Puddle Slime Issue

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Puddle Slime Issue

Postby Enthusiac » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:30 pm

(I had deleted my thread by accident. Anyhow, I saw the thread created by Heather, however it seems that it was dated at an older time and a bit different from the current one I'm making now. Hopefully I didn't overlook something and make a duplicate.)

For Update 0.2.4b

Recently, I had decided to go for an all Puddle Slime ranch.

I love the little guys, they're super chill and don't attempt to kill me :D

But recently, I've been encountering a bit of a reoccuring bug. (Assuming it is one)

What happens is that, I step into the Pond to collect Puddle Plorts with a full inventory, so I don't end up sucking the slimes into my Vacpack. To further ensure this, I also like to point directly down for it usually helps make my accuracy better, hovering directly over the Plorts.

Then, if I do accidentally attract one of my Puddle Slimes to it, it'll just disappear. It only seems to happen if you suck them up while your Vacpack is full. When it happens, it'll temporarily make it look like you're on top of the slime, since I would be pointing downwards towards my feet, then poof away.

I've tried to test this by replicating this several times, however. Seems like it doesn't trigger all the time, but it's more likely to trigger if there's 5+ Plorts in the Pond at the same time. Despite this, it's still a little annoying because I have lost 10+ Puddle Slimes due to this. (When am I ever going to learn my lesson?)

I've even tried to scour my entire ranch in case they just launched themselves somewhere. Nowhere to be found.

The area in which I'm keeping them in would be in the main area, not in one of the ranch expansions.

I wonder what happened to the Puddle Slimes? Am I pretty much making them phase through the floor? Glitch into oblivion?
Bleh.
Enthusiac
Chickadoo

Location: Joyfully frolicking with several other Tarr in a circle

Re: Puddle Slime Issue

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I haven't had this happen before.
Has anyone else experienced this?

When it happens, it'll temporarily make it look like you're on top of the slime, since I would be pointing downwards towards my feet, then poof away.

Enthusiac, is this something you would be able to get a screenshot of for us?
Heather
Admin

Postby Enthusiac » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Heather wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I haven't had this happen before.
Has anyone else experienced this?

When it happens, it'll temporarily make it look like you're on top of the slime, since I would be pointing downwards towards my feet, then poof away.

Enthusiac, is this something you would be able to get a screenshot of for us?

Not really... It pretty much happens for like a split second.
Bleh.
Enthusiac
Chickadoo

Postby Heather » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Right after this happens next time, can you please hit F2 in game and submit the report along with a brief description? Thank you!
Heather
Admin

Postby Enthusiac » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Heather wrote:Right after this happens next time, can you please hit F2 in game and submit the report along with a brief description? Thank you!

I will, I mostly wanted to post this thread to see your opinion on it and if anyone else had experienced this.
Bleh.
Enthusiac
Chickadoo

Return to Technical Support