Slime Rancher Idea (WIP)

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Slime Rancher Idea (WIP)

Postby SaltbrushC » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:50 am

Story:

There would be an expansion behind the Lab that could be purchased called the Pasture. It would be a nice open green space with 4 plots. However, once you get there, you can see there is another purchasable lot known as the South Cave. There is a note saying 'buy at your own risk'. If you do, you have access to 4 more underground plots. There is a mysterious Tarr-like substance on one wall. You can clear it off with water, and if you do, it reveals a passage to an ancient-ruins style portal room, that requires dervish plorts, meaning you must have unlocked the Glass Desert. If you supply them, it will spin very fast and become a teleporter to a land known as Howling Heights.

Howling Heights:

In Howling Heights, which is a chain of very tall islands, there is a lot of wind that blows items and most slimes around, there are four new slimes and three new food items. There are three Gordos: the Litho Gordo that is blocking a bridge, the Talon Gordo that holds a slime key, and the Aura Gordo that is in a well-lit cave and is sitting on a one-way teleporter back to the ranch. There is a Slime Gate to the Poison Bog at the end of the island chain.

Slimes:

Talon Slime: Fast carnivorous slime that is fully capable of flight. Resembles a bird. Spawns about as rarely as Hunter Slimes. Eats all chickens but favors the Glider Hen. When hungry, largos can turn feral. Plorts are difficult to obtain from this slime because it swoops down to catch its prey and eats it in the air, leading to plorts falling into the sea. Is fully ranchable, but an air net is recommended, as is feeding regularly, otherwise it will escape. Plorts are quite valuable.

Aura Slime: Similar to a Phosphor slime, but requires light and will vanish in darkness. Is colorful and butterfly like. Spawns as commonly as Phosphor Slimes but during day. Eats fruit and favors the Alpine Apple. Is not very good at flight so does occasionally get tossed around. Exudes a scent that calms other slimes down. Requires a Strong Lighting upgrade in a corral so it does not vanish come night. Plorts are somewhat valuable.

Litho Slime: Resembles a gray Rock Slime with a sucker on its underside. Attaches to rocks to not get blown away. Eats all vegetables and favors the Radishook. Is calm and never jumps, only moves along like a snail. Can damage the player as well as hang upside down or sideways. Plorts are somewhat valuable.

Drifter Slime: Resembles a jellyfish mixed with a puddle slime. Spawns only in fog clouds that occur in specific places. Will produce plorts at regular intervals when in contact with fog. Plorts float to the top of fog instead of falling like other slimes' plorts. Requires a Fog Chamber to be housed on the ranch. Plorts are very valuable.

Food:

Glider Hens spawn from nests all over the Heights. Will float to the ground instead of falling. Favored by the Talon Slime and will produce Glider Chickadoos when near a Roostro. Similar to other chickens in most regards.

Alpine Apples are pineapples that grow on trees like other in-game fruit instead of like actual pineapples. Favored by the Aura Slime and can be grown in a garden.

Radishooks are radishes that grow in the ground, never blow away due to being 'hooked' to the soil. Require vacpack use to uproot. Can be planted in a garden, favored by the Litho Slime.

Poison Bog:

An area past a slime gate from the Howling Heights. There is purple goop that forms a sea that islands are on. The player must move between the islands. There is a closed off area that requires another slime key. There are four new slimes here and four new food items. There are four Gordos: A Mire Gordo blocking a bridge, a Wisp Gordo in a cave on a one-way teleporter to the ranch, a Tox Gordo that holds a Slime Key, and a Gulp Gordo in the closed-off area that is on a two-way teleporter to the ranch.

Slimes:

Mire Slime: Found commonly in the Bog. They can swim in the poison sea and move about on land, resembling frogs. They cause no harm to the player but jump around like crazy. They eat all veggies but prefer the Bog Yam. They have a long tongue that they use to pull veggies from the ground (and other food if they are a largo). High walls are recommended on the ranch, Plorts are not very valuable.

Tox Slime: Rarer than mire slimes. Are purple and exude a poison cloud that is similar to the radiation cloud but more dangerous. Eat any fruit but prefer Purplums. Can make other slimes agitated. Plorts are quite valuable.

Wisp Slime: Ghostly light-sensitive slimes. Spawn rarely at night. Eat fruit and favor the Phantomato. Have the unique ability to create ghost flames that teleport random objects to them from nearby. This can lead to items, slimes, or even the player being sent into awkward and dangerous places. Ghost flames are visible both on the object and where it will be sent. Ghost flames can be snuffed with water. Require a Solar Shield on the ranch, plorts are very valuable.

Gulp Slime: Found only in the closed-off area. Resemble an anglerfish. Can pull anything nearby towards them when they open their mouth, dealing damage to the player and agitating slimes. Will eat any chicken but favor Swamp Hens. Plorts are extremely valuable.

Food:
Bog yams are a common vegetable in the Poison Bog. They resemble purple yams. Favored by Mire Slimes.

Purplums grow on trees in the Poison Bog. Fairly common, are obviously plums. Favored by Tox Slimes.

Phantomatos are fruit that grows on vines on trees. Incorporeal by day, obtainable by night. Rare. Favored by Wisp Slimes.

Swamp Hens are chickens with nothing significant about them, other than they are only found in the closed-off area and favored by Gulp Slimes.
Attachments
Map.png
Map, Gordos represented by letters, fog is dark teal, Water is light blue, poison is purple goop, purple swirl is the Dervish Portal, blue rings are one-way teleporters, and pink rings is a two-way teleporter network.
Map.png (221.49 KiB) Viewed 9242 times
SaltbrushC
Plort

Re: Slime Rancher Idea (WIP)

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Nice ideas.

Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SaltbrushC » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:43 am

Images of slimes and plorts (secret styles coming soon, however I am not drawing largos or gordos because they are not different enough and you can literally just imagine what they would look like)
Attachments
saltysslimes.png
slimes
saltysslimes.png (131.11 KiB) Viewed 9166 times
SaltbrushC
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:40 am

Definitely some decent ideas here. Biggest thing I may criticize here is the talon slime's feralling aspect. While as it is worded it would be hunger linked rather than agitation (although I suspect agitation would have been intended here if you meant it to be like the hunter largo.) It is near identical to the key feature of hunter largos that actually make them unique, outside of graphically appearing to turn invisible. Given each slime has it's own unique quirk that makes it stand out from the others (tabby being just plain compared to the other feline slimes, rocks rolling far more than Crystals and so forth.) With related slimes sharing similar properties, just seems to go against this to have a bird like slime share a property, and a unique one at that, with a feline slime.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby SaltbrushC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Definitely some decent ideas here. Biggest thing I may criticize here is the talon slime's feralling aspect. While as it is worded it would be hunger linked rather than agitation (although I suspect agitation would have been intended here if you meant it to be like the hunter largo.) It is near identical to the key feature of hunter largos that actually make them unique, outside of graphically appearing to turn invisible. Given each slime has it's own unique quirk that makes it stand out from the others (tabby being just plain compared to the other feline slimes, rocks rolling far more than Crystals and so forth.) With related slimes sharing similar properties, just seems to go against this to have a bird like slime share a property, and a unique one at that, with a feline slime.

Rather than going feral, I say the talon slimes would actively attempt to fly out of their corral and escape to the nearest food source. This would lead to utter chaos with no-longer-hungry talon slimes not going back to their corrals, perhaps ending up in other corrals and eating plorts, or having their own plorts eaten easily. A suitable challenge for an experienced Beatrix.
SaltbrushC
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm

SaltbrushC wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:Definitely some decent ideas here. Biggest thing I may criticize here is the talon slime's feralling aspect. While as it is worded it would be hunger linked rather than agitation (although I suspect agitation would have been intended here if you meant it to be like the hunter largo.) It is near identical to the key feature of hunter largos that actually make them unique, outside of graphically appearing to turn invisible. Given each slime has it's own unique quirk that makes it stand out from the others (tabby being just plain compared to the other feline slimes, rocks rolling far more than Crystals and so forth.) With related slimes sharing similar properties, just seems to go against this to have a bird like slime share a property, and a unique one at that, with a feline slime.

Rather than going feral, I say the talon slimes would actively attempt to fly out of their corral and escape to the nearest food source. This would lead to utter chaos with no-longer-hungry talon slimes not going back to their corrals, perhaps ending up in other corrals and eating plorts, or having their own plorts eaten easily. A suitable challenge for an experienced Beatrix.

Ok, because the OP literally says turn feral when hungry. Definitely a fair alternative, but yeah.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby SaltbrushC » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
SaltbrushC wrote:

Ok, because the OP literally says turn feral when hungry. Definitely a fair alternative, but yeah.

Um, I am the OP.
SaltbrushC
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:35 pm

SaltbrushC wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
SaltbrushC wrote:

Um, I am the OP.

OP tends to mean either original post or original poster, this case I meant original post (which literally stated the largos turn feral when hungry) which I had been responding to. I realized you were the original poster, and wanted to make sure it was clear that had been stated in the original post. Have had enough people get ticked off at me because i can't read their minds when they change what they are thinking, and it wasn't entirely clear if you were implying that had been your original intent (which then would be a reason for me to quote your original post) or if it was a change that came about later (to which it wouldn't matter if I did point out where I was coming from there or not.)
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby SaltbrushC » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:31 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
SaltbrushC wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
SaltbrushC wrote:

Um, I am the OP.

OP tends to mean either original post or original poster, this case I meant original post (which literally stated the largos turn feral when hungry) which I had been responding to. I realized you were the original poster, and wanted to make sure it was clear that had been stated in the original post. Have had enough people get ticked off at me because i can't read their minds when they change what they are thinking, and it wasn't entirely clear if you were implying that had been your original intent (which then would be a reason for me to quote your original post) or if it was a change that came about later (to which it wouldn't matter if I did point out where I was coming from there or not.)

This was a change that came about later, truly sorry for the inconvenience and confusion, I'm new here.
SaltbrushC
Plort

Postby SaltbrushC » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Sorry, it's been a while. I have some more ideas for this, mostly relating to Slime Science.
-Drills can make Gale Geodes in the Howling Heights and Clostridite in the Poison Bog.
-Pumps can make Altoleum in the Heights and Purified Bogwater in the Bog.
-Apiaries can make Sky Propolis in the Heights and Swamp Gel (more rarely Ghost Gel) in the Bog.
-Any extractor in the Howling Heights or the Poison Bog could produce Mysterious Essence occasionally (more likely in Poison Bog)
These would be vital in producing a class of utilities known as Porta-Farms. All Porta-farms require Mysterious Essence in addition to other resources.
They would be like smaller gardens/coops that would occupy a gadget site, produce fewer food items than a full plot, and look how they naturally do on the range. Odd onion patches are creatable due to the technology involved, and they function like other veggie patches.
Types of porta-farms (and the resources they require):
-Carrot Patch (pink plorts, jellystones)
-Heart Beet Patch (rock plorts, indigonium)
-Oca Oca Patch (rad plorts, slime fossils)
-Odd Onion Patch (crystal plorts, strange diamonds)
-Silver Parsnip Patch (mosaic plorts, glass shards)
-Radishook Patch (litho plorts, gale geodes)
-Bog Yam Patch (mire plorts, clostridite)
-Pogofruit Tree (pink plorts, buzz wax)
-Cuberry Tree (phosphor plorts, wild honey)
-Mint Mango Tree (honey plorts, hexacombs)
-Phase Lemon Tree (quantum plorts, royal jelly)
-Prickle Pear Tree (dervish plorts, pepper jam)
-Alpine Apple Tree (aura plorts, sky propolis)
-Purplum Tree (tox plorts, swamp gel)
-Phantomato Tree (wisp plorts, ghost gel)
-Hen Hen Nest (pink plorts, primordy oil)
-Stony Hen Nest (tabby plorts, deep brine)
-Briar Hen Nest (boom plorts, spiral steam)
-Roostro Nest (hunter plorts, lava dust)
-Painted Hen Nest (tangle plorts, silky sand)
-Glider Hen Nest (talon plorts, altoleum)
-Swamp Hen Nest (gulp plorts, purified bogwater)
Decorations are necessary for these new areas as well:
-Windswept Tree
-Alpine Grass
-Alpine Lupine Patch
-Ring Rocks
-Howling Arch
-Alpine Spire
-Mangrove Tree
-Bog Grass
-Bog Flower Patch
-Swamp Crystals
-Overgrown Rocks
-Swamp Tent

FOG CHAMBERS:
They are a ranch plot that allows you to contain and feed drifter slimes.
SaltbrushC
Plort

Postby Radrancher » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:45 pm

I like the idea but it already takes a long time to update and all of that it's a lot so expected to take a while but good
Radrancher
Rancher

Return to Slime Design