Slime Lab Log 3

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Re: Slime Lab Log 3

Postby tabstabby1066 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:08 am

DAY FIVE
<Camera click.>

Dr Tabs, back for reports. The quantum plorts seem to be used for more than just teleporters and other things we know. The tabbies accidentally got hold of the plorts, but they behave like a normal Tabby/Quantum largo..suspicious. You might see that these reports are short, I don't mine that.
Transmission end.
Look down here, I have returned after a long 'break'.
tabstabby1066
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:03 am

Hello everybody!
Dr Joseph Devilli-Seth here.
Sorry I've been away for a while, I had a few things back on Earth to get done.
Good to see we have new, young scientists joining the Log.
Anyway, on to my discoveries while I was away.
A [REDACTED] plort can be eaten by a Tarr, and the Tarr then goes through what I have named the [REDACTED] phase, causing it to [REDACTED] [REDACTED].
Thank you!
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:02 pm

>STARTING TRANSMISSION...
>LABLOG 007

Hi! I'm so hyped to tell you guys everything that happened! Ok so where do I start?

>SLIMES

There is a huge variety of slimes in the landmass, as of now there is 77 hypothized slimes, 41 confirmed and 19 carefully documented, a total of 143 slimes! If you count the hypothized ones.

An interesting phenomenom happens in the water here, a material that has been recently discovered all over the continent has the hability to detoxify the water, creating bays, lakes, swamps and other bodies of water that can be habitable to slime life! It probably came from the meteor that hit the landmass a long time ago.

In this post I'll only talk about the aquatic slimes and only name the confirmed.

Aquatic Slimes

Confirmed:

Found in the Denirrian Sea

Reef Slime (Limus scopulum)
Thorn Slime (Limus spinam)
Crust Slime (Limus buccella)
Brine Slime (Limus muria)

Found in the Moonstone Bay

Moss Slime (Limus mucus)
Littleneck Slime (Limus paeloris)
Paddle Slime (Limus remus)

Found in the Tulip Mangrove

Tweezer Slime (Limus forcipe)
Gravel Slime (Limus sabulum)
Mire Slime (Limus lama)

Found in the Velvet Swamps

Leap Slime (Limus salire)
Fin Slime (Limus fin)
Scaly Slime (Limus squameus)
Lilypad Slime (Limus lilium)

Found in the Sap Marshlands

Toothy Slime (Limus dente)
Blade Slime (Limus lamina)
Pine Slime (Limus pinus)

Found in the Stripe River

Keen Slime (Limus acribus)
Silky Slime (Limus sericis)
Cantaluope Slime (Limus cucumis)

>NOTES

What's next? I'll talk about the doccumented slimes and aquatic biomes in the next post, and I'll talk about the continental slimes and biomes in the next one. To any one who was interested in Viktor's Slimeulations, I'm sorry but he has already hired someone. Also we are working with a new scientist! Bob! He is a ornithologist and specializes in hens, he is one of the most clever ornithologist I've ever met!

>EVA'S Q&A SECTION

Eva's going to make a Q&A section for anyone who has any questions
EVA: Hi everyone! Ask me anything you want to know about the lab, the crew, the slimes, the biomes, etc.

>END OF TRANSMISSION
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 am

For anyone who doesn't know yet, I'm on a new continent, it was discovered recently, we still don't know why it suddenly appeared.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:41 pm

hi my name is turtlebob but you can just call me turtle. I just recently left earth and tried to come to the far far range when its moons gravitational pull sucked me on to it. I went outside to see the damage when I saw a gray blob floating my way. I went closer and released it was a slime!! at this moment I am conducting all sorts of tests. I'm calling this new slime the crater slime (it's a work in progress). anyway enough about me congratulations to the person who discovered all these new slimes (I still don't know names). if it were ok could you send a sketch of the water slimes known I am very interested in that field of study. thanks have to go before my ship breaks down again. bye.
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:44 pm

joshbob121 wrote:anyway enough about me congratulations to the person who discovered all these new slimes (I still don't know names). if it were ok could you send a sketch of the water slimes known I am very interested in that field of study. thanks have to go before my ship breaks down again. bye.

SlimeCone99 wrote:There is:

Eva: she is a zoologist, she discovered that quantum slimes are interdimensional beings.
Jane: she is a archaeologist, she created the rainbow plague extinction theory.
Michael: he is a chemist, he made the blank slime formula.
Phillip: he is a archeobotanist, he discovered the favorite food of many different extinct species of slime.
Christine: she is a botanist, she studied the different ways a slime's favorite food cooperate with the slime.
Viktor: he is a slimeologist, he conducted a revolutionary study about slime cells.
Paul: he is a mineralogist, he discovered indigonium.
Steve: he is a geographer, he was the first to make a realistic map of all of the Far, Far Range.
Wallace: he is a geologist, he conducted a important experiment about plate tectonics.
Slimeurphy: he is a acheologist and slimeologist, gained a nobel prize for creating life from scratch.
So here is everyone!
Eva:Hi everyone, I'm HYPED for your discoveries! Keep researching.
Phillip:Hello, I am researching aquatic foods now.
Viktor:Greetings, I have calculated the chance of the following question: "What are you doing?" and the answer is-
Me:Viktor stop calculating everything...
Viktor:...no...
Me:ANYWAY, the others are conducting field research so they will come soon.
There was no single person that discovered them, all of us did.
As for the sketches Steve is working on them.

Wow interesting discovery... A slime on the Moon! A slime on Leviathan, really really interesting, the first leviathanian slime! Lunar slimes! Wow!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:56 pm

hi everyone! thanks for the name chart it really helped. I can't wait to work with you all! I made it to the far far range but while I was fixing my ship I found a kind of veggie on the surface of the moon. it looks like cabbage but is gray and rock solid. I found 3 of them so I'm going to send one your way Phillip. the 2nd one I fed to the crater slime and you'll never guess what happened!!! as soon as the crater slime had the veggie ( who was very dull by the way) not only produced 2 plots but went crazy like a glitch slime!! ill have to come back sometime to get more of that veggie but for now I'm studying the last one. I'm calling it moon lettuce. hope I can talk more soon but for now I need to study the moon lettuce AND the plorts so see you then :)
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 am

joshbob121 wrote:hi everyone! thanks for the name chart it really helped. I can't wait to work with you all! I made it to the far far range but while I was fixing my ship I found a kind of veggie on the surface of the moon. it looks like cabbage but is gray and rock solid. I found 3 of them so I'm going to send one your way Phillip. the 2nd one I fed to the crater slime and you'll never guess what happened!!! as soon as the crater slime had the veggie ( who was very dull by the way) not only produced 2 plots but went crazy like a glitch slime!! ill have to come back sometime to get more of that veggie but for now I'm studying the last one. I'm calling it moon lettuce. hope I can talk more soon but for now I need to study the moon lettuce AND the plorts so see you then :)
Interesting discoveries Dr. Turtle. This can open up a whole new field of slimeology! I hope you are ok

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi Dr. Slimeurphy!! I am doing better than ok I have discovered that the crater slimes plorts are basically indestructible!! The only way I've found to melt them is putting them in a super incinerator! I'm already getting offers of thousands of newbucks! I also found a way to grow the moon lettuce. You just put a solar shield around it. Slimeurphy I would like to offer a deal. I have done some scouting out and found another new content. it is the polar opposite from the glass desert. would you like to come with me to this new content? if you are to busy that is fine but I would like to offer and you get 55% of all newbucks made on the trip. send a reply as soon as you can and i'll come pick you up in my submarine (I heard that your lab was in the slime sea).

From Dr. Turtle :)
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:58 pm

joshbob121 wrote:Hi Dr. Slimeurphy!! I am doing better than ok I have discovered that the crater slimes plorts are basically indestructible!! The only way I've found to melt them is putting them in a super incinerator! I'm already getting offers of thousands of newbucks! I also found a way to grow the moon lettuce. You just put a solar shield around it. Slimeurphy I would like to offer a deal. I have done some scouting out and found another new content. it is the polar opposite from the glass desert. would you like to come with me to this new content? if you are to busy that is fine but I would like to offer and you get 55% of all newbucks made on the trip. send a reply as soon as you can and i'll come pick you up in my submarine (I heard that your lab was in the slime sea).

From Dr. Turtle :)
Hello Dr. Turtle, after thinking for some time I'm afraid to say that I won't be able to go to this new continent my mission is already set on this one (we finally named the continent, Lamera, it's named after Stanford Lamera the guy that sent the first probe to the Far, Far Range).

And yes I still have my suboceanic base, Dr. Angelo is currently there.

Please call me Murphy or Coneire, it's easier to ready and write.

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 pm

It is very sad that you can't come but oh well slime science must go on! After reading your sad news I set off to the frozen wonderland. I'm still on the journey to the content but I should let you know that every time from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM a blizzard comes and knocks off all communication so until it leaves I can't send starmail. For the time being how is your research going? Also one last thing so I don't bore to death could you send some blank slimes for me to test on? I had some ideas for how to make some new slimes. Thanks I can't wait to chat later but I for now I have to steer the submarine so aideos amigos!

From Dr. Turtle
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby joshbob121 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:34 pm

(is this forum dead? plz say no)
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:12 pm

joshbob121 wrote:It is very sad that you can't come but oh well slime science must go on! After reading your sad news I set off to the frozen wonderland. I'm still on the journey to the content but I should let you know that every time from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM a blizzard comes and knocks off all communication so until it leaves I can't send starmail. For the time being how is your research going? Also one last thing so I don't bore to death could you send some blank slimes for me to test on? I had some ideas for how to make some new slimes. Thanks I can't wait to chat later but I for now I have to steer the submarine so aideos amigos!

From Dr. Turtle
I will send then right now...... Sent!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 pm

joshbob121 wrote:(is this forum dead? plz say no)
Currently you and I are the only active members but I don't think it's dead

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:40 pm

LAB LOG 0011

I have made a curious finding; Also, it's me, hi. The other day I was walking along, when I stepped on something metal. When I uncovered the strange object, it turned out to be a sort of capsule. It contained blueprints to a strange, prototype device, which was half built, and acted as a sort of corral upgrade. I had a couple of quantums sitting in a corral, so curious on the effects on slimes, I set up the building process. There was no record to exactly the effects, so I just attempted to continue building it.

After a short period of time (and lots of resources) I finished the corral upgrade, and with activating it, my quantum slimes did something unimaginable!

My slimes... shrunk!
Curious to study more, I fed them, and humorously, they somehow produced larger plorts then themselves. I will study this phenomenon further. It seemingly doesn't affect humans, as when I attempted entry, I didn't shrink extremely small.

Here's an image of the shrunken fruits, by the way.

(credit to @veesus mikel heir#9746 on the Slime Rancher discord for creating the mod)
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:12 am

Thank you for the blank slimes Coneire I've already made a safe environment for them and for testing. I've finally made to the land and besides the blizzards it looks soooo beautiful. you wouldn't believe the sunsets they have here. I haven't found any slimes yet but have made a turbine jet to prepellel you throw the slime sea (in the non toxic water) for the vetpack. so I would like you to test my design. I will send it as soon as I'm done typing. also Dr. Angelo (I think) please tell me more of this blueprint. if used correctly we could gain twice the slimes and twice the food. also sorry for this but are the sketches done? I really want to see them. thanks again! :)

Dr.turtle

TRANSMITTING>... TRANSMITTING COMPLETE.
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby Lionmeow » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pm

LAB LOG 0012

Dr. Turtle wrote:also Dr. Angelo (I think) please tell me more of this blueprint. if used correctly we
could gain twice the slimes and twice the food.

Pretty close, however my name isn't quite Dr. Angelo. You can just call me Dr. Leo (or Leo Leoleo if you want to be less formal but still formal?).

The blueprint after investigation is quite simple. There's a scanner that scans special signals eminating from all matter all down to the atoms to find what to shrink, then simply takes out a bunch, fills in-
oh, what the heck? I'll just send the blueprint's code so if you put it in your printer it'll print it out.

And for the query of duplicating slimes... well this probably isn't what you're looking for, but similar most likely.

I was messing around experimenting with it, but suddenly they grew! That's when I discovered the size variable. Nice.

Again, the fruit also grew.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:32 am

I have so much to say in such little time where to start!!! so number 1: it all started when my drones accidentally dropped a rock port in my crater slime coral so a slime I have so much to say in such little time where to start!!! so number 1: it all started when my drones accidentally dropped a rock plort in my crater slime coral so a slime ate the plort and became a largo. I was about to get rid of it when I realized two things. I have made the first un-pure gordo by taking the DNA of a real gordo slimes ability to store food and and putting it into the largo after I used the blueprints you sent me on it making a un-pure gordo. I am going to send you 65% of the newbucks made on this discovery. and number 2: I have been exploring the content (please help me name it I can't stand calling it "the content") and found 5 slime 8 possible slimes still counting. Leo could you help me with something quickly? my ranch is on an island a bit south of the far far range and I'll send the location after I'm done typing but could you go there and be sure that my slimes are well fed? thanks see you soon :)

From Dr.Turtle

(P.S I will send sketches of the slimes)

PRINTING> PRINTING COMPLETE
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:08 am

I'm going to take a break from the slime lab log, I hope you guys are ok with it.
Keep researching

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:29 pm

slime cone come back
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:10 pm

Um,a lot happened while I was away.

Coolio, I'm just gonna keep on being away
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby tabstabby1066 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:47 am

DAY 6

...Hey, where'd the tabbies go while i was away? Hopefully they didn't fall into the slime sea...Oh. Maybe they did. Welp, guess i'm gonna go look for more tabbies..

Transmission end.
Look down here, I have returned after a long 'break'.
tabstabby1066
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:12 pm

>Log Begin

...Does it work? Oh, it does.
If there's a name that's been forgotten to time, it's Doctor Jason. That's me.
Hello. Long time no see, world of science.
One heck of an abrupt leave, and an abrupt return, no?
Hoo boy.

>Log end
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby joshbob121 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:42 pm

guys I have made contact with a slime from the arctic content (I've decided to call it "The cold cold range"). most slimes are impossible to see with out heat vision but I made some goggles to see the heat rays and I didn't see any thing near may bace but while I was looking I found a sort of snow slime. I put him in my coral but melted in to a puddle slime ): so I made a freezeing upgrade in the coral and now I have a snow slime! ( sorry for being away I had to study the slime). I have to go now but tell me your discoveries soon. bye!
joshbob121
Rancher

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 pm

LOG 0013

I've been working on modifying traits of hens and such during this quite long break. I've modified the chicken cloner to expel hens with modified traits. It's a lot more complicated than it sounds. Anyway, it was successful, and I've made hens take flight!

It's been a while, but stuff has been continuing.

(thanks to myself for modding the game and making hens take flight)
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Creative