Original Public Prototype Download?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Original Public Prototype Download?

Postby Unknown » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:45 pm

I didn't know about Slime Rancher before about halfway through the early access. I've looked everywhere to find a download to the prototype, but I've had no luck. Will there ever be an official download link again to said prototype? I kind of want to see what it was myself.
I'm in a cave
I'm waiting the Tarrpocolypse out. This is boring.
I can't seem to absorb this tabby slime...
Wonder when the Far Far Range will end. Guess I'll never know. Actually, I might figure it out with that Tarrpocolypse outside.
Unknown
Plort

Re: Original Public Prototype Download?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Doesn't seem likely. I've already tried to ask the devs about it and they aren't answering. The closest we can get to this is with restoring prototype features in the oldest versions available (if you're interested in that, click the link in my signature).
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GravityCat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:21 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Doesn't seem likely. I've already tried to ask the devs about it and they aren't answering.

The more I think about it, the more I believe this may be to avoid piracy. I guess I too would be reluctant to give out past versions of my game to anyone who asks, who can then potentially freely distribute copies of the game to others, some of which could then modify it and sell it off under a similar label. Being blanked may be just them being too polite to say no, or a personal preference to avoid contact with the community altogether. It's also entirely possible they no longer have those specific versions of the game.

It's a shame because we would've used it strictly for educational purposes and documentation, and it would've been quite cool to learn more about the development about the game in its very early stages. But my words mean nothing since I'm just a random on the internet, so I can understand the reluctance. Even the prototypes were distributed to a close-knit group so it was obviously a jealously guarded secret until Early Access.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 pm

In my opinion, they should make an experimental gamemode, where it is impossible to die or lose energy, you have access to everything and all versions of the game.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Return to General Discussion