Viktor's Experimental Update Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Viktor's Experimental Update Discussion Thread

Postby Kara » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 am

Viktor's Experimental Update is now live on PC!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10059

Please use this thread to discuss and offer feedback.

NOTE: Should you encounter any issues with v1.4.0, please email support@monomipark.com!
Kara
Developer

Re: Viktor's Experimental Update Discussion Thread

Postby Kazooo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 am

When will the update be out on humble bundle? I really want to play it.

Edit: It's out now.
Last edited by Kazooo on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazooo
Plort

Postby scjkl2002 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:55 pm

Do you know when the update will be live on XBOX One?
scjkl2002
Plort

Postby dylanwoods777 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm

scjkl2002 wrote:Do you know when the update will be live on XBOX One?

According to Monomi Park Twitter, it could be around Friday, all depends on how quickly it is approved by PEGI, ESRB, Australian Government etc.

Here's the quote from Monomi Park's Twitter: "Our console updates typically happen on the Friday following the PC release, but it depends on how quick the certification process is :) "
dylanwoods777
Plort

Postby JadeN » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:21 pm

After finishing the newest update for slime rancher-
My only thoughts on this update is on the length of time that it adds to my play through. Compared to the Ogden's Wild and Mochi's Megabucks updates the latest expansion feels a lot shorter.
The 3 tiers of collections for the Glitch Slime don't take as long and in my opinion and were a lot easier than collecting the Kookadoba fruits or the Quicksilver slime plorts. The things that made the Kookadoba fruits interesting to collect were the fact that you had to learn the surroundings to know where possible exits and fruit spawn spots were, the balls with the fruits inside were cool to see and were very balanced compared to the number of fruit you could find in a short manner of time. The Quicksilver slime plorts were interesting because of the new race feature, in my opinion the race was super fun and the use of the green rings to add time and the ability shots made it fun to learn and see how many plorts you could get in one race, although it took a while because of the time portion. With the new update you get to meet Viktor Humphries, which is basically the same concept behind all the updates that involve people from the range request tab, although repetitive the new missions are still fun to play and learn about other people. Viktor's quest is that you go into his simulation and capture glitch slimes that are hiding as objects such as rocks, decorations, fruit trees, slimes, and largos. You must venture through the simulation and use your sense of observation to find and capture as many glitch slimes as possible before the simulation begins to break down. This is great and all but in my play through the area that is the simulation of the Moss Blanket houses many fake decorations consistently and it is very easy to get 150 glitch slimes before a single tarr spawns in the simulation. It took me 7 trips total to the simulation to finish the entire quest line seeing that the final one only requires 600 to complete. I just felt like this update was shorter than the rest although the addition of the quantum lemon tree in Viktor's Lab is fantastic for people who hate to travel over to the quantum area. I feel that with only 4 plots though it definitely wont see much use from me being that that Ogden's Retreat has 6 full plots and with the addition of the Advanced drones it will be even better.
JadeN
Plort

viktor is drinking all my water :(

Postby shadycactus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:21 pm

the simulation is super fun, but whenever i leave it my water tank is empty. not the end of the world, but it would be nice to keep my water, since having to refill it every time is a bit of a pain lol
shadycactus
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:35 pm

we could really use a way to dispose of unwanted slimes in the workshop. small area behind a one-way wall like corral walls somewhere in the workshop that we can shoot unwanted slimes into and eject into the slime sea would be cool. cuz currently the only way to get rid of largos from the workshop is by tarr or by incineration. i don't personally like either of those options myself, but i'd imagine younger players would like them even less. also, coal bricks are literally impossible to get rid of in the workshop.

also, being able to see slimes traveling through the slime sea would be amazing. it just looks dead outside the windows and feels like a waste of a really cool asset.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Burningskull » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:29 am

I play on the PS4 version. The Victor update is somewhat unplayable. I can get access and go into the slimulation. However once in anything that is "glitchy" has a extremely reflective Square around it. This includes the debug spray when it hits something. Glitch slimes / largos when they hit me or something else, and the huge portals the Glitch Tarrs come out of. Ones the portals start appearing it's EXTREMELY hard to see where to go to get out of the slimulation.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Postby Burningskull » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:48 am

Started a new game. Also getting this reflective square when I shot a fruit into a Phase Lemon Tree to get a Lemon.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:07 am

I just unlocked the lab on my primary game, and got to Victor on the secondary. I really like the Bait and portable items. The decorations are also really good. I think these new tech based decorations work much better on the ranch than a random giant tree.

The Slimeulations is actually a fun scenario. It has more of a draw than the Nimble Valley. Mochi's area is good if you need money, but my main game has 2.5M in the bank, and my secondary has well over 1M. The Slimeulations keeps pulling you back in if you want to make more decorations and/or utilities.

Also.... OK, everyone take a breath, chillax, and... well, make room for EmeraldPlay to run through shouting "Noooo!!!". ;-)

If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer.

After unlocking the lab, it's larger than expected. The phase lemon tree is a good choice for Viktor. Also, honestly, I think Viktor's lab is a great place for all the decorative trees and shrubs I've made, but only crafted to unlock the Treasure Crackers. Viktor's area really works as an "artificial greenhouse" or biodome. I have trees everywhere.

I haven't build anything on the farming spaces, though, because... I don't really need it? My primary game has one empty spot on the main ranch, and my secondary game is better optimized and has two empty slots. Ogden's area is for farming, while Mochi's area is a chicken preserve and water slime park. (The thought of an expensive manor surrounded by a sea of chickens makes me giggle.) I've actually reduced the number of slimes on my farm to reduce the need for food. I think the game is now at the point where we really don't need more farming space until there is more to farm. I will probably end up using the lab for more ponds and a pogo tree (which I don't actually grow). And it will be fun to infest it with chickens.

I do agree that a "jettison" port would be good, to dispose of things, as PrismSlime said.

With the Decorizer, it's amazing. My game runs better. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I never wanted to miss ornaments, and now I don't have a small "ornament sea" corner in each of my farms.

I would ask that the coverage zones be expanded a bit. The first bend between Ogden's portal and the main ranch is not covered, and the outer half of the entry hall at the main gate is not covered. It would be nice if the main decorizer would cover these.

Also, a portable decorizer deposit-only tool would be amazingly helpful.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:02 am

Still stuck with a single-digit FPS even in completely empty areas.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby Skirakzalus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm

I really like this update, especially since I can go into the slimeulations at any point I want instead of having to wait for a cooldown or for the fruits to respawn. Though the manifold cubes have a bit of a weird description that makes them sound like you could turn them into any resource. That'd likely be pretty op and I think it'd be better to change the wording so it doesn't suggest that anymore.

The slimeulations are really interesting, it's a nice optic for the game and the areas are connected in an interesting way. Especially like when the thing starts glitching out.
Though I wish that would have gone further to the point where you really need to run for the exit as the world gets eaten up. Tried to stay in as long as possible to see how bad it gets but from what I saw it didn't get worse than in my regular runs.
Would have been nice if your vac pack was swapped out like in Mochi's area. The lockers for your stacks aren't a bad solution, but I'd rather not use them for a large amount of items. Guess the problem is that this activity rewards items you need to pick up.
Skirakzalus
Plort

Postby Soapstone82 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:33 pm

Is the gog and ps4 versions current with this update as well?
Soapstone82
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Soapstone82 wrote:Is the gog and ps4 versions current with this update as well?

Should be, although gog i think lacks the ability to buy secret style.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion