SRML broken?

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

SRML broken?

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi.

I know there is very little the devs can officially do, so I'm really just looking for information. I have Slime Rancher Mod Loader on my game, and two saved games. Last weekend, all was well. This weekend, the man menu button for mod management is gone, and none of the mods are loaded. Three of the mods and SRML have not changed since I loaded them in October, and one had a minor bugfix at the beginning of December.

Did a recent patch occur that would have affected modding support?

Thank you.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Re: SRML broken?

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:18 pm

2 things I'll be sharing here, 1 regarding a better location to look for information on this, the second being the situation here.

1st, the partnered discord has a modding section, where the SRML dev and a number of other modders (including myself) are fairly active. Usually that is the hub for modding questions an answers.

2nd, yes SRML broke. When 1.4.1 dropped earlier this month, it did 2 major things. 1 switched the code we would have been accessing to c++ instead of c# (made modding essentially impossible for the time) and a number of back end changes. The c++ bit got reverted back to mono c#, so we can get back to modding, but the back end changes still broke SRML. Veesus, the SRML dev has had their plate full lately and hasn't been able to push out the update yet.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Re: SRML broken?

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Thank you very much for the information.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to Technical Support