multiplayer

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

multiplayer

Postby kaileh » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Reply with YES to this topic if you fell we need multiplayer!
kaileh
Plort

Re: multiplayer

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Would direct you to the official response on the subject pinned on the steam forums.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:58 am

Where's EmeraldPlay?
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:46 am

Sorry, but the devs have stated that they don't think they will be doing multiplayer anytime soon, as it's a big project and requires too much time and energy for the time being.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:33 am

no
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Re:

Postby Noggy05 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:no

Never mind guys i found EmeraldPlay
Lionmeow made my avatar!

I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 am

Lol
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby dylanwoods777 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 am

Honestly, as cool as multiplayer sounds, it would tarnish the experience. Just imagine how easy it would be to manage and maintain a Ranch with two or more players, it takes the fun out of it if you ask me. Slime Rancher is a game about starting up, developing and growing a Ranch as Beatrix LeBeau, not Beatrix and co. The game appears to be built with only single player in mind, adding multiplayer, while a cool concept on paper, may do more harm than good, it strips away the wonderful single player experience in favour of a multiplayer experience, while good and fun, may become tiring and boring to some, they may only play Slime Rancher if their friends are playing, while with a single player game, it all depends if you wish to play it.
dylanwoods777
Plort

Postby SlimeCone99 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:24 am

dylanwoods777 wrote:Honestly, as cool as multiplayer sounds, it would tarnish the experience. Just imagine how easy it would be to manage and maintain a Ranch with two or more players, it takes the fun out of it if you ask me. Slime Rancher is a game about starting up, developing and growing a Ranch as Beatrix LeBeau, not Beatrix and co. The game appears to be built with only single player in mind, adding multiplayer, while a cool concept on paper, may do more harm than good, it strips away the wonderful single player experience in favour of a multiplayer experience, while good and fun, may become tiring and boring to some, they may only play Slime Rancher if their friends are playing, while with a single player game, it all depends if you wish to play it.
True

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Perhaps a multiplayer experience could exclude the ranch expansions (but be able to access NPC areas)? But then again there would be no reliable source of income.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:19 pm

If there was a Multiplayer it shouldn't be the current style of play

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:13 pm

As I said in the Viktor's Lab discussion thread: "If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer."

I think in that specific environment, multiplayer would be a lot of fun.

But as for the main game, I agree, no.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:26 am

akkamaddi wrote:As I said in the Viktor's Lab discussion thread: "If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer."

Yes!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:42 am

akkamaddi wrote:As I said in the Viktor's Lab discussion thread: "If we ever get a multiplayer environment, I think the chaotic, deteriorating, time-limited and totally separated form your farm environment of the Slimeulation for a fun, non story based free-for-all of explosions and throwing Tarr at each other would be a perfect model. While I completely agree with solitude being a major story element in the game, and I've never even played Minecraft multiplayer let alone a game like this, I also think the Slimeulations would be a blast as multiplayer."

I once suggested this.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Return to General Discussion