... Idea's that came to mind

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

... Idea's that came to mind

Postby FaeRoo » Tue May 29, 2018 4:57 pm

well to the point!

1. Portable Port Collector,... like the market link and warp depots. it be like a mini silo or could be having 4 sides,... for those times you are trying not to have a tarr attack,... but you have to push the button. being that it has 4 sides could help up to 4 times of plorts maybe,... it would also help cleaning the ranch for those who let slime run around all crazy like,... pink tangles really help clean the over growth area,...

2,.... tho i like Ogden's garden update,... =<.<= could we get a garden collector? that works if we be gone a few days,... and everything turns to dust,.... =X.x= honey/booms and honey/hunters keep getting mad i forget to collect my mint mango's at the docks,.... you know how pissy hunters get! the growling and the angry eyes and the boom bites! =x.X'=

this next idea is like in parts,....

3,... be able to swim! we fall in water,.... with a new buyable thingy could be able to swim or dive into the slime sea,... how ever glass desert we pass out,... you can not swim in sand,... you sink like stitch into the water!

4,.... UNDERWATER SLIMES! ... like a fish tank with new slimes, fishy slimes! shark slimes,... puffer slimes,... squid or octopus slimes,... angler slimes,.... blames sims 1,... that big fish tank you can get into and swim!

5,... underwater ranch? like sandy's tree dome,... i think best place for a teleporter would be the lab or docks,.... or this one leads to no where cave in the dry reef,.....

out of the water and back on land where we belong,... =<.<'=

6. dye your slime,... tho for like rad and phosphor there glows would change to the dye color,.. their plorts stay the same!

7. the sky is falling! or something like that,... like the maybe pile of scrapped meteor slime. like a new person that has a base on the slime moon,.. like in one of the eyes and the meteor's hit the smile,... but could also be a new star type or cosmic cloud? tho it would be like the sliver slimes and not able to get but be able to hit with something to get plorts,... could grow like moonshoorms that look like cheese,... that they eat,...

um,.... i will leave it at that before my head explodes,....

8. MAPS OF THE OTHER LANDS,.... sorry. was trying to figure out why i could only put out 2 extractors when can put out 6,.... i had 4 at Ogden's ranch,... =X.x'= had no idea til i went to it again.
FaeRoo
Plort

Re: ... Idea's that came to mind

Postby JasontheBasin » Tue May 29, 2018 5:03 pm

1. ok
2. There are no garden collectors because it'd make the game a bit too easier
3. The slime sea is made of a composition of water and slime, and lets nothing out (save for slimes) so I don't get how you'd get out of it. Nothing survives in the slime sea, same going for the sand sea.
4. see point 3
5. see point 4
6. sure?
7. uh...
8. no comment
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 am

1. I don't know what you're trying to suggest here.
2. Your issues with food going to waste can be rectified by rethinking your ranch layout. I tend to keep Puddles at the docks just because I always forget to go there and they're low maintenance. If you station food in the main ranch area and/or its expansions you will always pass by it.
3. This has been suggested a lot. The idea of the Slime and Sand Sea is that it's meant to be a physical barrier so you can't stray too far out of the game map.
4. See above point. We're getting way too close to Subnautica territory here.
5. See above point. Very Subnautica-esque.
6. I don't see much point in dyeing your slimes.
7. Meteor Slime again, always with the goddamn Meteor Slime.
8. Don't put extractors at Ogden's Retreat. You'll get more use of them by having them get location-exclusive resources; Drills in the Quarry, Apiary at the Blanket, and Pumps in the Reef. Best part is, they're on the map.

Also, certain areas don't have associated maps because they're unloaded when you're away from them. And in actuality are not too far from the main mandlass. Knowing where exactly it is would break people's immersion.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed May 30, 2018 4:29 am

What's with the dots?
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:What's with the dots?

Yeah, I don't get it with the dots. Maybe a keyboard issue?
Anyway, overall, these are pretty good ideas.

I'll leave the constructive criticism to the others.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby FaeRoo » Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm

dots are a weird issue i have cause to me it like a pause and i just do them out of habit!

think plort collector but not with a pen. kinda like how we get quick silver plorts. like we place it down and it collects plorts in the wild or in a spot we go slimes running freely. ... tho thinking on it could be a second update to the places we have. or a random quest add form another NPC farmer.

ideas are ideas. if someone didn't come up with the idea to catch slimes in a gun,... we wouldn't be here.
FaeRoo
Plort

Postby JessyXKisuXKata » Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 pm

what about high walls for the fireslimes

or a sky slimes they live on clouds or something
Always stay wiggly.
JessyXKisuXKata
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:07 am

Highwalls1