chugging through the ranch

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

chugging through the ranch

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 am

Now I'm not sure is from my save having over 2000 days on it, or maybe it doesn't like me stacking dozens of chimes, or maybe it has issues with me ticking the clock back every day just so I can get chimes for myself while still leaving a set in the wild for the slimes, but recently my game has been having huge lag spikes, sometimes lasting several minutes, on specific spots on my ranch. Usually going between areas, but also on certain points in the main area like on the front steps and several spots on the path to the lab. This seems to only affect the one save, but I have next to no slimes on my ranch and aside from my main area with all my crops, the only physic objects are the leftover slime toys I have in all my empty corrals. I'm willing to put up with it for now since I'm just popping in twice a day for chimes, but under normal circumstances this would be hugely frustrating to the point of not even wanting to play. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Re: chugging through the ranch

Postby SlimeKittyCollector » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:01 pm

This lagging is happening for me as well and just started with the Twinkle Slime addition on the Xbox One. My lag times last up to 6 minutes trying to go through the Twinkle Slime teleporter and accessing different areas of the ranch can take up to 2 minutes. I'm not adjusting my clock at all and it keeps happening. Making 4 trips through the temporary portal to collect chimes can take up to 30 minutes.

I moved the game from my external harddrive to the internal storage thinking that might help, but then the game wouldn't load at all, so I had to save it back to the external harddrive. I would love to know how to fix this since it's my favorite game.
SlimeKittyCollector
Plort

Postby aprilr41 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:35 pm

I'm thrilled I'm not alone with this problem. Since the Twinkle Slime update, my ranch has picked up some awful lag--just moving from one area of the ranch to another takes several minutes. The Twinkle Teleporter is a nightmare. I can go pour another cup of coffee waiting to get back to collect more chimes. Oddly, the lag doesn't happen returning to the ranch. I've tried rolling back my drivers, running the game in safe mode, dropping all the specs to medium and then to low, and nothing makes any difference to the lagging. I'd really appreciate any help with this, as it's currently sucking all the fun out of Wiggly Wonderland for me.
aprilr41
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:01 pm

while i'm glad to see i'm not alone with this with hopes of a fix being provided relatively quickly, i also need to fiddle with my email settings to not have notifications on replies not sent to my spam mail...
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:24 pm

i'd like to also add that it's now lagging through sleep as well.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:39 am

You might have to check if your computer is up to date on all the requirements to run the game well. My computer also lagged a lot and couldn't even run the game, and it was because I didn't have enough storage.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby PrismSlime » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:51 pm

i'm not even using 100 gigs of the 1000+ of space i have so that shouldn't be the issue.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby aprilr41 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:45 pm

My computer more than exceeds the game requirements, it's definitely not that. So Wiggly Wonderland has come and gone, but my game is still left with horrible lag just moving around the ranch. I can't even collect ports, it just drags on so long. Any help for this please, devs?
aprilr41
Plort

Postby mechaslimeMP » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 am

If your ranch is lagging since Wiggly Wonderland/Twinkle slime, make sure you're not stacking a bunch of echo notes on top of each other. If you are, it can cause the game to lag while you're moving around - the game is trying to figure out how to deal with so many objects in the same physical space.
mechaslimeMP
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Yup, just got that same solution last night from tech support. i didn't think that was an issue at the time cuz i had previously had 2500+ ornaments in 200 per stack and they didn't cause much lag. i just assumed chimes were close enough that they'd behave the same way, but apparently not.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby aprilr41 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:24 pm

That did it for me too. I really thought they were like the ornaments and stackable. Wow, what a difference in my game now that they're spread out. All is running smoothly again, thank you!
aprilr41
Plort

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:58 pm

Make sure you don't have chickens outside of coops on your ranch. I once had a bit of a chicken uprising which caused way too much lag.

By chicken uprising, by the way, I mean you couldn't see the ground there was so many chickens.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:48 pm

chickens have never been an issue even when i decided to completely empty my silo of them.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:13 pm

Make sure any other resources are also not everywhere.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 am

How is this post still alive?
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:28 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 am

Lionmeow wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
*gasp* It's all a conspiracy of the Illuminati!
/\
/ 0 \
------
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:55 pm

GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to Technical Support