question about a potential playable male character?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

question about a potential playable male character?

Postby Soapstone82 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Will you guys be adding a potential playable male character down the road in an upcoming patch or as a free dlc option?
Soapstone82
Plort

Re: question about a potential playable male character?

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:19 pm

Honestly doubt it. Wouldn't be overly difficult sure, but at the same time outside of a couple people expressing a desire for an alternative (this would be about the 3rd or 4th suggestion for such I've seen) there isn't much reason to go through said effort.
In the end it would be a couple changes to dialogue, starmail and hobson notes, alongside another character model which you won't see often anyways. Little reason for or against the process, when they could instead focus such time/resources towards something more impactful.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Soapstone82 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:08 pm

I could see it as being useful as well as creating a custom beatrix or male character if they ever add multiplayer into the game. At the least as a possible trade option. To trade with real people in addition to npcs.
Soapstone82
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 am

Soapstone82 wrote:I could see it as being useful as well as creating a custom beatrix or male character if they ever add multiplayer into the game. At the least as a possible trade option. To trade with real people in addition to npcs.

And this is where other things come into play. On one hand the trading with other players is a nice idea and all, but it can ruin gameplay a little bit in progression depending on how they set up the trade system. Beyond that, trades have grown to actually be a part of unlocking areas of the game (so flooding this with other trade options can clog up someone's progression rather that accelate it a bit (which is also quite possible))

Multiplayer in general has a number of issues as well, ranging from behind the scenes coding needing to be fixed, to syncing, to the literal story of the game needing be changed a bit (the main theme of the main story working in stark contrast to the concept), to the fact the devs have expressed that they have no intention to add multiplayer.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Flappety » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:11 am

Whilst I think that were the game to get bigger, a male character should be added. I honestly don't think it matters that much as tbh the character of Beatrix isn't really impactful on the game at all. You are the rancher after all, just through the character of Beatrix.
Flappety
Plort

Postby Radrancher » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:05 am

Same
Radrancher
Rancher

Postby spritelessGirl » Wed May 06, 2020 1:16 pm

Decorative items! Like stickers and glowing lights you can suck up with your slime vaccuum.

More areas, more slimes native to those areas. Does your version get to the Glass Desert?

More NPCs with their own mini-games. Mochi's race, Ogden's food collection, and Victor's science gadgets. If you've done all that, then that's the main content for the game.

And sometimes there are singing slimes to find. Do you like exploring? The joy of exploring is kept alive!
spritelessGirl
Rancher

Postby TheHiThereMan » Thu May 07, 2020 5:21 am

I would personally love to see this. There could possibly be a feature to change skin colour, which would be cool.
UK & Ireland 4evr
TheHiThereMan
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion