Custom World Idea

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Custom World Idea

Postby jarethverens » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:37 am

Perhaps the no.1 feature I'd love to see in Slime Rancher is the ability to make your own Custom Far Far Range, choose where specific slimes/echos/foods can spawn and create your own zones etc. Being an old fan of Slime Rancher, getting Slime Rancher when it was still in 0.2.3/0.2.6, I was a huge fan of the BetterBuild Mod, and now I miss being able to make the Far Far Range into something I'd enjoy more, so why not make it a feature?

Customization Mode: There could be a specific mode where you're able to make custom worlds, just like how there's already Casual/Adventure/Rush.

Spawners Functionality: You could put in spawners and you can interact with them so they open a UI similar to the Drones UI, choose, what will spawn out of them whether it'll be chickens or slimes or even crates! Have extra options for example: Have gold/lucky slimes rarely come out or Rotate the direction of the spawner.

Gordos and Slime Doors: Place down Gordos of any kind and choose through options whether you want them to drop keys or not. Have doors like the ones into the Quarry or the Moss Blanket or even have the one from the Ancient Ruins with Statues to link it to.

Custom Zones: Go through a list of ground/decoration parts to place down and create your own islands/zones.

Steam Workshop support: Upload custom Worlds and download ones from other people to play.

Teleporters: Have Teleporters be linked to another or have it be a One way teleporter and link to a deactivated teleporter.

I really hope something like this is added in the future.
jarethverens
Rancher

Re: Custom World Idea

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 pm

jarethverens wrote:Perhaps the no.1 feature I'd love to see in Slime Rancher is the ability to make your own Custom Far Far Range, choose where specific slimes/echos/foods can spawn and create your own zones etc. Being an old fan of Slime Rancher, getting Slime Rancher when it was still in 0.2.3/0.2.6, I was a huge fan of the BetterBuild Mod, and now I miss being able to make the Far Far Range into something I'd enjoy more, so why not make it a feature?

Customization Mode: There could be a specific mode where you're able to make custom worlds, just like how there's already Casual/Adventure/Rush.

Spawners Functionality: You could put in spawners and you can interact with them so they open a UI similar to the Drones UI, choose, what will spawn out of them whether it'll be chickens or slimes or even crates! Have extra options for example: Have gold/lucky slimes rarely come out or Rotate the direction of the spawner.

Gordos and Slime Doors: Place down Gordos of any kind and choose through options whether you want them to drop keys or not. Have doors like the ones into the Quarry or the Moss Blanket or even have the one from the Ancient Ruins with Statues to link it to.

Custom Zones: Go through a list of ground/decoration parts to place down and create your own islands/zones.

Steam Workshop support: Upload custom Worlds and download ones from other people to play.

Teleporters: Have Teleporters be linked to another or have it be a One way teleporter and link to a deactivated teleporter.

That’s an amazing idea! It’s certainly a more likely feature than freakin multiplayer. :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby TheLevens » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:21 am

I do like the idea of a world creator mode. This could happen!
Xbox1: The Levens
Watch me on Mixer if I’m on.
Day 300+
Z:28
+2,300,000U in the Bank
TheLevens
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:37 am

MisfortuneRising wrote:
jarethverens wrote:Perhaps the no.1 feature I'd love to see in Slime Rancher is the ability to make your own Custom Far Far Range, choose where specific slimes/echos/foods can spawn and create your own zones etc. Being an old fan of Slime Rancher, getting Slime Rancher when it was still in 0.2.3/0.2.6, I was a huge fan of the BetterBuild Mod, and now I miss being able to make the Far Far Range into something I'd enjoy more, so why not make it a feature?

That’s an amazing idea! It’s certainly a more likely feature than freakin multiplayer. :D

I agree!
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby BillLeBeaux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:19 am

jarethverens wrote:
MisfortuneRising wrote:

I agree!

I love the idea, and I hope it gets implemented into slime rancher. There should be a way to download maps made by other people and play those, and maybe tweak them a little to your liking. There should also be map presets, so that you don't have to make EVERYTHING from scratch if you don't want to.
BillLeBeaux
Chickadoo

Postby jarethverens » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:43 am

I believe there could even be settings for a variable determining when an area can be seen or not depending on a number, that can be changed by teleporters, like how the Glass Desert is actually just above the Ancient Ruins but we can't see them unless we go through the teleporter, along with the Sand Sea.
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:24 pm

I think there could also be a a palette that allows you to change the colour of any world asset, like having orange hexium formations, green water, etc. Maybe also add variables/options to specific assets, like making the asset damage any player touching it, or make it increase radiation to the player. Maybe also have specific entities be idle and just for decoration or difficulty, like placing green versions of crystals around and then getting Rad Aura entities (Without the slimes) as assets and placing them on the crystals, making it look like there's Radioactive Ores in the area!
jarethverens
Rancher

Postby jarethverens » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Maybe there could also be Anti-Rad Auras, for areas that are supposed to be radioactive entirely, like having a huge zone be radioactive entirely, and filling caves there with Anti-Rad Auras, making them safe zones from the radiation.

And also Fire Tower Spawners from the Glass Desert, allowing you to have Firestorms occur in specific locations (or Anywhere) or just having the spawner create a Fire Flame very frequently, like putting one on Ash Isle to make it look active.

If you have any ideas for more custom assets for if a Custom World Creator is added, please reply! :D
jarethverens
Rancher

Return to Slime Design