Frost cavern Update ideas ( this is long )(Slimes,food, ect)

Share your original Slimepedia entries

Frost cavern Update ideas ( this is long )(Slimes,food, ect)

Postby RandomHuman445 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Description:; A deep area below the indigo quarry, it goes below the surface of the slime sea, therefore only accessible by a teleporter found near a natural ash crater in the glass desert. It is cold due to being underground and a natural air current that cools it even further. And the snowflake slimes dont make it warmer.
Full of twists and turns, ice tunnels, and places where the slime slea leak through the top and form deep pools, this is a place even Hobsin had trouble exploring. It is unknown how the ancient... people Got a teleporter down there without drowning themselves or by knowing the ravine entrance location, but recent studies seem to point that an intelligent race of ancient slime created the easy passageway for convience. There is also an aura of a unique, extremely rare slime that may only be found at the end of this huge maze...

Slimes:
(Slush Slime
Fav toy: race flag
Diet: Vegetables
Fav: Iced cattail
Behavior: Docile, tends to move faster around other slush slimes, unable to jump very high.

Look: Puddle slime shape, white and blue, purple beady eyes, on top of it's head it has a curved top similar to a gold slime.
Slimeology: Found exclusively in the frost cavern's slush lakes, this slime evolved to move around the expansive slush area. There body mixes crushed ice, snow, and slime to create it's body. They move around the slush lakes with ease, and sometimes race others. They are very cold to the touch, some ranchers lucky enough to find some of these slimes tend to through them like snowballs.
Rancher riskes:
Other than the same risks as snow, this slime needs a special corral similar to the slush lakes to survive. Also, as they are basically living slush balls, they will melt in the sun if left out for too long, so they must be raised in a cave. If they touch a fire slime or a mosaic glint bursts near it, say goodbye to it forever(unless you find its spirit slime of course).
Since only a few ranchers have the ability to get to the frost caverns, the special corral isnt put in the plot blueprints as standard and must be crafted in the lab.
Plortatomics: When prepared correctly, the slush in the plorts can be used as treats or cooling equipment. When not prepared the right way, the slime in the plorts stay, so it obvious what could go wrong.)
(Snowflake slime
Fav toy: unmeltable snowball
Diet: Fruit
Fav: Corkscrew Berry
Behavior: Wherever it bounces, it leaves a trail of snowflakes in the air. If it stays in one place for three seconds, a large snowflake will form under it.
Look: The generic slime shape with a droop at the back, white with brown on the bottom of the body, on the inside the body there is snow suspended in slime. Purple, crescent shaped eyes with a brown mouth.
Slimeology: The snowflake slime is common in the frosted cavern, and is one of the main sources of the cold temperatures. Where most slimes in the cavern have adapted to live in the cold, the snowflake slime took it to a whole different level. Instead of adapting to live in cold temperatures, this slime creates coldness, leaving snow wherever it goes. Unlike other cold adapted slimes, it can live in the heat and out of caves, but it wont eat no matter how hungry it is.
Rancher risks: The snowflake slime finds eating to be easier when its food is frozen in ice. Since no plant is frozen in ice where it lives, it uses it natural ability to freeze it's food using a strange ice breath. If it misses or a slime gets in the way, the snowflake slime will instead freeze whatever else was there. This freeze will stop any equipment from working until thawed, slimes from moving and eating, and ranchers from ranching if freeze breathed too many times. Since it's meant to live in the cold, it needs a special corral to live in. However, since only a few ranchers have the ability to get to the frost caverns, the special corral isnt put in the plot blueprints as standard and must be crafted in the lab.
Plortatomics: Remnants of the snowflake slime's cold capabilities can be found in it's plorts. These small chemical compounds can be used to create exelent cooling equipment)
(Spirit slime
Fav toy: fog machine
Diet: Soaked up nutrients
Behavior: floats peacefully. Has its eyes closed most of the time. When it gets hungry it's eyes open. If it doesn't eat for a long time, it will suck up the nutrients from a well fed slime. When agitated, it will distort itself scaring other slimes.
Look: the original body and color, but more faded. Slightly transparent, with a cloudy mist around it. The eyes are golden.
Slimeology: These are the spirits of slimes who have died. They still have the same traits of their original life; with a twist. Since they are, of course, dead, they can pass through solid objects at their will. They are unable to be ranched, but can still be fed to gain plorts.
Rancher risks: Since they still have the abilities of their original bodies, its best to be on your guard when you spot the ghost of a dangerous slime. Sometimes, spirit slimes scare the living daylights out of an unweary ranger when they are agitated. Sometimes this leads to a rancher falling into some of the slime pools, knocking them out, or worse.
Plortotomics: For some reason, the plorts that spirit slimes produce are physical. They produce the plort they would have alive, along with a special spirit plort! These can make spirit largos. These largos cant go through walls like the true spirit slimes, but they can still float and have the gold eyes-cloudy fog around them. The spirit plorts are used to research ways to go through solid matter. This comes with risk however, as there is a chance that the object would fall deep underground without proper precautions.)
(Foolsgold slime
One per game
Fav toy: large newbuck coin
Diet:Plants
No fav
Behavior: For the first few encounters, runs away like a regular gold slime. After a few more, it wont run away as long as you dont get close to it. After a lot more, it will act friendly and trustly. After one more encounter, it will act as if it wants to go back to your ranch. This is when you can vacc it up and ranch it. When threatened or hurt, it will go underground for three minutes. When happy, it will shine, reducing the agitation of nearby slimes. When agitated, it will create a strange noise that increases agitation of nearby slimes.
Look: a gold slime without the large shine. At the tip of its head, its covered in blue. Its eyes are pink. Its gold tone is slightly darker.
Slimeology: Holy gilded ginger! Would you look at that. This one of a kind slime appears to be a mutated gold slime suited to live in most temperatures. This slime has the same abilities as a regular gold slime. It is very shy, but with continued interaction, it became trusting in the rancher that found it: Beatrix. It may not be as shiny as a goldslime, but it certainly is cooler!
Rancher risks: After some approved study, the foolsgold slime seems to be capable of making low frequency sounds that makes other slimes uncomfortable, especially Tarr. Even when it isn't threatened, it will still make this sound when agitated, so it's best to keep it as confortable as you can.
Plortatomics: Unlike the gold slime, the foolsgold slime's plorts have a practical use! Chunks of a strange compound can be harvested from the plorts. These can be mended to be used for extremely efficient electrical equipment.)
New food
Corkscrew berry: Fruit favored by snowflake slime
Look: A thick, purple corkscrew with brown at the bottom.
Entry: This berry found the best way to hold heat was to trap it in between the areas of the corkscrew sections. The fruit is a mix of bitter, and meat taste.)
(Iced cattail: vegtable favored by slush slime
Look: the earth cattail plant colored baby blue, with green at the tip of the plant.
Entry: This plant stores energy in the large part at the top if the stem. It doesn't taste good to humans, but slimes love these for some reason.)
New slime science resources
-ice shard
-slush liquid
-ectoplasm

New interactions
Ability to pet slimes.
Ability to hand feed slimes
Ability to discourage largos from eating plorts

New animations
Largos have that draggy animation that small slimes have on their heads.
Rare slimes have custom animations.

New slime science gadgets
Freezy corral
Freeze slush corral
Ice blue slime lamp
Dry ice blue slime lamp

New slime toys
Large newbuck coin
Fog machine
Unmeltable snowball
Race flag

This is my first post. If someone wants to draw these that would be cool. Wish this stuff could be officially added in.
Last edited by RandomHuman445 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RandomHuman445
Plort

Re: Frost cavern Update ideas ( this is long )

Postby MisfortuneRising » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:48 pm

Welcome to the forums man! Great idea btw! :D
MisfortuneRising
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:59 pm

First of all, nice job and welcome here!
Second:
RandomHuman445 wrote:Description: 
<br>
:<br>
(Slush Slime<br>
Diet: Water Plants<br>
Fav: Iced cattail<br>
.&nbsp; it&apos;s body.&nbsp;
Rancher riskes:<br>
&nbsp.

What happened here? There are lots of these in your text, and I wonder if there is a problem with your keyboard.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Nice idea, but keep in mind that devs don't take ideas.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby RandomHuman445 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Nice idea, but keep in mind that devs don't take ideas.
Welcome to the forums!

Yeah. I know. But I wish something like this could make it. It just feels great to spread ideas around.
RandomHuman445
Plort

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Welcome to the forums!

I really wish they did.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby BillLeBeaux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 am

GoldenLucky99 wrote:First of all, nice job and welcome here!
Second:
RandomHuman445 wrote:Description:&nbsp;
<br>
(Slush Slime<br>
&nbsp.

What happened here? There are lots of these in your text, and I wonder if there is a problem with your keyboard.

There must be something weird on your end, I'm not seeing any of the stuff you quoted in the original post.
BillLeBeaux
Chickadoo

Postby RandomHuman445 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:16 am

BillLeBeaux wrote:
GoldenLucky99 wrote:First of all, nice job and welcome here!
Second:
RandomHuman445 wrote:Description:&nbsp;
<br>
(Slush Slime<br>
&nbsp.

There must be something weird on your end, I'm not seeing any of the stuff you quoted in the original post.

I deleted all that wierd stuff. I worked on this post for a few days and saved it in some memo thing. When copy pasted onto here, those thins showed up. I forgot to delete them when I first posted this
RandomHuman445
Plort

Postby RandomHuman445 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:20 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

I really wish they did.

They take insperation, though they dont copy exactly. Just take a brouse through old posts and you'll start to make connections to current in game stuff.
RandomHuman445
Plort

Re: Frost cavern Update ideas ( this is long )(Slimes,food,

Postby Alectherancher » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:21 am

Great idea, an ice area would be pretty nice, when there's a desert, a jungle, a quarry and an ancient place, the area would fit perfectly. If only monomi park would implement some of these ideas into the game.
Lots of slimes equals good times.This game is Plortastic !
Alectherancher
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:27 am

I love cold places!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Frost cavern Update ideas this is long Slimesfood ect

Postby Zeterurl » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 am

Do you know CSS? How long did you take to learn? Online or Offline Learning? I learn basic CSS from w3shools.
Zeterurl
Chickadoo

Postby lbyrne2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:11 pm

RandomHuman445 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Yeah. I know. But I wish something like this could make it. It just feels great to spread ideas around.

Thats the point of this fourm. To spread ideas and culture immagnation. also the og post hurts my eyes. it just needs some spacing.
Stephen Hawking wrote: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

███▓▒░░.I dislike the 255 character limit.░░▒▓███
lbyrne2
Rancher

Postby lbyrne2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:13 pm

wait, DEATH in SLIME RANCHER,

IMPOSSIBLE
Stephen Hawking wrote: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

███▓▒░░.I dislike the 255 character limit.░░▒▓███
lbyrne2
Rancher

Postby Phantom268 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:26 am

Welcome to the forums!

WHAT!!!!! :O
I just posted my idea for a slime...... so does that mean they won't use it :(
I was born in Valentine's day for some reason...♥
(NOT a girl ʸ(ᴖ́◡⚈)♡)
(I guess Saint Valentine gave me that gift :D)

Saint Valentine (the guy who made Valentine's day) wrote:>:(
Phantom268
Rancher

Postby Phantom268 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:32 am

RandomHuman445 wrote:
GoldenLucky99 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

I really wish they did.

They take insperation, though they dont copy exactly. Just take a brouse through old posts and you'll start to make connections to current in game stuff.

Oh, never mind :'>
I was born in Valentine's day for some reason...♥
(NOT a girl ʸ(ᴖ́◡⚈)♡)
(I guess Saint Valentine gave me that gift :D)

Saint Valentine (the guy who made Valentine's day) wrote:>:(
Phantom268
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Phantom268 wrote:
RandomHuman445 wrote:
GoldenLucky99 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

I really wish they did.

Oh, never mind :'>

that post has a few things not accounted for. a couple ideas that are claimed to be inspired actually came after the plans for such slimes in game were made,
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Slime Design