Ancient Slime Rancher Versions (Pre 0.2.0)

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Ancient Slime Rancher Versions (Pre 0.2.0)

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:26 pm

I was just wondering something. Will Monomi Park ever release the original slime rancher versions? I'm talking the versions before 0.2.0. I know of those old graphics, and wanna snatch a peek at them for myself. I also want to see some old features (if any are included). But seriously, I really like ancient game features and such.
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Re: Ancient Slime Rancher Versions (Pre 0.2.0)

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Who knows?

I managed to restore some of the prototype features that were present in 0.2.0 but hidden, such as the prototype Indigo Quarry. I plan to make a post about it, which you will get to see in due time.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Lionmeow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Well that's pretty cool I guess..
Can somebody get me out of this tabby slime though?!
very inactive nowadays
Lionmeow
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:37 pm

That'd be cool.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby akkamaddi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:29 pm

I haven't posted in a while... :-)

Actually a cool way to revive the prototype version would be Hodgson's dreams.

There could be a Dream Slime that visits you when you sleep, feeds on your happy dreams, and drops a Dream Plort.

The Dream Plort gets automatically used by the habitat's AI, and you get the option to "Visit Hobson's Dreams". Each dream is a region based on version 0.1 of the game.

The point could be to find some "buried treasure" forgotten by Hobson because the Dream Slime ate his memories. If you find the hidden treasure pod in Hobson's dream, you can find a sparkly spot where it is hidden in the real world.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 pm

akkamaddi wrote:I haven't posted in a while... :-)

Actually a cool way to revive the prototype version would be Hodgson's dreams.

There could be a Dream Slime that visits you when you sleep, feeds on your happy dreams, and drops a Dream Plort.

The Dream Plort gets automatically used by the habitat's AI, and you get the option to "Visit Hobson's Dreams". Each dream is a region based on version 0.1 of the game.

The point could be to find some "buried treasure" forgotten by Hobson because the Dream Slime ate his memories. If you find the hidden treasure pod in Hobson's dream, you can find a sparkly spot where it is hidden in the real world.

heheh nice
That would be really cool.
Or, if you finished Adventure mode, there could be a new mode called Dream mode, and it could have Hobson's Dreams, like you said.

The only problem is that in version 0.1, the Indigo Quarry, Ancient Ruins, Glass Desert, and a ton of other stuff wouldn't exist.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:22 am

Version 0.1 never existed. The game used a different naming system back then. For example, one of the updates was called Prototype 3 Patch 3, or 0.0.3p3. The quarry did exist at the time, but it looked completely different, consisting of early versions of Entrance, Donut Hole, Over Under, and another, completely scrapped cell.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby akkamaddi » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm

If there is ever a Dream Mode to incorporate old versions, inconsistencies in the map do not matter because *wiggles fingers* ~DREEEEAMS!~

But seriously, replace Horbert's message beacons with ghostly Dream Plorts with messages from his semi-conscious mind, to give an ongoing narration. When a different part of the map appears, "Huh... This doesn't seem right, but.... I can't really remember. Oh well. Not very important, I guess."

And with that, significant differences and even missing map sections can be written off as the vagaries of dreams.

If Slime Rancher Classic is ever incorporated, it will probably be as an extra mode as a freebie. If it's ever incorporated directly into the game itself, making it all a dream that somehow ties to the real world is the best way to hand-wave away missing stuff that has some narrative consistency.
akkamaddi
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Version 0.1 never existed. The game used a different naming system back then. For example, one of the updates was called Prototype 3 Patch 3, or 0.0.3p3. The quarry did exist at the time, but it looked completely different, consisting of early versions of Entrance, Donut Hole, Over Under, and another, completely scrapped cell.

Hmm... Wonder what Donut Hole could be?
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:21 pm

Donut Hole is this area.Image
and this, is its early version.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:12 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:Donut Hole is this area.Image
and this, is its early version.

Oh.
It must be nice to be one of the original places made.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to General Discussion