New Slimes, New Area, New Ideas

Share your original Slimepedia entries

New Slimes, New Area, New Ideas

Postby SuspiciousMuffins » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Brand new here. I had some ideas for Slime Rancher that I really wanted to share in hopes of them reaching the Devs. Might be kind of silly but I think anyone who loves Slime Rancher as much as I do would enjoy these ideas. I drew my own images for the slimes I talk about and I apologize for the bad quality.

My first idea is a new upgrade for the corrals. Every time I include a Quantum slime on my ranch I have issues keeping it in its corral. I try my best to feed them regularly and make sure they have a toy but they can get really rambunctious really fast. There are plenty of great ways to help with this, feeding them, the puzzle cube, and splashing them with water but I noticed its a bit of a hassle to keep splashing them with water. I've noticed the same inconvenience when dealing with Crystal and Rad slimes. To combat this issue, I think that a sprinkler system upgrade should be included in a corral upgrade. It would be the same price as a Solar Shield since it is an upgrade that better accommodates the special needs of a particular slime, or slimes. This sprinkler system would periodically, like the Auto Feeder or Plort Collector, splash slimes with some water to calm them down. This would mostly be used for Quantum slimes but could be used for Crystal and Rad slimes to make them easier to deal with. It could also be helpful to keep Boom slimes from exploding all the time and make the pollen produced by the Tangle slimes to go away and ease slime sneezing. I think it would be a helpful addition to the corral upgrades and I would definitely get some use out of it. It could be filled with water that the rancher collects but I think Drone's could also be programmed to collect water from ponds, or the Docks, to put into the sprinkler system if the water source is in the same ranch expansion as them.

My second idea is for a new area like The Wilds and Nimble Valley. Since Thora West seems to have the aesthetic of an Earth cow rancher I thought she should have her own retreat in a new land as well. Thora West would have a retreat in a land called Western Rodeo (Can be renamed). The point of going there would be to help Thora get plorts from a new slime known as Moo Slimes. Moo slimes are white with black splotches like cows have. They have horns, which can be dangerous to a rancher like the crown of spikes on a Rock or Crystal slime. They also have a long cow tail and will occasionally make mooing sounds. They only eat veggies and their favorite food would be carrots, because why not? These Moo slimes would produce Moo plorts which can be used as a healthy milk substitute and baby formula for humans and animals. Since milk and honey go well together, Moo plorts would be about the same price as Honey plorts in the Plort Market. The rewards for collecting a certain amount of Moo plorts for Thora would lead up to being given access to her retreat and the plots that come with it. A good slime toy for a Moo slime would be a cowbell.
WIN_20181201_15_42_44_Pro.jpg
Moo Slime
WIN_20181201_15_42_44_Pro.jpg (125.12 KiB) Viewed 3174 times

My third idea is the creation of two new slimes. I love the Tabby and Hunter slimes just about as much as I love cats, which is a lot. But I also love dogs and would love to see dog slimes in Slime Rancher so I came up with my own. They are called Ruff and Wolf slimes. The Ruff slime is a friendly pupper with a wagging tail. Ruff slimes are brown with white markings on their face and the tip of their tail. Ruff slimes bark (and whine occasionally) and can be a bit of a hassle due to wanting to chase the Tabby and Hunter slimes around. They cannot be turned into a largo with a Tabby or Hunter plort. They are omnivorous but their favorite food it any kind of meat. Their favorite slime toy would be a squeaky tennis ball. Ruff plorts are used to make healthy dog treats and dog food for mans best friend on earth. Wolf slimes are the wild cousin of Ruff slimes much like how Hunter slimes are the wild cousin of Tabby slimes. Wolf slimes are all black with furry ears and tail. They also have gold eyes. Their diet consists only of meat but they favor Roostros and Briar Hens. They occasionally bark, but not often. However, when very hungry they will begin to howl to tell you they're hungry. They also do this at night. Like the Ruff slime, they are also prone to chasing Tabby or Hunter slimes and can not be made into a largo with plorts of those two. Ruff slimes would be pretty common like Tabby slimes so their plorts would be the same price in the Plort Market. Wolf slimes would prefer the Moss Blanket and be elusive like the Hunter slimes so their plorts would be the same price in the Plort Market. Wolf slimes will also be feral when made into a largo just like Hunter slimes. They enjoy a chew bone slime toy. Wolf plorts are used to help people focus better but also allows people to be able to relax so they can think more clearly.
WIN_20181201_16_21_36_Pro.jpg
Ruff Slime
WIN_20181201_16_21_36_Pro.jpg (125.2 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
WIN_20181201_16_54_25_Pro.jpg
Wolf Slime
WIN_20181201_16_54_25_Pro.jpg (137.73 KiB) Viewed 3174 times

Well, those are my ideas. I would love to see them implemented but obviously I don't expect it to happen. If you managed to read all of that then I congratulate you. As a writer I tend to be a bit overly detailed sometimes lol.
Last edited by SuspiciousMuffins on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*Never Let Life Kill Your Spark*
SuspiciousMuffins
Plort

Re: New Slimes, New Area, New Ideas

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 pm

It feels like sprinklers would make it a bit too easy, especially if they're going to work on Tarr.

As for the slime ideas, they don't seem to be very unique. They're all based on animals and have very little original traits. The moo slimes especially are just reskinned rock slimes but better.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby SuspiciousMuffins » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:17 pm

I didn't really intend for them to be super original. I just thought it would be cute.
*Never Let Life Kill Your Spark*
SuspiciousMuffins
Plort

Postby lbyrne2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:35 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:It feels like sprinklers would make it a bit too easy, especially if they're going to work on Tarr.

As for the slime ideas, they don't seem to be very unique. They're all based on animals and have very little original traits. The moo slimes especially are just reskinned rock slimes but better.

Id have to agree with the end, but I just dont even try with the quantum slimes
Stephen Hawking wrote: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

███▓▒░░.I dislike the 255 character limit.░░▒▓███
lbyrne2
Rancher

Return to Slime Design