Tarr transformation

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Tarr transformation

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:55 am

I thought of a way to minimize the presence of tarr if the player is near by. If the player shot a largo that was about to eat a stray plort with water, the slime will regurgitate the plort as if it was shot out of a vac-pack. If a largo eats a plort, it has 3 seconds to die and transform into a tarr, during this process, one can save the largo by shooting it with water. The plort flies safely out of the largo's mouth and on to the ground (or another largo).
rabbitslime
Rancher

Re: Tarr transformation

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 am

Saving largos shouldn't be a thing.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:12 am

What about your own largoes? Lets say you have some some corraled hunter-sabers. If you accidentally shoot the wrong plort into the corral when collecting a set amount of plorts, things can get messy. It might also be a crowd control so that the tarr never comes out in the first place, scaring lots of slimes in the process. The way slimes panic in the sight of a tarr is rediculous, they only get a few feet away. They should really panic and scatter, possibly leaving their area that they spawned in.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:19 am

It's supposed to be punishing.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:15 am

Prevention is better than cure.
Or in this case
Prevention is better than inevitable death of slimes
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby LoyalRancher128 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:49 pm

I get what your saying but there's no challenge of taking care of a ranch. There's a peaceful mode in game where Tarr are nonexistent. Honestly, without the Tarr keeping us players weary gives a better appreciation in maintaining slimes. It would be nice to save Largo from transforming but there has to be a sense of responsibility and caution when dealing or surrounded by Largo.There are some incidents where I accidentally gave Plort to my Largos and caused an infestation of Tarr. I go really upset by that but it was my fault for not paying attention and since then I'v been careful in handling plorts in my Vacpack. In a sense Tarr are important to have in game in order to have that feel of urgency.
LoyalRancher128
Chickadoo

Return to Creative