PLEASE FIX MY DRONES

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

PLEASE FIX MY DRONES

Postby wathechilli » Wed May 29, 2019 2:47 am

Hey could you pretty please make it possible for drones to pick up and distribute items to/from warp depots. This would make it possible for me to fully automate my ranch. Thanks heaps, absolutely love the game!! - Wathechilli
wathechilli
Plort

Re: PLEASE FIX MY DRONES

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed May 29, 2019 5:21 am

wathechilli wrote:Hey could you pretty please make it possible for drones to pick up and distribute items to/from warp depots. This would make it possible for me to fully automate my ranch. Thanks heaps, absolutely love the game!! - Wathechilli

While i agree this should happen, there are a number of things that complicate this process a bit, namely the catch up code. This on its own has a number of issues interacting with things as they are now, with warp depots this doesnt help at all with those issues. Another is also the catch up code, but focused more on the reason it exists and what this means for warp depots and drones (basically only time you could actually make proper use of this is if you either load the cells in the right order, or have both ends loaded at once, requiring both to be in the same cell.

Summed up, while it is something that i can agree should be a thing, there is a bunch that should be rewritten in the code before that becomes actually pheasible to function properly.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion