Idea for Beatrix Upgrade

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Idea for Beatrix Upgrade

Postby Burningskull » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:32 am

I think it would be cool to have a vacpack upgrade or a 7z upgrade that gives Beatrix more resistance to radiation. It could even change her outfit when you see her in her home, and maybe even her gloves a little.

Isn't really needed, I just think it would be cool.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Re: Idea for Beatrix Upgrade

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Rad slimes aren't that dangerous anyway, unless you happen to have a lot of them in a single corral.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Or you have a lot of tarr / saber rads attacking you.

The graphics could be really cool, though. Have a 75% translucent (25% opacity) overlay based on an old 1950's TV tuning image with the a countdown, and a cartoon slime going from cute to afraid.

I think the only time it would be useful would be if there is a new area where you have to place rad largos so their radiation can erode obstacles, or otherwise have forced exposure. Otherwise, I've only had exposure hit 100% a few times.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby Burningskull » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Rad slimes aren't that dangerous anyway, unless you happen to have a lot of them in a single corral.

I mainly just wanted to be able to change Beatrix's costume. I thought it would be a nice addition to the game.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:36 am

Do we really need skins in SR?
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Randomtangle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:35 am

at least fashion pods for Bea.
Imagine a handlebar Bea.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 am

Noggy05 wrote:Do we really need skins in SR?

Disregard this post
Lionmeow made my avatar!

I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Idea for Beatrix Upgrade

Postby Zeterurl » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:40 am

If we need more admins for the servers i would love to be it for the EU server.

and great idea
Zeterurl
Chickadoo

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Zeterurl wrote:If we need more admins for the servers i would love to be it for the EU server

FRIeND. Are you quite alright? Many of the posts that you've made aren't making any sense to me.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Noggy05 wrote:
Zeterurl wrote:If we need more admins for the servers i would love to be it for the EU server

FRIeND. Are you quite alright? Many of the posts that you've made aren't making any sense to me.

It's a spambot.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:22 pm

You think? Because I can recall one or two posts where it actually made sense.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:59 am

Noggy05 wrote:You think? Because I can recall one or two posts where it actually made sense.

About 3 not in offtopic
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby PrismSlime » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:42 am

considering rad slimes produce enough radiation to produce an visible aura and Bea doesn't seem to be wearing any protective clothing, i think she's already incredibly resistant. she can even just walk it off with no health issues.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 am

PrismSlime wrote:considering rad slimes produce enough radiation to produce an visible aura and Bea doesn't seem to be wearing any protective clothing, i think she's already incredibly resistant. she can even just walk it off with no health issues.

may I note light bulbs technically do the same thing? Radiation means nothing regarding the danger on its own, this entire thread builds upon the dangers of radiation yet the term radiation is quite broad in that regard. Out phones, microwaves, light bulbs, own bodies, the sun and other sources expose us to radiation daily, and some of it is harmful to us while others not so much.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 pm

To add onto what Purplecharmanderz said, our bodies actually VISIBLY glow. Not very much, but that definitely counts as a visible aura.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Burningskull » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:44 pm

There wasn't really a need for the radiation suit. It was just an idea to could give the developers a reason to add skins for Beatrix beyond the idea of "just adding skins". Granted you would only be able to see the skin when inside the house unless they also affect your vac gun. Of course if they affect your vac gun they then have to work in all the chromos you currently have. And maybe it's unreasonable to make skins for something you only see in one area of the game anyway.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Burningskull wrote:There wasn't really a need for the radiation suit. It was just an idea to could give the developers a reason to add skins for Beatrix beyond the idea of "just adding skins". Granted you would only be able to see the skin when inside the house unless they also affect your vac gun. Of course if they affect your vac gun they then have to work in all the chromos you currently have. And maybe it's unreasonable to make skins for something you only see in one area of the game anyway.

Fair enough point.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to General Discussion