A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

Sea Slimes#1

Postby LoyalRancher128 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:45 pm

water4.png
Coral Slime and Ray Slime
water4.png (63.31 KiB) Viewed 7642 times
water2.png
Sand Slime
Can be found in the slippery rocks of the Sea Beach. Their pearls produce high concentration of salt that it's seem highly value in the market. Though finding one is very rare for the Sand Slime produce small qualities of them.
water2.png (26.33 KiB) Viewed 7642 times
water.png
Slapper Slime
Many ranchers avoid looking down at the Slime Sea for they might be greeted by the slap of a fishy tail. Slapper Slimes attack their prey by using their long tail to paralyze them. Mistaking Rancher's heads as a Slimes they attend to attack Rancher with a hostile strike. It's not deadly nor cause any dangerous injuries but will leave a stinking mark.
water.png (27.65 KiB) Viewed 7642 times
I always wonder what Slimes look like in the great Slime Sea? So I thought to create some of my own concept art of some Slimes under the sea. It would be more unique if the Sea Slime produce Pearls instead of Plorts. I hope you guys like. I'll definitely create more art concept in the future based on the sea. I
LoyalRancher128
Chickadoo

Re: Sea Slimes#1

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:40 am

Nice ideas, but slimes are not supposed to live in the slime sea like that.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby LoyalRancher128 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm

How come? It's possible some may be evolved to ocean life.
LoyalRancher128
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 pm

LoyalRancher128 wrote:How come? It's possible some may be evolved to ocean life.

Comes a bit from the lore seeing it as more of a "highway" or in some cases a danger zone for the health of an organism. I personally would want a underwater area, and having one underwater works fine, its just the slime sea to be exact isn't designed lore wise to be capable of said event.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby LoyalRancher128 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:09 pm

I see what you mean. I went through the Wikipedia and I understand fully how the concept may not work. Thank you for informing me about that. It's somewhat disappointed that having any form of sea Slime may not be possible.
LoyalRancher128
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm

LoyalRancher128 wrote:I see what you mean. I went through the Wikipedia and I understand fully how the concept may not work. Thank you for informing me about that. It's somewhat disappointed that having any form of sea Slime may not be possible.

Marine based is possible, but within the slime sea it isn't likely. The game has made a distinction between freshwater and the slime sea, mostly due to the slime concentration. Salt water isn't ruled out.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Lionmeow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Maybe it can be... um... the freshwater ocean?
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby LoyalRancher128 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 pm

What about underground? My boyfriend came up with this idea that there might some sort of deposit of fresh water deep underground where slime evolved to swim.
LoyalRancher128
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 am

LoyalRancher128 wrote:What about underground? My boyfriend came up with this idea that there might some sort of deposit of fresh water deep underground where slime evolved to swim.

Only difficulty I can see is needing a teleporter to work around the death barrier
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby gamer1o7 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:58 am

nice idea. similar to my "sunken temple" idea in which one of the slimes is my profile picture.
gamer1o7
Rancher

Return to Creative