Drones are unusable in XB1(solved!)

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Drones are unusable in XB1(solved!)

Postby sonotfetch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:32 am

I have crafted a Drone, and whenever I put it down, it will at first spin around and act normally. After 5 seconds, it will immediately drop and go into it's sleeping mode, with the face changing from a sleeping emote to a happy emote. I have tried putting it in different positions/areas, activating and resetting, and reloading my save, but to no avail.

Edit; the problem was not plopping a market link down. Fixed :)
Last edited by sonotfetch on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonotfetch
Plort
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby Jeb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:35 am

What about splashing it with water? If the tube on the side of the gadget is empty, it needs juice (which is water in this case). Drones were working fine for me yesterday on XB1.
Jeb
Rancher
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby sonotfetch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am

Jeb wrote:What about splashing it with water? If the tube on the side of the gadget is empty, it needs juice (which is water in this case). Drones were working fine for me yesterday on XB1.

I did splash it with water to no avail.
sonotfetch
Plort
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby sonotfetch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:11 am

I tested it in the main area of the farm, and set it to plorts, incinerator, plort market and it works. I then tried it in the Grotto plorts, outside plorts, plort market and it did not work.
Also tried it the Laboratory area and set it to plorts, plort collector, plort market and it did not work. I splashed 100 water on the drone each time.
sonotfetch
Plort
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby Jeb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:17 am

sonotfetch wrote:I tested it in the main area of the farm, and set it to plorts, incinerator, plort market and it works. I then tried it in the Grotto plorts, outside plorts, plort market and it did not work.
Also tried it the Laboratory area and set it to plorts, plort collector, plort market and it did not work. I splashed 100 water on the drone each time.


If it works in The Ranch but not The Grotto, I'd venture to say this is a conditional thing. Can you provide screenshots of the conditions you've programmed in the drone, and those relevant spots in The Grotto as well?
Jeb
Rancher
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby sonotfetch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:42 am

Here's the grotto and ranch commands
Attachments
ranchcommand.jpg
ranchcommand.jpg (126.27 KiB) Viewed 561 times
grottolocation.jpg
grottolocation.jpg (106.5 KiB) Viewed 561 times
grottocommand.jpg
grottocommand.jpg (115.82 KiB) Viewed 561 times
sonotfetch
Plort
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby Jeb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:04 am

Two questions. Firstly, are there plorts on the ground outside plots. Secondly, is there a market link placed in The Grotto?

Keep in mind drones can't traverse between ranch expansions, so if you expect the drone to go to the market in the next expansion, it won't do so.
Jeb
Rancher
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: Drones are unusable in XB1

Postby sonotfetch » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:27 am

Jeb wrote:Two questions. Firstly, are there plorts on the ground outside plots. Secondly, is there a market link placed in The Grotto?

Keep in mind drones can't traverse between ranch expansions, so if you expect the drone to go to the market in the next expansion, it won't do so.

It think the problem was the market link. Plopped one in the grotto and now the drone is working. A silly thing to forget but thanks for helping me out!
sonotfetch
Plort
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:26 am


Return to Technical Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests