Save file format

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Save file format

Postby klayy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:53 am

Hello,

I've recently picked up this game and I love it. I'm a developer by profession but I do have numerous hobby projects I like to work on in my free time. I thought about writing software to parse save files, which would enable the community to be creative and create tools, like quick sharing ranch setups or tracking market prices. If I were to try and make sense of the data, it would take ages. Unsuprisingly, this post is aimed at the devs or anyone who has more information. I was wondering if the developers could provide more information on the format of the save file? Ideally, there would be a document detailing this, but I'd understand if it's company propert and hence, not public and might not even exist.

Thanks in advance!
klayy
Plort

Re: Save file format

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Well, there are a number of tools which already exist to do a number of those things. Might be worth trying to reach out to the developer of the market predictor (linked on the plort market page of the wiki).
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Technical Support