am i the only one who doesn't want online multiplayer?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

am i the only one who doesn't want online multiplayer?

Postby charcolor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 am

i really like the game as is. the only real issues i have are either already about to be remedied in upcoming updates or just the fault of my computer (which would be laggy areas).
since the game was in early access i thought it'd be cool to have sort of an online range exchange where you can ask for things and give a reasonable reward. (ideally it should be worked so like, the game wouldn't let you give 1 carrot and request 3 gold plorts, but i'm not sure anyone would actually be willing to do that anyway). kind of like the pokemon GTS. i still think it would be neat, but it's not necessary for me to enjoy the game. as for actually visiting other people's ranches, i honestly don't like that idea. the only real benefit would be for people to help you out on your ranch, which wouldn't even really provide anything if you have enough drones. it'd definitely have a ton of lag issues, too. and if you want people to see your ranch, it's easy to just take pictures/videos and share them.

of course, if monomi park decides they want to implement online multiplayer, i won't try to stop them. i'm sure if they had the capability, they'd be able to make it work out. but i'm happy with slime rancher as a single-player game. what do you think?
charcolor
Chickadoo

Re: am i the only one who doesn't want online multiplayer?

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:19 pm

>am I the only one who...

probably not
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Burningskull » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:51 pm

As long as it's optional and not forced I don't mind if they add it. Being on PS4 tho and not having PS+ I wouldn't get any use out of it. Not that I would want to. I tend to prefer solo play.
Burningskull
Chickadoo

Postby charcolor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:05 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:>am I the only one who...

probably not

yes, i know it's stupid to begin a question with "am i the only one...?" or "does anyone else...?" but if i just went "WHO ELSE DOESN'T WANT ONLINE MULTIPLAYER" that'd feel a bit too aggressive. on this forum specifically, everyone seems to really want online multiplayer. maybe they're just extremely vocal, though
charcolor
Chickadoo

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:36 am

Honestly given the amount of work both tech side and story side I'm not exactly wanting it. That isn't to say I'm against the idea, but to say I'm with the craze is to ignore the roots of my opinion.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:44 am

I will say it would be interesting. But the singleplayer campaign needs work first to improve the framerate when you have a lot going on in a certain area. Mosaic glints in particular are awful for slowdowns, especially when you have a lot of Mosaic Slimes. The smoke effect when you hit a glint also causes a temporary further slowdown until it disappears entirely.

I guess this is why the game's getting ported to a new engine soon as part of Update 1.3.1 - The Optimized Update which should hopefully have noticeable performance improvements all-round.

With how taxing the game is on singleplayer in its current state, multiplayer is just going to be nothing but problems, I feel.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Freeasabird » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:37 pm

If they Deep sixed the Story for the Multiplayer (it would just be weird and get in the way) and added a few extra player models then i wouldn't have a problem with it. it would need to be at most 4 player co op. you would have Beatrix as P1 that rich Rival chick (she wears purple-don't know her name (she's a beep) ) as P3 the boyfriend guy P2 and BoB naturally as Player 4. :[

Edit by Maria: Please refrain from using foul language
Boom slimes, Rocks Slimes, No Pain No gain.
Freeasabird
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Freeasabird wrote:If they Deep sixed the Story for the Multiplayer (it would just be weird and get in the way) and added a few extra player models then i wouldn't have a problem with it. it would need to be at most 4 player co op. you would have Beatrix as P1 that rich Rival chick (she wears purple-don't know her name (she's a beep) ) as P3 the boyfriend guy P2 and BoB naturally as Player 4. :[

first off, can't agree to the first point on the story (bit of an author here.)

second point, the "boyfriend" guy you likely mean casey who has no canon gender and would be more of an ex rather than a "-friend"
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby charcolor » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:52 am

Freeasabird wrote:If they Deep sixed the Story for the Multiplayer (it would just be weird and get in the way) and added a few extra player models then i wouldn't have a problem with it. it would need to be at most 4 player co op. you would have Beatrix as P1 that rich Rival chick (she wears purple-don't know her name (she's a beep) ) as P3 the boyfriend guy P2 and BoB naturally as Player 4. :[

i don't think it would NEED to be 4 player co-op, especially with this kind of game...i don't think having a multiplayer mode is worth throwing away the whole story either. that'd be outrageous.
also don't call mochi miles a beep she's my wife

Edit by Maria: Please refrain from using foul language
charcolor
Chickadoo

Postby orempswenel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:19 am

OK! Can everyone just calm down!
orempswenel
Rancher

Return to General Discussion