Xbox One Bug

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

Xbox One Bug

Postby AcidHydra101 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 am

Okay, so I have heard many times that the "disappearing slimes" bug is gone. But on the Xbox One version, it still seems to be active. Can this be looked into?
AcidHydra101
Plort

Re: Xbox One Bug

Postby Jeb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm not sure the bug is gone. Even after updating to 1.3.0b I still have the issue. I'm not a veteran on these forums, but from my limited experience I've never seen them engage on any forum posts, so this approach to getting an issue fixed likely won't help.

There is a forum FAQ that recommends engaging a support email, though frankly I doubt even that's the right direction to go. I'd imagine this does have developer visibility, though no official statement on the matter. I'd be willing to bet it will get fixed soon enough though. With that said, I've found two things that have helped significantly.

Firstly, set your auto-feeders to a speed of 2 (yellow). While you do see some food waste, a few wasted food items is better than 2-3 missing slimes.

Secondly, remove all slime toys from the corrals. There was a bug with drones and toys, which was supposedly addressed with 1.3.0b, though others have mentioned slimes may be getting stuck and thus disappearing due to toys. This wasn't confirmed, but I've found removing toys has almost eliminated this issue for me.

Neither of these two "fixes" are confirmed fixes, nor could they be called workarounds, but in my experience they've definitely helped.
Jeb
Rancher

Return to Technical Support