Drone Ideas!

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Drone Ideas!

Postby LucianAnimations » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:28 pm

So, I realized, drones can’t send items through a warp depot so another drone can pick them up and send them somewhere else, like a silo in another expansion, it would make the experience a lot better in my opinion because I have a farm in a different expansion, and have no space to store it near those slimes.
LucianAnimations
Plort

Re: Drone Ideas!

Postby GravityCat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:13 pm

The problem might be because sections of the game unload when you're away from them, including ranch expansions. This is why the game utilises a catchup feature which tracks some progress for extended time away from the ranch.

I mean it wouldn't be much fun if you're waiting on one end for resources from your drones which are set to deposit resources from the other end, but they're not coming through because the Drones are unloaded. I don't think it'll work as well as you're hoping.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:28 am

GravityCat wrote:The problem might be because sections of the game unload when you're away from them, including ranch expansions. This is why the game utilizes a catchup feature which tracks some progress for extended time away from the ranch.

I mean it wouldn't be much fun if you're waiting on one end for resources from your drones which are set to deposit resources from the other end, but they're not coming through because the Drones are unloaded. I don't think it'll work as well as you're hoping.

Add on the fact that delay, if ran fast enough, could potentially duplicate items with the current catch up system, its a nice concept, but it needs some reworking of the catch-up system before anything with it could reliably be done.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby LucianAnimations » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks for telling me, that's really helpful!
LucianAnimations
Plort

Return to General Discussion