Shimmering Skyline - Cosmic slimes and more

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Shimmering Skyline - Cosmic slimes and more

Postby Alectherancher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:01 pm

Slimes: Cosmic Slime Diet: Fruit Favourite: Space Blueberry
Entry: The cosmic slime is a common type of slime found in deep pits in the shimmering skyline. Curiously, it can't turn into any largo of slimes in the moss blanket, indigo quarry or the dry reef. It can pretend to look like other slimes in captivity to confuse the rancher into thinking there will be a tarr outbreak. It can double jump to escape, so make sure you have no quantum slimes or glass desert slimes if it is a largo.
Rancher Risks: The double jumping and camo can easily turn the ranch into tarr city. Keep them isolated at all costs.
Plortonomics:Their plorts are used back on earth to set up floating objects. It is mostly used to carry heavy things, but it also makes midair travel more easy and fun.(there are usually kids paths for fun)
Air slime: Diet: meat Favourite: Light Hen
The air slime is like a Dervish slime meets rad slime. It can float in the air and push slimes away with a concentrated blast of air. Unlike the Cosmic slime, it pretends to be food to bait the rancher, then strikes them with lightning. The aura around it is a field of energy draining, which is super annoying in the shimmering skyline, because you could be using your jetpack to get over a cliff, and then getting your energy drained, so you fall back to the glass desert. If you have no energy, the field will do lightning damage every second you are in the field.
Rancher Risks: Well, the light hen is super rare, so it will get agitated before you can say 'Plort'. Luckily, when agitated their effects are only boosted X1.5, and largo cosmos make it extremely easy to feed.
Plortonomics: Air plorts are used for holographic technology like a battery. You insert the plort and can then use the holographic tech the way you wanted.
Food: Gilded Ginger (Ultra rare) Space blueberry (rare) Pogofruit (super common) hen hen (super common)light hen(super rare) carrot(ultra common) and all glass desert foods.
Slime Science: all extractors give a unique resource to be used to create gadgets.
I spent a ton of time on this. Here is a bonus slime!
Triplet slime
Diet: veggie
Favourite: Glittering leek
The triplet slime is a type of slime which can be a largo twice. E.G. Triplet Cosmic Tangle largo.
It is Super rare, so get hunting, it is extremely overpowered.Luckily, the glittering leek is just normally rare, so feeding them isn't hard.
Rancher risks: the triplet slime is one of only three types of slime that go feral if not fed well, the others being hunter and saber. It also multiplies the other slime types' abilities X1.5. Be. Careful.
Plortonomics:the plorts are used for making easy to create silicon chips. Extremely useful for inventors.
Lots of slimes equals good times.This game is Plortastic !
Alectherancher
Plort

Re: Shimmering Skyline - Cosmic slimes and more

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 am

Saber slimes do not go feral when agitated. They only spawn as feral in the Wilds.
Anyways, nice idea, though implementing the triplet slime wouldn't be easy, as it would double the amount of largos in the game.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby orempswenel » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:09 pm

nice idea in after emerald.
orempswenel
Rancher

Postby Alectherancher » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Saber slimes do not go feral when agitated. They only spawn as feral in the Wilds.
Anyways, nice idea, though implementing the triplet slime wouldn't be easy, as it would double the amount of largos in the game.

True, I meant the wilds saber slimes, but you're right about the triplet slime. It would take ages to create it's largos.
I need to think of a way to make it easier, like the cosmic slime's limits for slime types.
Lots of slimes equals good times.This game is Plortastic !
Alectherancher
Plort

Return to Slime Design