Alternative to Friendly Tarr

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Alternative to Friendly Tarr

Postby GuyBronson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 pm

I've noticed a lot of suggestions in here regarding the possibility of friendly Tarr variants. I personally disagree with the concept, because Tarr do not produce plorts, and giving them the ability to do so would clash with their established lore. I do, however, believe that Tarr should provide some sort of resource, so this is my late-game alternative to ranching them.

Tarr Centrifuge
Slime science gadget (extractor)
Recipe:
-15 Primordy Oil
-8 Indigonium
-2 Lava Dust
-4 Silky Sand
-120 Crystal Plorts

Use: Shoot a Tarr into it to start the extraction process. After 24 in-game hours, the Centrifuge will produce between 1 and 3 Inert Tarr. The Centrifuge will never break, but cannot be moved once placed.

Inert Tarr
Slime Science resource, can be sold on the Plort Market

Base Value: 80

Use: Can be sold or used to craft Slick gadgets (teleporter, warp depot, etc.), which shine in rainbow patterns like Tarr

Slimepedia entry:
Inert Tarr is a valuable and difficult-to-obtain resource that can only be obtained by subduing and processing Tarr, a dangerous task for even the most experienced Ranchers. It is the closest thing to a plort that can be derived from the Tarr, and is considered one for the purposes of Plortonomics, but is actually a different substance entirely.

Inert Tarr has a wide variety of uses on Earth, ranging from efficiently paving roads to creating "Plortstic," an extremely-durable renewable plastic. In addition, paint made with Inert Tarr shines in rainbow colors, just like Tarr, only it doesn't try to eat you. How lovely.
GuyBronson
Plort

Re: Alternative to Friendly Tarr

Postby rabbitslime » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Nice one! This should be redirected to the Creative area. Could the inert tarr be used as paint in the game? It will just make the affected item have a shiny texture... code wise it will just have a shiny tag, which would make it shiny or not.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby GuyBronson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:33 am

There's an idea. I don't know about objects since I haven't seen "painting objects" as a feature, even just with a shiny tag, buuuuut I'm pretty sure creating a slick fashion pod would be doable.
GuyBronson
Plort

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:13 am

Nice idea.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Return to General Discussion