I want a BOb update

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

I want a BOb update

Postby Frontiermon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:25 am

Why don't we have a BOb update yet? Where does he live? How would he react to a full Chicken coop? CAN WE RANCH HIM?

I have many questions I want answered. So yeah, BOb update, let's make it happen.
I'm still waiting for the BOb update.

helloCHIckens hallOO. chikkEN. OKs?
Frontiermon
Chickadoo

Location: I'm honestly not sure. There's no landmarks on my planet that could clue you in :/

Re: I want a BOb update

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:03 am

What would BOb even give?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Frontiermon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:14 am

Give him Chickens and he would give you just about anything :b

All joking aside, he could be a slime clothing seller, and sell you things to dress up your slimes, so they can be just like BOb. What slime wouldn't want to be like BOb? :b

Frontiermon
Chickadoo

Location: I'm honestly not sure. There's no landmarks on my planet that could clue you in :/

Postby cosmiczacat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:59 am

Frontiermon wrote:Give him Chickens and he would give you just about anything :b

All joking aside, he could be a slime clothing seller, and sell you things to dress up your slimes, so they can be just like BOb. What slime wouldn't want to be like BOb? :b

askjhsfdkjh!! cHickeN? chicckens. hallOO. chikkEN. OKs? ok oKok OK, OK!! chiCKEn ok? CHICKKENN! askjasdljhsdfjkhasdlasdlkajs!!!!!
Website I use to plan my ranch:
https://baatochan.github.io/SlimeRancherPlanner/

PFP Chart:
http://pre06.deviantart.net/d700/th/pre ... adx3hv.png

Proud Creator of the Abyssal Plains Area
cosmiczacat
Chickadoo

Postby Frontiermon » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:50 am

cosmiczacat wrote:
Frontiermon wrote:Give him Chickens and he would give you just about anything :b

askjhsfdkjh!! cHickeN? chicckens. hallOO. chikkEN. OKs? ok oKok OK, OK!! chiCKEn ok? CHICKKENN! askjasdljhsdfjkhasdlasdlkajs!!!!!

Yes, Exactly.

Frontiermon
Chickadoo

Postby CoasterMan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:26 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:What would BOb even give?

Maybe a unique plort?
CoasterMan
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Or, new fashion pods!
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm

I have been wanting a BOb expansion since the expansions were first announced.

EmeraldPlay wrote:What would BOb even give?

Pink Sentium Plorts

Bob's area would look like a weird dream-like reflection of reality. I think the game Psychonauts would be a good way to sum up the design.

Sentium plorts have only appeared rarely, and then vanish. No one knew what they did, but the answer seems to be looking us in the face... asking for cHIkenZ.

Sentium plorts are very valuable for AI research. It also seems to trigger a degree of intelligence in some slimes.

Bob's area is pink slimes and largos trying to create a community, which they call ViLLaJ. They are not very good at it, but isn't it amazing they are trying? One constant issue is Tarrs. They still have their instincts that plorts are yummy, and so part of his quests would be installing regular and advanced water cannons. Sprinklers are fun to play in, so they don't mind.

If you build them chicken farms (which grow at half speed, because munchy munchy), they don't produce elder chickens (see above), but you can put a Market Link or Refinery Link in the PlaSe oF HonER and either will slowly sell/acquire Sentium Plorts based on local chicken production.

The problem is, regular exposure to Sentium has also affected the Tarr. While the water cannons eventually keep the Tarr out of ViLLaJ, the wild areas near ViLLaJ still have Tarr. Worse, the Sentium enhanced Tarr develop a liking for easier prey, chickens, which leads to a new form of Tarr...

Tarrn Feathered. The Tarrn Feathered are aggressive, and a have slightly better AI. Because they love chickens, you can actually over-feed them with chickens, and they love Roostros. When they "pop", they produce an Egg.

(Use "ball in the hopper" random generation, one chicken is one vote for that kind of chicken, Roostro and Elder Roostro is x2 food and x2 votes for Hen Hen. Elder Hen = Hen Hen.)

And what do you do with the Egg?

That leads to the new slime tech, the High Tech Mecha Nest, an incubator for incredibly rare eggs.

The HTMN uses mechanics like a Gordo Snare. They have a chance to catch the legendary Chicko Gordos!!! And the Chicko Gordo's caught are:

Hen Hen Egg: 60% Hen Hen, 10% Stony Hen, 10% Briar Hen, 10% Painted Hen, 10% Roostro
Stony Hen Egg: 70% Stony Hen, 10% Hen Hen, 20% Roostro
Briar Hen Egg: 70% Briar Hen, 10% Hen Hen, 20% Roostro
Painted Hen Egg: 70% Painted Hen, 10% Hen Hen, 20% Roostro

You can feed an pop a chicko gordo. They eat any fruit or veggie, but their favorite food is carrots. If you try to feed them any chicken, they switch to an annoyed look and close their mouths for one day game time. Upon popping, they release 8 chickens of their kind, 2 hen hens, and one roostro.

Trapped Chicko Gordos have two major uses. Tarr and Tarrn Feathered are terrified of them, and will stay away. Regular Tarr can also feel ignored, but Tarrn Feathered linger longer.

Secondly, chickens of of the same kind as the chicko gordos reproduce a little more quickly. For a roostro chicko gordo, roostros hatch more often, making one of those very valuable.

The challenge for the area would then be like an idle clicker or idle tycoon type game. You are trying to protect ViLLaJ, and give them a chicken economy. The chicken birth rate is tracked, and you get rewards for hitting milestones. Do do that, you clear areas (perhaps they were inspired by your setup? but in a fever dream kind of way...), set up protections against Tarr, set up chicken farms, and eventually hunt Tarrn Feathered.

The first reward is Pink Sentium Plorts. These can be used to make three upgrades:

Zippy Drone: You build this once (400 sentium plorts, 700 quantum plorts, 600 dervish plorts, 1 gold plort), and "place" it on any drone stand. All drones are upgraded and have a tiny lightning icon on their control display. All drones move 10% faster.

Dilligent Drone: You build this once (500 sentium plorts, 800 crystal plorts, 500 sabre plorts, 3 gold plorts), and "place" it on any drone stand. All drones are upgraded and have a tiny bag icon on their control display. All drones gain +50 hold.

Smart Recovery Services: You can build one SRS (200 sentium plorts, 300 quantum plorts, 200 rad plorts, 33 diamonds). It is active when placed on your farm, and it looks like a healing pad. If you get knocked out, it tries to recover your items. On recovery of your body, there is a 30% chance that 10%-50% of each item in your inventory is recovered (not water). When the SRS has recovered something, there is a glowing ball over the SRS, and the items are in the glowing ball. (Note that falling into the Slime Sea will still possibly result in items washing up on the beach.) If the SRS recovers something,

7Zee Rewards:
You must build and place an SRS to trigger these:

Level 24: SRS Plus - The SRS has an increased chance of 50% to recover items of each kind in your inventory when your home's emergency recovery drone picks you up. Expensive, but your peace of mind is worth it!
Upgrade purchased for 50K nu

Level 28: SRS Double Plus Good - The SRS now has a 70% chance to recover items of each kind in your inventory, and the amount recovered is 20%-60%. Expensive, but uyou don't want anyone else touching your stuff!!!
Upgrade purchased for 100K nu

Additional tech could be a new set of teleporter goods, new deco, and chicken lamps.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:53 am

Why have the recovery service idea if this feature is already present at the Docks?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby akkamaddi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:49 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Why have the recovery service idea if this feature is already present at the Docks?

It is my understanding that the Docks only recover items after death by falling into the slime sea, and not by more violent means. Is this not the case?

Also, and this is my experience, the docks rarely recovers a few things. I have found a few plorts, I once found two jars of honey, and I once found three echoes.

The recovery service would simply be better. You have a good chance of a significant number of your items appearing in a specified place. It would cover death by violence, and could recover a significant amount of your stuff, rather than three plorts.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion