The Optimized Update Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

The Optimized Update Discussion Thread

Postby Kara » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:22 am

The Optimized Update is now live on PC!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9446

Please use this thread to discuss and offer feedback.

NOTE: Should you encounter any issues with v1.3.1, please email support@monomipark.com!
Kara
Developer

Re: The Optimized Update Discussion Thread

Postby GravityCat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Can we not spam up this thread? It's meant to discuss the update.

So far I've had no issues and I've noticed a huge improvement in overall performance. Whatever you did, it worked. I'm keen to try out Free Ranging on Drones.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Kara » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:07 pm

GravityCat wrote:Can we not spam up this thread? It's meant to discuss the update.

So far I've had no issues and I've noticed a huge improvement in overall performance. Whatever you did, it worked. I'm keen to try out Free Ranging on Drones.

Sweet! Def give Free Ranging a try :)
Kara
Developer

Postby BraveStarr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm

I saw the update but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Ironically I am redoing a video I'm making for my Youtube channel so the timing was perfect to add some of the changes to the video.

What does it mean that the Party Gordo schedule was updated?
BraveStarr
Chickadoo

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 am

it means that there's now party gordos in the code that will appear beyond the weekend of November 30th. which unfortunately means there's likely no wiggly wonderland event this year so i wont get my month of easier ornament farming. Also, my vacpack's shooting still pulls a bit to the right.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Schlicky » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 am

Nice - I'll look forward to seeing this on the Xbox One X... It's always so laggy down by the docks !
Schlicky
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:35 am

so i just found out the tarr have built a resistance to the oasis zones. also i'm not sure if this is intended, but the free-range selection for plort collection for drones seems to include ash trough and plot ponds?
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Kara » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:59 am

PrismSlime wrote:so i just found out the tarr have built a resistance to the oasis zones. also i'm not sure if this is intended, but the free-range selection for plort collection for drones seems to include ash trough and plot ponds?

We're investigating the Oasis issue and yes, that's as intended. The "Free Range" options includes absolutely everywhere and everything that's not in storage.
Kara
Developer

Postby PrismSlime » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:58 am

well that's one more thing covered at my docks then. still would like chicks in the item selection for optimal meat production, but maybe the chicken cloner will help enough with that.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Magebird » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Hello! This is a great update! I noticed the improvements as soon as I launched the game. :)

I noticed that my drones are firing towards the ground after lodging themselves in the area above the input area for the refinery. It’s still registering as getting the plorts they were carrying, so it seems like just an animation issue that isn’t affecting functionality. I didn’t have a chance to relaunch and see if it was just an incidental thing, but both my drones did it one after another so I thought I’d post a message. Sorry if this is already being addressed.

Thanks again for the lovely game, it’s been so much fun to play.
Magebird
Plort

Postby SplatterDash » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:51 am

I've been having the same problem as Magebird. The drone that I set up to head right to the refinery (since it's in the lab expansion) went above the refinery input when it went to it with plorts and fired at the ground, like this:
SplatterDash
Plort

Postby GravityCat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:10 pm

SplatterDash wrote:I've been having the same problem as Magebird. The drone that I set up to head right to the refinery (since it's in the lab expansion) went above the refinery input when it went to it with plorts and fired at the ground, like this:

I'm afraid the image is broken, lad.

But you two aren't the only ones that's reported this issue. I've seen a few others report this, and one showed it in an image that's identical to what you both described.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:53 am

can we have the party crates translucent when grabbed like normal crates? seems odd that they aren't.

PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby Kara » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Magebird wrote:Hello! This is a great update! I noticed the improvements as soon as I launched the game. :)

I noticed that my drones are firing towards the ground after lodging themselves in the area above the input area for the refinery. It’s still registering as getting the plorts they were carrying, so it seems like just an animation issue that isn’t affecting functionality. I didn’t have a chance to relaunch and see if it was just an incidental thing, but both my drones did it one after another so I thought I’d post a message. Sorry if this is already being addressed.

Thanks again for the lovely game, it’s been so much fun to play.

Happy to hear you noticed some improvements!! :)

We're aware of the drones doing gymnastics while delivering to the refinery and will likely have a fix for it in the next update. If you experience any issues outside of the awkward position while delivering please send a report to our support folks.
Kara
Developer

Postby akkamaddi » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:20 am

I did not know this was live when I started my game this morning.

I have two save games, and noticed that the lag going between farm sections with drones went from a jarring stutter to a quick blip. It was such an improvement that I came here to check if something updated.

Thank you for the improvement! :-)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby KatosTohbi » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Question: Are the drones supposed to go dormant after a while? I keep having to pick up, replace, and reprogram all of my drones every in game day or so. Is this some function to keep the player active, or is it a glitch?
KatosTohbi
Plort

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:24 pm

KatosTohbi wrote:Question: Are the drones supposed to go dormant after a while? I keep having to pick up, replace, and reprogram all of my drones every in game day or so. Is this some function to keep the player active, or is it a glitch?

You're supposed to water them every day for them to stay active.
Last edited by EmeraldPlay on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:56 am

Hey Kara! I like your profile pic! It makes you look always enthusiastic! All the profile pics make me think that people are in in the emotion. I'm very imaginative.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby SteamedBaker392 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:40 am

Map View - on my Xbox controller when I press right on D-pad, didn’t it used to show the map? Or am I losing my mind?
SteamedBaker392
Plort

Postby KatosTohbi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:54 pm

I had to reassign the button on my xbox
KatosTohbi
Plort

Postby Littlerogue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:03 pm

Xbox user here : i updated the game yesterday, and the game have never been so laggy ...

In pre 1.3 version i have drops near my ranch and about maybe 30 fps anywhere else (specialy on separated maps like glass desert or mochi's manor). I supposed it to be due to a full ranch space used with a lot of slime

Now it feels like i have a constant ~15fps everywhere, making the game a pain to play ... what have you done ? :-( it's really frustrating ...
Littlerogue
Plort

Postby Kara » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Randomtangle wrote:Hey Kara! I like your profile pic! It makes you look always enthusiastic! All the profile pics make me think that people are in in the emotion. I'm very imaginative.

<3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!
Kara
Developer

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:06 am

Is it just my imagination, or are the graphics improved a bit?

It seems like the graphics quality has been raised a bit. Also, it seems that color contrast has increased. Cracks in rocks are much more visible. The reflections of mountains in the ocean are also more visible and distinct.

I keep noticing details I hadn't noticed before. The overall color in some areas is a bit darker, but it seems the contrast is wider, the color richer, and the details a bit greater.

I like it. :-)
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby Calydor » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 pm

It's possible the optimization of the physics engine lets your graphics card handle more actual graphical details. Yes, the graphics card handles physics calculations, computers got weird.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Burningskull » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

I started 2 different ranches just experimenting with things sing the update and my game as started freezing some. Never use to do that before the update.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Next

Return to General Discussion