Why people are still asking for multiplayer

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Why people are still asking for multiplayer

Postby Moreminds2005 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Just because Monomi Park said "anything is possible with your support" doesn't mean multiplayer will come to Slime Rancher. It is nice to give support, but don't spam posts about wanting multiplayer. It won't happen.

Personally, I think multiplayer is a bad idea. The game would be way too easy, even with only 2 people. Player 1 would go and explore freely, while player 2 stays back at the Ranch feeding slimes, selling plorts, watering drones, you get the point.

As most people know, multiplayer would be too hard and too buggy to implement. I am not talking about the Slime-ulation, I am talking about unintended bugs like cloning or whatever.

So, multiplayer will most likely not come (don't criticize me on saying "most likely") to Slime Rancher. It is the developers' decision.

I am very sorry for sounding so harsh and cruel.
Moreminds2005
Rancher

Re: Why people are still asking for multiplayer

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 pm

These are all my opinions....

Part of it is that is the general movement of video games these days. MMO's and battle royal type games are very popular, and we can all name a dozen.

I think another part of it is that this game has a really loyal fan base, and it would be fun to play along with each other.

I do agree with everything you said. The main thing that would make me push back, though, is that I think a free-for-all in the Slimeulations would be an absolute blast. I don't have the twitch reflexes for most FPS's and would just be a boat anchor on the online games, but I would immediately jump into that free for all.

I also think there are ways to brush up against collaborative play, like the large collective Exchange tasks I suggested a while back, and another suggested everyone playing as slimes. Personally, I would like to see some element where I can contribute to a collective goal, see the contributions of others so I can see their presence, and feel like "we" reached a goal. That's a far far cry from multiplayer, though.

Or....

We could all buy 500 copies of the game, and then Monomi would have enough money to invest in an online MMO Far Far World. :-)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby nam2870 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:37 pm

Because there are some unconvenience point, people want to solve that problem through multiplayer system.

Most is map system. We should watch map in full size, not a mini map size. So we cannot both moving and map-watching at the same time. I`m not sure you agree, but this is one of critical cons for not experienced road-finder. And those person want to other player for guidance. If system improve, dissatisfaction will be decrease.

And system problem is monomi park`s part, not yours. Whatever they said, they lead us on. When they answered, if they said "No Multiplayer", players would not say twice. But they didn`t said "NO" and that is because of their team size. And recently they said their team got bigger. When is that so, players look forward to again. People doesn`t want multiplayer at first. They start this game because of this slime`s cutiness. But there are cons through playing, they became want to other player for helping.

Monomi park have to solve this through listening opinions.

Demand Is Not A Bad Thing.
nam2870
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:26 am

nam2870 wrote:Because there are some unconvenience point, people want to solve that problem through multiplayer system.

Most is map system. We should watch map in full size, not a mini map size. So we cannot both moving and map-watching at the same time. I`m not sure you agree, but this is one of critical cons for not experienced road-finder. And those person want to other player for guidance. If system improve, dissatisfaction will be decrease.

And system problem is monomi park`s part, not yours. Whatever they said, they lead us on. When they answered, if they said "No Multiplayer", players would not say twice. But they didn`t said "NO" and that is because of their team size. And recently they said their team got bigger. When is that so, players look forward to again. People doesn`t want multiplayer at first. They start this game because of this slime`s cutiness. But there are cons through playing, they became want to other player for helping.

Monomi park have to solve this through listening opinions.

Demand Is Not A Bad Thing.

Did not say no? How is "we have no intention of adding it in the forseeable future" not "no". Hell their answer has only become a more solid no over time. "It might change after 1.0.0" was originally part of it, that portion got removed after 1.0.0. All they've done in their answer that isn't a no is noting they might change their mind depending on how things unfold.

If someone said you can't come to their party, thats a no. If something happens and some other guest couldn't make it due ro unforseen circumstances, and you were then able to come, does this now mean the initial answer wasn't a no? Does making note that there is a chance that in the unforseen future due to unforseen circumstances that things might change, make the answer not a no?

You have a couple points here that are decent but the minimap argument being a key reason for it comes out of left field mostly without any real basis in any of the reasons people have ever actuallygiven for the reques. but this point about "they lead us on" and "if they said no multiplayer, people would not say twice" don't seem to understand what has actually happened on the subject. Because said if did occur, and what you mentioned wouldn't occur is exactly what is occuring.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby veesusmikelheir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:57 pm

While official multiplayer is totally out of the question, but the modding community has taken great strides in the development of a third party multiplayer mod, so not all hope is lost!
veesusmikelheir
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm

veesusmikelheir wrote:While official multiplayer is totally out of the question, but the modding community has taken great strides in the development of a third party multiplayer mod, so not all hope is lost!

Presuming modding survives the events that have unfolded. Hope is definitely not lost, but its hitting rough patches.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:58 pm

veesusmikelheir wrote:While official multiplayer is totally out of the question, but the modding community has taken great strides in the development of a third party multiplayer mod, so not all hope is lost!

Something like that has happened to Ravenfield, albeit that would be easier.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby OscarSkeels » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:23 am

personally i would enjoy Multiplayer or even split screen for console
OscarSkeels
Plort

Postby Radrancher » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:21 am

I respect their decision it is hard to update the game already. So if I have a say I say download a mod
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby Radrancher » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Or they can make it so that you can't go a certain distance from each other you have to stay in the same area
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Radrancher wrote:Or they can make it so that you can't go a certain distance from each other you have to stay in the same area

Which solves literally none of the issues that are key components in the reasonings for the devs not doing it.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Radrancher » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:41 am

lol
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby TheHiThereMan » Thu May 07, 2020 5:22 am

When people want something, of course they are going to ask. Protesters don't back down just because the government said no.
UK & Ireland 4evr
TheHiThereMan
Chickadoo

Postby Radrancher » Sat May 23, 2020 5:43 pm

He has a point
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby Radrancher » Sat May 23, 2020 5:44 pm

But I also agree with them multiplayer is kind of cheating since one person can be doing the adventure the other one can be doing the stuff at the ranch The only way I can think this would be possible is if they created a different game mode that's a lot More difficult The only other possibilities is that they make it so player can't leave the area that the other players in but why would you do that
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby rickdeplata » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:47 am

I do agree with everything you said. The main thing that would make me push back, though, is that I think a free-for-all in the Slimeulations would be an absolute blast. I don't have the twitch reflexes for most FPS's and would just be a boat anchor on the online games, but I would immediately jump into that free for all.

I also think there are ways to brush up against collaborative play, like the large collective Exchange tasks I suggested a while back, and another suggested everyone playing as slimes. Personally, I would like to see some element where I can contribute to a collective goal, see the contributions of others so I can see their presence, and feel like "we" reached a goal. That's a far far cry from multiplayer, though.
rickdeplata
Plort

Return to General Discussion