Silvie's Got Slime Ideas!

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Silvie's Got Slime Ideas!

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:50 pm

HELLO I wanted to try my hand at writing up ideas for slimes! This definitely seems like a fun thing to do so I'm trying it out.

Shadow Slime
Color: Black, bright yellow eyes
Diet: Fruit
Favorite: Ramoontans (Look up what rambutans are; these are basically those but crescent-shaped and cream-colored.)

Slimeology:
Shadow Slimes are born in the darkest corners of the Far, Far Ranch, seemingly existing only in the darkness. They evaporate almost immediately on contact with light and cannot safely be stored anywhere outside of a cavern, or a corral with a solar shield. If a Shadow Slime hasn't eaten recently, its body will begin to warp and twist before becoming one with the shadows around it. This does not end its life, however- it will reform later.

Rancher Risks:
Shadow Slimes are not very harmful to humans, though they can be troublesome in their lack of light tolerance. You will also want to remember to feed them regularly, so that they do not disintegrate while your back is turned.

Plortonomics:
Shadow Plorts do not have the Shadow Slime trait of disappearing when exposed to light, for unknown reasons- instead, they exhibit a superb light-absorbing ability. Light that touches Shadow Plort compounds is absorbed and negated, leaving behind minimal residual heat for reasons unknown. For this reason, Shadow Plort compounds are frequently used in sunscreen and as a microthin coating on sunglasses.

Venom Slime
Color: Dark purple
Diet: Meat
Favorite: Elder Hen, Elder Roostro

Slimeology:
Venom Slimes are wildly toxic amalgamates of slime and poison, formed in polluted environments where slimes are exposed to horrible things. They are very determined slimes who will use their poison to kill their prey before they eat it. For this reason, they prefer Elder Hens and Roostros- they die faster. They are also super sticky and are capable of climbing walls to get to their prey, should it be too high for them to jump to.

Rancher Risks:
Since Venom Slimes are made of mostly pollutants and toxins, they are extremely dangerous on contact. Any skin-to-slime contact with a Venom Slime can result in a fatal poisoning, so don't touch them. Unless they're corralled, make sure to stay out of their line of sight if you value your life, as well.

Plortonomics:
Venom Slime plorts are extremely difficult to use, but when processed, the pure, vile poison that results is mostly being used as a somewhat controversial rat poison and pesticide. There has been some research into potentially using the plorts for medicinal reasons, however.

(This guy broke Imgur and refused to be uploaded to Photobucket. He really is buggy!)
Buggy Slime
Color: Multicolored
Diet: None
Favorite: None

[This is an "error handler" slime that would be produced if/when a player somehow manages to find a way to spawn an item that doesn't exist, possibly through the debug functions or a cheat console. They serve no purpose other than bragging rights and don't produce plorts.]

Slimeology:
This is a very, very strange slime produced when something goes wrong in the universe. Extremely rare, they will typically only appear to those who tamper with the world around them in some strange way. These many-eyed, tentacled weirdos seem to find the strangest ways to get into the strangest places, and are nearly impossible to corral.

Rancher Risks:
Buggy Slimes are harmless to Ranchers, but their troublesomeness and lack of plorts makes it so that most Ranchers consider it not worth it to keep one.

Plortonomics:
Buggy Slimes don't produce plorts.
Last edited by SilvieSkydancer on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Re: Silvie's Got Slime Ideas!

Postby Heather » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:44 am

Thanks for sharing your slime suggestions Silvie!
I like that you found a good use for elder Hen Hens and Roostros!
Heather
Admin

Postby Nunn » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Very neat ideas! +1
Nunn
Rancher

Postby ChosenPredator » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:23 pm

I like Shadow slimes - i think they should morph into whatever slimes worse fear is, so maybe each slime has its own shadow slime fear whatever that maybe, could potentially be a good or bad thing
ChosenPredator
Rancher

Postby Cymelion » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Venom Slime - actually make their Plort a key ingredient in cosmetic surgery and medicinal fields. - Draws better parallels with Botox and Body Cremes and anti-clotting medication.
Cymelion
Plort

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:11 pm

ChosenPredator wrote:I like Shadow slimes - i think they should morph into whatever slimes worse fear is, so maybe each slime has its own shadow slime fear whatever that maybe, could potentially be a good or bad thing

Cool idea!

Cymelion wrote:Venom Slime - actually make their Plort a key ingredient in cosmetic surgery and medicinal fields. - Draws better parallels with Botox and Body Cremes and anti-clotting medication.

Ooh, that's a good idea. I'll mention that.
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby lunatictrenton » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm

I like this ideas. I was thinking a chocolate or marshmallow slime would be cool :D
lunatictrenton
Rancher

Postby Wonda » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:07 pm

All it was was a simple recolor

Venom slimes are known for being feral until contained.

error("Missing String")
Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby SilvieSkydancer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:32 pm

Added my own art as well. Nice pictures, Wonda!
SilvieSkydancer
Rancher

Postby HunterSlime » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:37 pm

+1 on all the slimes keep up the good work! :D
I cant wait for the hunter slimes and I love the tarr! :D
HunterSlime
Rancher

Postby Kaite20 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Loving all of them, especially the Buggy/Glitch/Corrupted Slime! I'd keep a corral of those if I could just because I love the idea of glitchy slimes, as long as they don't break the game!
Kaite20
Rancher

Postby 43Darknero » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:09 am

I like the missing slime I would probably have one on my farm just for the company :P
Tabby slimes are too cute I made dis http://fav.me/d9pfb3b
Thought of a slime called Angelic. Check it out!
http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=883
Avatar by http://forums.monomipark.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16677
43Darknero
Rancher

Postby Hachiseiko » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:56 pm

Hey, I made some art for you! C:

PM me if you want a big version! It's in my thread!

All my latest slime art!
A base to make your own slimes!

Want to use any of my art?
That's fine! But ask me first! ;D

I'm not very active but PM me and I'll get an e-mail and I'll reply!
Hachiseiko
Keeper

Return to Creative