A Slimetastic Feature (that isn't in the game)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

A Slimetastic Feature (that isn't in the game)

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:51 pm

So I long time ago I was thinking:

Wait... in the Slime Rancher's official page it says that you can create new slime types with Slime Science BUT that feature isn't in the game... Maybe you could create some type of machine that is very hard to make AND THEN you could get a slime and slightly customize it with other materials and make your own ORIGINAL SLIME :O (what a great idea) it will probably never happen... ._.
I like Slime Rancher... just that what did you expect

Avatar done by anapntes (thanks for that :D)
SlimeCone99
Keeper

Re: A Slimetastic Feature (that isn't in the game)

Postby Lionmeow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Where that does it say it. I need knowledge. Give me knowledge.

Okay but real though, I was thinking for the longest time "hey, wouldn't it be cool if you could use slime science to create slimes?" without even seeing that.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:57 pm

http://slimerancher.com/ Here is the link

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:02 pm

after reading it closer, I realized it was on said website. Thanks for the link anyway.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:03 pm

you're welcome

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Not the first time this has been suggested, and the only point I can bother to bring up here is the idea that by slime science it meant largos. Not sure if it had changed to add that when slime science got added or if it was always like that.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 am

It was always like that.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Seandkat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:22 am

But as a beginner you do create new slimes in a way by feeding the plorts to the slimes? Is that what they are referring to?
Seandkat
Plort

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:55 am

Seandkat wrote:But as a beginner you do create new slimes in a way by feeding the plorts to the slimes? Is that what they are referring to?
that would be correct.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby SlimeCone99 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
Seandkat wrote:But as a beginner you do create new slimes in a way by feeding the plorts to the slimes? Is that what they are referring to?
that would be correct.
But even before you unlock The Lab you can still make largos

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

SlimeCone99 wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:
that would be correct.
But even before you unlock The Lab you can still make largos

You say "but" as if that makes a case. You legit just stated what was said that was then called correct.

Essentially it comes out to this.
Is A correct?
It is.
But A.

If you meant to say it as largoing isn't slime science, then you would be ignoring the point made regarding the fact that that feature list has been unchanged since long before slime science with the lab was an actual thing.

A does not disprove A, and using it an an attempt to back defend point B, is to ignore point C which you are needing to defend from.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:21 am

With slime science, you can catch Gordos. As far as I know all the science tools just help make the game easier, but do not give you access to new things.

Anyway, along what the original poster was saying, perhaps with some new tech you can make synthetic plorts, and the plorts will give a Largo an "Aspect", but also have a set chance of making the largo a Tarr instead.

A Largo can only have one aspect. Giving a different synt plort will turn the largo into Tarr that immediately clones itself.

The aspect is a tiny floating icon over the Largo's forehead, and perhaps new eyes.

Synth Plorts are made with the Plorterizer. The player finds the recipe (this would be a GREAT way to make the Ranch Exchange useful!!), she can activate the recipe at any time, and shoot the ingredients into the Plorterizer. The Plorterizer takes one hour game time to work. Changing the recipe belches out any stored ingredients. Ingredients could be any resource, as well as slimes.

Synth Plort of the Pinkish Omnivore: This recipe comes with the Plorterizer, and requires a lot of pink slimes and pink plorts. A largo made Omnivore looses its favorite food, but will eat any fruit, veggie, or meat.

Synth Plort of the Munchies We Will NOT Ask About: Thora gives this, and DON'T ASK. The largo is perpetually hungry, and could really use some eye drops. A Largo with Munchies has a permanent reduction in agitation. The largo gets hungry in half the time. However, there is a 25% chance each time it eat that it does not produce a plort. Also, the distance at which it can sense free-range food is slightly reduced.

Synth Plort of the Pseudo Demi Feral: Just add a pinch of salt... and a few Sabre Plorts. The PD Feral Largos have a small but permanent increase in agitation, an at their hungriest will get Salty. They also start Salty after eating this Plort (like a Hunter Largo). The PD Ferals add meat to their diet. If the base Largo already ate meat (includes any Pink or Sabre Largo), they get Hen Hen as a favorite food.

Synth Plort of the Healthy Vegan: Contains Kookadoba and Spicy Tofu. A Vegan Largo has a small permanent reduction in agitation. A Vegan Largo has its diet shifted. It will eat any Fruit or Veggie, but no meat. It will eat Kookadoba, and its favorite food is change to Spicy Tofu.

Synth Plort of the Collector Nerd: Nerd Largos love their toys, and get really grouchy without them. They have a significant permanent boost to agitation. However, the agitation reduction from any Slime Science is doubled (including a pen's music box). Surrounding these Largos with toys mellows them out and makes them happy. Also, when they eat, they have a 5% chance for each toy nearby (10% if the toy specifically affects that largo) of producing extra plorts. This chance is rolled once per toy, but only one time per kind of toy. This means that a pen packed full of one of each toy could make the largos produce large but randomly fluctuating numbers of plorts.

Would this be an idea closer to the original post?
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby SlimeCone99 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:10 am

akkamaddi wrote:With slime science, you can catch Gordos. As far as I know all the science tools just help make the game easier, but do not give you access to new things.

Anyway, along what the original poster was saying, perhaps with some new tech you can make synthetic plorts, and the plorts will give a Largo an "Aspect", but also have a set chance of making the largo a Tarr instead.

A Largo can only have one aspect. Giving a different synt plort will turn the largo into Tarr that immediately clones itself.

The aspect is a tiny floating icon over the Largo's forehead, and perhaps new eyes.

Synth Plorts are made with the Plorterizer. The player finds the recipe (this would be a GREAT way to make the Ranch Exchange useful!!), she can activate the recipe at any time, and shoot the ingredients into the Plorterizer. The Plorterizer takes one hour game time to work. Changing the recipe belches out any stored ingredients. Ingredients could be any resource, as well as slimes.

Synth Plort of the Pinkish Omnivore: This recipe comes with the Plorterizer, and requires a lot of pink slimes and pink plorts. A largo made Omnivore looses its favorite food, but will eat any fruit, veggie, or meat.

Synth Plort of the Munchies We Will NOT Ask About: Thora gives this, and DON'T ASK. The largo is perpetually hungry, and could really use some eye drops. A Largo with Munchies has a permanent reduction in agitation. The largo gets hungry in half the time. However, there is a 25% chance each time it eat that it does not produce a plort. Also, the distance at which it can sense free-range food is slightly reduced.

Synth Plort of the Pseudo Demi Feral: Just add a pinch of salt... and a few Sabre Plorts. The PD Feral Largos have a small but permanent increase in agitation, an at their hungriest will get Salty. They also start Salty after eating this Plort (like a Hunter Largo). The PD Ferals add meat to their diet. If the base Largo already ate meat (includes any Pink or Sabre Largo), they get Hen Hen as a favorite food.

Synth Plort of the Healthy Vegan: Contains Kookadoba and Spicy Tofu. A Vegan Largo has a small permanent reduction in agitation. A Vegan Largo has its diet shifted. It will eat any Fruit or Veggie, but no meat. It will eat Kookadoba, and its favorite food is change to Spicy Tofu.

Synth Plort of the Collector Nerd: Nerd Largos love their toys, and get really grouchy without them. They have a significant permanent boost to agitation. However, the agitation reduction from any Slime Science is doubled (including a pen's music box). Surrounding these Largos with toys mellows them out and makes them happy. Also, when they eat, they have a 5% chance for each toy nearby (10% if the toy specifically affects that largo) of producing extra plorts. This chance is rolled once per toy, but only one time per kind of toy. This means that a pen packed full of one of each toy could make the largos produce large but randomly fluctuating numbers of plorts.

Would this be an idea closer to the original post?
This idea is even better then mine!

SlimeCone99
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Honestly that kind of feature could be interesting while that precise example needs serious balancing.

Still ignores the fact that the feature described on the website refers to largos...
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion