new update?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

new update?

Postby orempswenel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:10 pm

there hasn't been anything hinting at a new update in months so i feel like there is something much deeper going on.
orempswenel
Rancher

Re: new update?

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:43 pm

While accurate, seems to give the impression there hasn't been hints since the last update which is false. Yes months may be an accurate term, albeit a month is probably more accurate given things that have been going on that hint towards the next update. Likely wont be seeing it until December given what these hints have implied if taken together.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Radrancher » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:40 pm

December 2020 I'm okay with how long it takes The game is awesome but I fear that it might not be updated
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby spritelessGirl » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Well, the only NPCs who havn't given you some far off ranch expansion are BOb and Thora West, although since Hobson moved in with her and sold you his old ranch, it's sort of like all the original ranch was given by her. And BOb is friends with Victor, he helped with the chicken cloner!

I... wouldn't want a large update of BOb content, I'd need to copy everything he says down and draw a logic diagram of it.

What sort of extra game modes would work in the system? We got port gathering in Miles race, food gathering in Ogden's retreat, and slime gathering in Victor's sim. That's the three biggest uses of the vacuum tool in the game. Perhaps a toy throwing contest? Jumping?

Yess BOb wants us to play basketball as reimagined by a native of the Far Far Range. I'll figure out the rules by the scoreboard the tutorial can be intentionally silly.

But I haven't seen any art updates, so I honestly expect just some more of the "Explore the range to find the Singing slime" quest to sort of randomly happen forever. Maybe eventually they will make tools to allow the fans to create more areas. CS Source style. Anyone remember Counter Strike Source? I'm so old.
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Postby Radrancher » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:39 pm

I'd like to see Thora West's ranch expansion it would be a fun to see what it's like
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby Highwayman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Idea, for a new update, SPACE, More specifically, Moon Base.
My idea for the update is that you get a new "Space shuttle", The shuttle would work like a new area as it needs to be phrased, The Best part is what they can add, "ASTROID SLIMES".
This is what I think a eventual update will be.

Anyone else have a idea for a update.
Highwayman
Plort

Postby Radrancher » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm

That's actually just what I was about to make a thing about
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby Radrancher » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 am

But he is right
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby spritelessGirl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:38 am

I would actually love to traverse that giant smiley face on the moon in Slime Rancher.
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Postby Radrancher » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Ha
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby Chhedderboy » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

I don’t really care what the new update is. The moon would be really cool, in fact I’d love to see that happen. But what ever this update is it’s going to be really big.

Maybe even add a few new modes to the game.

What if it is a BOb expansion.
What if you play basketball on the moon!
I never really know what I’m doing, and I DON’T like eggs.

well actually I’ve never tried eggs.
Chhedderboy
Rancher

Postby TheHiThereMan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:01 pm

There is a big chance that the delay in updates hints towards the fact that Monomi Park are prioritising a new game.
During current events that becomes a harder task in itself, but it would be made incredibly difficult if they had to focus resources on a game that's already reached a decline.
I'm not saying that they will or should stop Slime Rancher support, but I will be expecting less from them, especially in light of current events.
UK & Ireland 4evr
TheHiThereMan
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion