Frame Drop in Slime Rancher (PS4)

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Frame Drop in Slime Rancher (PS4)

Postby lucasrferraz » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:28 am

Hello guys.

I recently purchased Slime Rancher (PS4) and am having a serious problem with frame drop.

During the first few days (days in the game) it was running smooth, but as time went by I was noticing a slight drop in performance. When it arrived between the days 20 and 24 there was a brutal fall, being difficult even to play, being that with each movement the screen gave a lock.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and the problem persisted.
It was just deleting my save and starting a new game that I managed to perform better.

I know it's a new game for PS4, but have you ever had a similar problem? And if so, can you do something to improve it?

I'm afraid to throw everything again in this new save and in the front I can not play for lack of frame.
lucasrferraz
Plort

Re: Frame Drop in Slime Rancher (PS4)

Postby cosmiczacat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:30 am

lucasrferraz wrote:Hello guys.

I recently purchased Slime Rancher (PS4) and am having a serious problem with frame drop.

During the first few days (days in the game) it was running smooth, but as time went by I was noticing a slight drop in performance. When it arrived between the days 20 and 24 there was a brutal fall, being difficult even to play, being that with each movement the screen gave a lock.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and the problem persisted.
It was just deleting my save and starting a new game that I managed to perform better.

I know it's a new game for PS4, but have you ever had a similar problem? And if so, can you do something to improve it?

I'm afraid to throw everything again in this new save and in the front I can not play for lack of frame.

What did you have on your ranch? I play on Xbox and have severe frame drops in my grotto, which is full of Quantum Honies. I know that when I remove them, it will stop. So what did you have on your ranch before you deleted the save?
Website I use to plan my ranch:
https://baatochan.github.io/SlimeRancherPlanner/

PFP Chart:
http://pre06.deviantart.net/d700/th/pre ... adx3hv.png

Proud Creator of the Abyssal Plains Area
cosmiczacat
Chickadoo

Postby lucasrferraz » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:42 am

I had 6 different types of slimes, the frame drop got worse when I opened the grotto on the side of the ranch.

I had put in the cave the rad slime, the other one that explodes and made one more fence for the "fusion of these two types of slime.

I even get a frame fall in a few moments, but it was happening all the time and everywhere.

I am afraid to spend more hours playing when I am more advanced to be impossible to play because of the frame.
lucasrferraz
Plort

Postby cosmiczacat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:46 am

lucasrferraz wrote:I had 6 different types of slimes, the frame drop got worse when I opened the grotto on the side of the ranch.

I had put in the cave the rad slime, the other one that explodes and made one more fence for the "fusion of these two types of slime.

I even get a frame fall in a few moments, but it was happening all the time and everywhere.

I am afraid to spend more hours playing when I am more advanced to be impossible to play because of the frame.

Hmm... Sadly, I cannot help with this. I don't own a PS4 or any PlayStation, so sadly I don't know if that has anything to do with it. And with my frame drop, completely different from yours. I can't help you. Extremely sorry.
Website I use to plan my ranch:
https://baatochan.github.io/SlimeRancherPlanner/

PFP Chart:
http://pre06.deviantart.net/d700/th/pre ... adx3hv.png

Proud Creator of the Abyssal Plains Area
cosmiczacat
Chickadoo

Postby lucasrferraz » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:50 am

Many thanks for trying!

I'm trying to get in touch with Monomi Park through their official email.

It's very sad that happens, there is no week I bought the game and I can not play because of technical problems: /
lucasrferraz
Plort

Postby Jeb » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 am

While this may or may not be the issue, there is an Optimization Update coming out next, which will come with an updated Unity engine as well as other fixes, that the developers have cited will give "noticeably improved" performance on XB1 (and I'm certain PS4). See the development roadmap for more information.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby HIME » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:10 pm

When playing the game, I've also noticed a frame rate drop, especially on the ranch. I've noticed it happens most often when I sprint on the ranch, going from ranch expansion to expansion. This, I've concluded, is most likely due to 3 things: 1. My ranch utilizes high-capacity, high-production of plorts, where corrals are filled with 30+ of a base slime, being fed their favorite food very often. 2. I utilize a free-range chicken farming method, where, in the Overgrowth, I leave many varieties of chicken, including Rosters. 3. Most PS4 players, at the moment, downloaded their games off of the internet after purchase, meaning even the save files are loaded on the PS4, whereas with the disc, the save files are located on the disc, I THINK. I play on a PS4 Pro.
I like puddle slimes. They are cute.
I'm a roostro king. No slime shall eat me. More than 1 trillion chickens bow towards me.
Visit my favorite forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4274
Plz read FAQ before posting questions...
HIME
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:36 pm

I've had the game on a laptop - that is not a gaming laptop - for a while now, and I got the PS4 edition on day-release. I can confirm that the slowdown behaviour is actually pretty normal. The game is surprisingly taxing.

My worst offenders for huge framerate drops are my Mosaic Crystals; the glints are awful for it. Even when having 6 Largos per corral I get huge framerate drops from them. But I also get it to a lesser extent from my Quantum Largos and my Honey Largos. Freerange chickens can also cause slowdowns when there's a lot of them so the Overgrowth in general can be an offender for it, as well.

The only two areas I don't get framerate drops from are The Docks which just has Puddle Slimes, and The Lab which has Pink Rad and Pink Rock Largos along with their favourite food and not much else.

As someone else has mentioned though, we are supposed to be getting an optimisation update pretty soon. The game's getting ported to a more up to date version of Unity, so hopefully that should see performance improvements all-round.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby orempswenel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:49 pm

thank you.
orempswenel
Rancher

Return to Technical Support