The Automatic Update Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Re: The Automatic Update Discussion Thread

Postby Upsilon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:21 am

Calydor wrote:is there any chance they could be made to understand the favorite foods of slimes?

I'm pretty sure if you put at least 1 Oca Oca in your Rad+smth Largo auto-feeder the drone will keep putting Oca Ocas there and if you put at least 1 Heart Beet in the auto-feeder for your Rock+smth Largo the drone will stop putting Oca Ocas there.
Upsilon
Chickadoo

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

My drone went through the wall. Literally. It just stood against the wall, and then it went through.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Elanchana » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:27 am

First of all, LOVE the drones. They're amazingly useful and sooooo cute!

I agree with all the people who think they should be able to interact with warp depots and refinery receptacles. I'm not a programmer, but it doesn't seem like the kind of change that would require a huge overhaul, and it would be a major help for people who don't have their ranches organized a certain way.

Also, one of my drones recently got stuck face to face with a snared gordo. I had to reinstall the drone in order to free it. Has this happened to anyone else?
Elanchana
Plort

Postby JadeN » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 pm

The drones are very well done, although I think a upgraded charge station should be added. As a possibility maybe they could be obtained through a treasure pod, or maybe a 7zee reward so they can hold more than one charge. As cool as the drones are I have so much to do on my ranch and they are a great help. I have over a hundred hours in this game and have largos for every slime and taking care of them is a disaster, the drones do help but i wish with they could be active for more than one day at a time. I switched my entire ranch over to drones and I have 14 drones spread across every expansion, and watering them is definitely better than doing the work myself but its still tedious. I love the game and hope to see a lot more updates in the future regarding automation and ranch management in general. Keep up the great work with the game!
JadeN
Plort

Postby rorya01 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:58 pm

When will the Xbox and PS4 version drop? If you don't know than maybe an estimate? Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask this or something
rorya01
Chickadoo

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:52 am

i'd really like to know if going past the item capacity on receptacles when a drone deposits into them is intended or not. i could really use it to my advantage, but i'd rather not reorganize my whole ranch based on a bug that could be fixed at any time.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 am

I noticed something with drones selling plorts in the plort market, or market link. Their selling stacks with Mochi Miles's first upgrade, even though it doesn't make the appropriate sound. Also the number of drones should be tied with the size of the expansion. 2 is too few for the overgrowth, ranch and lab. Maybe for the ranch, 4 to 5, the rest 3 (if there are 5 plots) or 2 (if there are 4 plots). Also make it possible to have drones interact with warp depots, thus allowing me to automatically transfer the food to the silos from the overgrowth to the ranch. I store majority of my stuff in the ranch, except the echoes and ornaments, which I store in the grotto. I store slime science resources at the lab (not the lab itself but on 2 silos).
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby windblade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:53 am

ok , after a time with the drones i have to say i love them even more, yeah still they dont automate everything and still woulc use another drone and all but honestly even at 2 they already make a HUGE difference, i have been able to even increase how many slimes i have, , and now have time to do even more things, i still havent rearanged my entire ranch to optimize for drones but im happy with its current design and im already used to the routine i created, nw the oonly expansion i need to get i mochi's, lets see how much i can do with that now that we have cute lil drones
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Postby KitsuneRyo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am

OMG, the drones are ADORABLE and I'm totally in love with them. I've also been able to have them pick up the puddle plorts in the waterfall pond just fine, and since I only have puddle and fire slimes in the Pier, it's a perfect setup with the two drones puttering around and safely collecting the plorts. I have a heck of a time keeping my fire slimes in the ash trough, so having the drone pick up the plorts without pulling the slimes around is a total lifesaver!! I do wish I could have them be different chroma packs for different expansions though.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby SuaveSteve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Drones don't seem to collect outside plorts smartly. They will collect a plort, then fly past many others and then collect a few more. Basically bounce around the area instead of just vacuuming up the ones closest to them. Very noticeable when you are heavy free ranging and your grotto is littered with phosphor plorts.
SuaveSteve
Plort

Postby McCauley1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Calydor wrote:As smart as the drones are, is there any chance they could be made to understand the favorite foods of slimes? It is rather inefficient when the Oca Oca meant for my Radioative Boom Slimes in one end of the Grotto are given to my Rock Tabbies in the other end of the grotto instead of their Heart Beets.

You just have to make sure it's putting them in auto-feeders and have at least one of the right type of food in the auto-feeder(s) already
McCauley1
Chickadoo

Postby Monkeychow01 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 am

Love the drones. Here's what I'll chime in with.

1) disappointed that you can't have drones put things in warp depots or refinery (especially the refinery). Can you fix that?

2) noticed that drones don't work if I accidentally get knocked out? Why not? Do they work while you sleep? (haven't tested).

3) is it worth having the drones target specific foods? Reason I ask is I didn't notice if they will put favorite foods into corrals, if you have 2 different slimes and too different "veggies" for instance. Not sure that they are smart enough to do that?

Those are really the only things I noticed. I can absolutely rework my farm to make the above work, but it feels if you add those few things? These suckers will be perfect :)
Monkeychow01
Chickadoo

Postby aprilr41 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Great update, the drones are so helpful! Also requesting that they get charge upgrades--I've just opened up the Glass Desert and I'd like to spend my time exploring rather than returning each day to water the drones again.

I've noticed 2 things so far:

1) My Roostros in coops have immediately aged and continue doing so with each new one I put in, including 2 I had stored. I'm about to ditch coops entirely but I thought I would mention this.

2) Observation/question? When first activated, the drones are very efficient about filling autofeeders for all pens. If the autofeeders run out though, the drones only refill the ones that still have food left, so I've returned to some autofeeders at capacity while nearby pens have slimes that are starving with no food. Not sure if this is intentional or a bug?

Thank you again for a great update, I love these little guys!
aprilr41
Plort

Postby PrismSlime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:10 pm

it might be a bit tricky to work out, but being able to set how many of each type of hen remain in a coop when a drone takes from them would be really helpful. or just being able to take the chicks to either a pre-selected coop, or at least a storage unit. and ai to feed a slime with its favorite food would be nice.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby pwh589 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 am

I need drones to feed specific food TO SPECIFIC CORRALS. Id like to feed every slime its favorite food. by allowing drones to feed not just any auto-feeder/corral, but a specif corral by giving a drone a specific "Corral Name" or "Corral ID" the drones will be able to do this. also, I have an expansion that has only food grown in it, which means i cant take food from one extension and feed with it corrals that are in a different extension. i think that they sould cancel the extension limitation and instead allow us to define an extension (or even multyble extensions) for the target, source and destination. also, why limit the number of drones?

overall i think that the less restrictions on drones the better...
pwh589
Plort

Postby JadeAislin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:29 am

I agree with most of what has been said so far. I love the drones but feel there could be some improvement. Some things I would like include:

1. Drones being able to use refinery/refinery link

2. Drones being able to use warp depot

(I have all my silos on the main ranch and I have to replace a garden with a silo in my free range areas to use drones there. This leaves me with a silo that is not upgraded and has an extra slot that will never be used.)

3. Drones being able to collect plorts from gardens or possibly being able to collect plorts from entire area (both inside/outside garden)

(I have three free range areas where the slimes eat in the gardens and drop their plorts there. Drones being able to collect plorts that fall outside the garden plots are great, but I'm missing all the plorts that drop in those plots.

edited for grammar
JadeAislin
Plort

Postby Calydor » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:17 pm

There is a potential bug in Mochi's Manor with the drones, or I'm just missing something.

I have two gardens with Prickle Pears and three corrals with Mosaic/Dervish because I'm greedy and they're consistently high valued plorts. The gardens are fully upgraded with super soil and extra trees. The drones are set to move Fruit from Gardens to Corrals, then take Plorts from Plort Collectors to the Market.

Problem is that half the time when I visit the manor, at least one and often two of the corrals are STARVING, which leads to explosions and twisters everywhere, which in turn leads to plorts scattered all over the manor.

I experience something similar with the lab where my quantum/sabers often go hungry and therefore phase out of the corral, leading to frantic Yakety Sax chases up in the rafters.

I'm assuming there is some kind of inefficiency in how the drones' actions are calculated, because things never go hungry if I actually sit there watching the cell for a full day.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Upsilon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:28 am

Calydor wrote:The drones are set to move Fruit from Gardens to Corrals

Try setting the drones to bring all the Fruit to the auto-feeders instead, this might help.
Upsilon
Chickadoo

Postby Calydor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:48 am

Upsilon wrote:
Calydor wrote:The drones are set to move Fruit from Gardens to Corrals

Try setting the drones to bring all the Fruit to the auto-feeders instead, this might help.

This seems to have helped, thanks. Finally time to use the feeders.
Calydor
Rancher

Postby Jeb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am

This may also be a bug (see http://forums.monomipark.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8861). I'm not sure which platforms are affected, and this hasn't even been confirmed a bug yet.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby Lored » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Why drones can't acquired plorts to Refinery & Refinery Link?
Lored
Plort

Postby Jeb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Lored wrote:Why drones can't acquired plorts to Refinery & Refinery Link?

It's been an outcry of the community. I don't think we have an official response from the developers yet. With the number of people asking for it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it soon.

With that said, I'm also aware the intent with drones is to semi-automate (not fully-automate) your ranch. It may have been a design decision to help control that usage.

Since the drones can use the market, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to use the refinery, so I bet it's just a matter of time until this is added.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby Lored » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:38 pm

Jeb wrote:
Lored wrote:Why drones can't acquired plorts to Refinery & Refinery Link?

It's been an outcry of the community. I don't think we have an official response from the developers yet. With the number of people asking for it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it soon.

With that said, I'm also aware the intent with drones is to semi-automate (not fully-automate) your ranch. It may have been a design decision to help control that usage.

Since the drones can use the market, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to use the refinery, so I bet it's just a matter of time until this is added.

Drones regularly require Water, so I think, ranch already not fully-automate.
Lored
Plort

Postby Jeb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Lored wrote:Drones regularly require Water, so I think, ranch already not fully-automate.

I'm not referring to the need to have some interaction with the drones. Here's a blurb about drones from the developers:

Adorable drones will be added to Slime Science, allowing you to selectively automate parts of the ranching experience! Our goal with drones is to somewhat reduce the amount of manual work required to keep your ranch running while still retaining the spirit of the game we have now.

What I'm getting at is that limiting the functionality of the drones to the market only may have been a design decision to "somewhat reduce" our work. I'm fairly certain the developers talked about including the refinery and refinery link when working on this feature. I doubt it was left off as an oversight.
Jeb
Rancher

Postby z0mbiesrock » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:19 am

Also this?
Not my screenshot, originally from https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1331402569
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion