Under the Slime Sea

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Under the Slime Sea

Postby spritelessGirl » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:40 pm

So, SlimeyJames had a list of ideas, and one of them was "Underwater Update!" and that got me thinking.
What could there be under the Slime Sea? I mean, game lore says it is a place where slimes can travel long distances. I personally imagined it would contain the Mother of all slimes, but that would be hard to implement, gameplay wise. Besides, the Far Far Range is so welcoming, it grew a whole jungle in Horace's time there, she sends stacks of Slimes to watch over you whenever you are alone, in the Slimeulation sh- I am making fanfiction now if you can't tell. But why not create a cove to show just a part of the Slime Sea to her guests? Victor already has an Undersea base, maybe he can help you explore it, with the right technology?

New Slimes:
Pressure Slime: I'd make it dark sea green, with some turtle-shell like pattern all over it. For a special ability it can have compression and pull all the loose objects nearby towards itself. This game sure loves slimes with the ability to cause havoc, and what could cause more than pulling nearby plorts and slimes to the same place? The plorts can be used to protect spaceships against decompression, naturally.

Sting Slime: Bright neon (what color hasn't been used yet?) with little stubby tentacles coming off it like an anemone or a jellyfish. It causes little vines to come up out of the ground, but unlike the Crystal Slime's damaging knives, these tendrils only slow people down. All the better to jump on my head! Aw you guys!

Whatever slime you just threw into the Slime Sea: Hey I thought you were gone should I bring you back home?

Salt Slimes: Just a rough textured white elemental slime, who you can only keep safely at the bottom of a pond upgraded to be really deep. Plorts are as tasty as salt but much healthier.
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Re: Under the Slime Sea

Postby PersonForSale » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:33 am

This is one of fan suggestion that I like as it could fit in with the Slime Rancher world: it's simple, but gives more lore (and of course, slimes) to the game. This is a great idea:) Well done.
PersonForSale
Plort

Postby slimeyjames » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:03 am

This was absolutely lovely!
slimeyjames
Chickadoo

Postby spritelessGirl » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 pm

I'm glad people enjoy it!
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Postby spritelessGirl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:19 pm

Because Slime Pies had a bunch of info about environment, here is some more stuff!

Co-Nut: A fruit that grows in palm-tree like plant, is a half sphere shaped cup of tasty juice. What power does it use to hold the juice in? Perhaps something the Pressure Slime finds nutritious.

Under-watercress: A leafy green aquatic vegetable filled with antioxidants. The Sting Slimes can't get enough of this super food.

(Look for all the cool alien vegetables there is no obvious green salad.)

Slime Sea Cucumber: It is a stationary animal. It can be raised in a garden. Carnivorous slimes prefer poultry, but ranchers who dislike the hassle of Hen-Hens might use 'em.
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Postby Kreme » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:05 pm

This was absolutely lovely!

Discord - Kreme#0669
My name is Krēmē

*said like that, not written like that*
Kreme
Plort

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:06 am

I love this idea. How do you think the underwater biome would be like?
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby spritelessGirl » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:58 pm

I guess I was picturing general language of layout like the dry reef, except kind of star shaped instead of circle shaped. The area has bluer sky, softer sand, and more of the coral like structures are colorful instead of bleached. Jet streams are filled with slimes travelling through, many species, including whatever you've tossed into the sea recently.

These streams are the borders of the area. If you get into these streams, you leave the sea, and go to a shore in area you've been before. Since Tarr is allergic to water, they don't happen, instead when the population gets too large slimes use the streams to disappear to other areas.

Ahh, these streams are also the part that would be hard to implement though. If I went into modding the game, I'd have to write a ton just to create the start for them. It'd be easier to border off the infinite expanse of sea with a tether. An air line, perhaps. Oh imagine dragging the tether across the best path through the obsticle with the vacuum cleaner oh no I love it but I know many wouldn't.
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Normally I'm against this kind of thing but this is pretty good.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Return to Slime Design