Vanishing Dervishes?

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Vanishing Dervishes?

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:51 pm

So.... anyone else have their dervish slimes vanish? I had two..... I fell into the slime sands, and when I was rushing around to check things, one was gone. There was no mess around the ranch; no scattered plorts, no food tossed around, and no dervish slime wandering around outside the corral. This is the second time this has happened to me.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Re: Vanishing Dervishes?

Postby GravityCat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:26 am

Old news, people have been reporting this for a few months now. Certain slimes have been falling prey to this bug, including my own. It's the reason I'm not playing the game right now outside of taking screenshots because constantly replacing them isn't my idea of fun.

According to Kara, they are aware of it. Fingers crossed they can figure out what's going on because I miss playing the game normally.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:26 pm

I actually have an idea on a possible cause. If movement isnt locked while the slimes systems are running on the ranch it may cause them to try catching up to that as well when the ranch reloads. This may at times ignore walls and explain the random teleportation factor we have seen. Now I dont know if this is the cause but it could be.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Upsilon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:23 am

The only thing I noticed is that my Dervish Saber Largos are very jumpy and can often break the Air Net and get out of the coral. If there is no food around they'll just disappear without a trace.
Upsilon
Chickadoo

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:07 pm

I have tons of vanishing slimes.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby KitsuneRyo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Upsilon wrote:The only thing I noticed is that my Dervish Saber Largos are very jumpy and can often break the Air Net and get out of the coral. If there is no food around they'll just disappear without a trace.

Mmmm.... no, it can't be that.... There's only ever two, and they're pure Dervish slimes, not largos... plus, there's always plenty of food for them. It seems to be this glitch the others mentioned.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Any chance you had toys? Have had a report which doesnt follow this trend but it seems to be a common aspect so wanting to see if I can find more without it to figure things out.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Any chance you had toys? Have had a report which doesnt follow this trend but it seems to be a common aspect so wanting to see if I can find more without it to figure things out.

For me, I had toys when my slime disappeared.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Any chance you had toys? Have had a report which doesnt follow this trend but it seems to be a common aspect so wanting to see if I can find more without it to figure things out.

Yeah; I have a corral for each ranchable slime type, and they all have their specific toy... Including the Dervish slimes with the gryo top.
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:41 pm

KitsuneRyo wrote:

Yeah; I have a corral for each ranchable slime type, and they all have their specific toy... Including the Dervish slimes with the gryo top.

At the time I asked that I thought there was a lead there but have since been proven that isn’t the case.
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby KitsuneRyo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
KitsuneRyo wrote:

At the time I asked that I thought there was a lead there but have since been proven that isn’t the case.

Oh.... well, I suppose that's a relief!!
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Return to General Discussion