Idea: Plort PVP

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Idea: Plort PVP

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:11 pm

I know that multiplayer SR is really controversial, but here.

The idea is to knock out the other players using anything at your disposal
The vac will have a new mode called utility mode, which changes the plorts' behaviour when shot.
All of the plort behaviours can be neutralized with water. (Note: Not all of the behaviours harm opponents, and utility mode can be toggled, and the puddle, fire and quicksilver plorts have no behaviours)

Plort behaviour on utility mode:

Pink - Stackable block

Rock - Forcefield

Tabby - 1-use Springpad

Phosphor - Lights up the area around it

Boom - EXPLODE ON IMPACT

Crystal - Make crystal slimes' crystal spikes on impact

Rad - Makes a rad zone

Honey - Makes a sticky zone

Hunter - Makes an invisible zone (that still bends the light, maybe an invisible hunter gordo without features?)

Quantum - Teleports firer to it on impact

Dervish - Makes tornado on impact

Tangle - Summons all items in vicinity (with vines) to firer

Mosaic - Travels like an echo until it stops, then becomes a glint

Saber - ACTS LIKE A BULLET

Gold - INSTAKILL GOLD BULLET (Hard to aim)

Lucky - INFINITE GODMODE

Anyway, the ranch will be a no PVP zone, with a plort market. Newbucks are used to buy plorts and buffs, and all sell at their default value. All teleporters are unlocked, all gordos are burst (or it could act a bit like Fortnite). Electrical charges hurt players. All slimepedia is unlocked, all upgrades that are unlocked in rush mode are unlocked, there is a seperate 'Plorts' slimepedia page listing what plorts do (Lucky Plort will be a joke).

That's it for now.
PS: Any ideas for how to obtain Tarr tentacles will be greatly appreciated (Player turns into a sentient , controlled Tarr and will be able to shoot Tarr tentacles.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Re: Idea: Plort PVP

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Well, this would be a good mod, but not in the game because SR has already decided for no multiplayer.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby SlimeCrafter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:17 pm

No. Not true. They said not right now, but possibly POSSIBLY later. That's not a no.
He's the biggest nerd there is, iiiiiiit's....

Mr. Moonjump!

Hehe. I used to be known as SlimeCrafter, but I grew out of that name...

I, uh... can't seem to change it. Oof.
SlimeCrafter
Keeper

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 pm

I have drawn something.
Attachments
Plort PVP.png
Note: The red lines aren't blood
Plort PVP.png (214.61 KiB) Viewed 12505 times
Lionmeow made my avatar!

I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:46 am

SlimeCrafter wrote:No. Not true. They said not right now, but possibly POSSIBLY later. That's not a no.

Well, I stand corrected.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby BlanketPI » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:06 pm

I spent a long time typing up something and by the time I was done, I got logged out due to spending too much time. Basically, there's a few things you didn't clarify on (How do you get Plorts? What's the set-up: Is it getting the most kills in a certain amount of time or fight to the death, for example?) and I think it'd be better set-up as something like Kirby: Battle Royale's Apple Scramble, where you collect resources from a range that everyone shares, and then drop them off in a Plort Market for Newbucks or something.

Some of the Plort ideas could use tweaking, and I think that the Plorts should all survive being used except that the Gold Plort which should require being hit by water very soon after it stops.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:11 pm

You get plorts by feeding slimes or buying them.
I don't know, it could be like a forever online server where everyone gets Newbucks for kills?
I don't think they should survive. If hit by water when in action, then they turn back into a plort.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby BlanketPI » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 am

Edit: You know, I just realized that my comment about finding this interesting and liking the general idea (and other such things) got eaten by being logged out. But I'm not going to let you know about that. *snickers evilly*

Noggy05 wrote:You get plorts by feeding slimes or buying them.
I don't know, it could be like a forever online server where everyone gets Newbucks for kills?
How many would you start out with? Is it expected that you'll have a lot of Newbucks to use each match? How much are we talking for each Plort? 1-10 or 10-150 (not counting Gold Plorts), for example? Would getting kills be a whole lot more than that? Are you able to use funds from other games? Is so, do you get more funds each game?

I don't think they should survive. If hit by water when in action, then they turn back into a plort.
I just think that there are a few important things to keep in mind:
-If you have something like the Pink Blocks be active for a limited amount of time, people might try to splash them with water briefly before they're done in order to reuse them.
-Using a Plort that hurts your opponent doesn't actually provide them with anything to attack back with, so if they're low on stuff, they'll just keep getting hammered. This way, it'd be more like dodgeball, if that makes sense.
-With my Apple Scramble-esque idea, not only are you using up a Plort as is, but it's not even normally helping you accomplish what you're trying to do, except in as much as it hinders your opponent. If you're low on stuff, this allows you to use the Plort and sell it later.

I'll also note that my idea with Quantum Plorts was that they trade places with you (but then I got logged out!), so the further you teleport, the further away from the Plort you'll be. There were a few other gimmicky ideas like that.

Also, some of the Plorts seem relatively useless...? Like, why use a Mosaic Plort (which only briefly makes a hurtbox that isn't very large, and only after a period of time) when you could use a Crystal Plort (which lasts longer and comes out right away)? Would Dervish Plorts carry players or just things (in which case, wouldn't Tangle be strictly better, aside from needing a different food)? Why use Pink for protection when you've got Rock? Same with Hunter, I imagine? And wouldn't Rad only be useful if you use a lot of them in the same area? Not to mention, Phosphor would only be useful if there were fog or something.

Also, Saber Plorts should totally transform into a Saber Slime while in midair and bite whomever it hits.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 am

BlanketPI wrote:Edit: You know, I just realized that my comment about finding this interesting and liking the general idea (and other such things) got eaten by being logged out. But I'm not going to let you know about that. *snickers evilly*

Noggy05 wrote:You get plorts by feeding slimes or buying them.
How many would you start out with? Is it expected that you'll have a lot of Newbucks to use each match? How much are we talking for each Plort? 1-10 or 10-150 (not counting Gold Plorts), for example? Would getting kills be a whole lot more than that? Are you able to use funds from other games? Is so, do you get more funds each game?

I just think that there are a few important things to keep in mind:
-If you have something like the Pink Blocks be active for a limited amount of time, people might try to splash them with water briefly before they're done in order to reuse them.
-Using a Plort that hurts your opponent doesn't actually provide them with anything to attack back with, so if they're low on stuff, they'll just keep getting hammered. This way, it'd be more like dodgeball, if that makes sense.
-With my Apple Scramble-esque idea, not only are you using up a Plort as is, but it's not even normally helping you accomplish what you're trying to do, except in as much as it hinders your opponent. If you're low on stuff, this allows you to use the Plort and sell it later.

I'll also note that my idea with Quantum Plorts was that they trade places with you (but then I got logged out!), so the further you teleport, the further away from the Plort you'll be. There were a few other gimmicky ideas like that.

Also, some of the Plorts seem relatively useless...? Like, why use a Mosaic Plort (which only briefly makes a hurtbox that isn't very large, and only after a period of time) when you could use a Crystal Plort (which lasts longer and comes out right away)? Would Dervish Plorts carry players or just things (in which case, wouldn't Tangle be strictly better, aside from needing a different food)? Why use Pink for protection when you've got Rock? Same with Hunter, I imagine? And wouldn't Rad only be useful if you use a lot of them in the same area? Not to mention, Phosphor would only be useful if there were fog or something.

Also, Saber Plorts should totally transform into a Saber Slime while in midair and bite whomever it hits.

The Saber part is really controversial. Goes against the lore.

The other parts, though, are really thought into, and I like your feedback!
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby BlanketPI » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:43 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:The Saber part is really controversial. Goes against the lore.
Well, I mean PvP isn't canon, is it? Utility mode isn't canon, right? Aside from that, if you wanted, it could be a Saber Largo, rather than a pure Saber Slime, even if that wouldn't be as funny....

And thanks! I wish I had my old post where I gave thoughts for what each of the Plorts could become.... I really like the ideas Noggy05 has. I just think they could use a little bit of reworking to make it come out as a mode in a professional game. Not that I think my adjustments are "professional" either.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby CoasterMan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Noggy05 wrote:
Lucky - INFINITE GODMODE

Lucky Slimes don’t produce any plorts
CoasterMan
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:40 pm

It's a joke.

INFINITE GODMODE
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Darko » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:21 pm

What a joke. This will NEVER BE A THING in this game lol. This is a single player adventure game not a PvP game.
Darko
Chickadoo

Postby Noggy05 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:17 am

If you don't have anything constructive to say please leave this thread.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Fishkeeper » Tue May 01, 2018 8:04 pm

It's interesting, but I'm not sure it fits the rest of the game. Among other things, why would the corporation providing all the equipment give us anything we could use to fool around with other Ranchers instead of being productive and gathering plorts? That's why we're on the planet, after all, the 7Zee corporation wants us to make money. Using up plorts on shooting each other would be the opposite of productive.
Plus, it's a relaxing game about exploration, ranching, and money-making. If multiplayer ever happens, it'll probably be cooperative, maybe puzzle-based. I sincerely doubt it'll be fighting each other.
Again, it's interesting, but I don't think it fits. It's not a bad idea, it just doesn't work with everything else.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Noggy05 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:10 am

Fishkeeper wrote:It's interesting, but I'm not sure it fits the rest of the game. Among other things, why would the corporation providing all the equipment give us anything we could use to fool around with other Ranchers instead of being productive and gathering plorts? That's why we're on the planet, after all, the 7Zee corporation wants us to make money. Using up plorts on shooting each other would be the opposite of productive.
Plus, it's a relaxing game about exploration, ranching, and money-making. If multiplayer ever happens, it'll probably be cooperative, maybe puzzle-based. I sincerely doubt it'll be fighting each other.
Again, it's interesting, but I don't think it fits. It's not a bad idea, it just doesn't work with everything else.

Thanks for being constructive.
Darko, you may take notes.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Yeah, death and deconstruction don't will not fit.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:57 pm

I know, it doesn't fit the story. But it would be fun.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:36 pm

Noggy05 wrote:I know, it doesn't fit the story. But it would be fun.

Maybe someone could make a mod.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Mon May 07, 2018 6:26 am

How many mods are there?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Darko » Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Noggy05 wrote:If you don't have anything constructive to say please leave this thread.

lol. looks like someone's mad.
Darko
Chickadoo

Postby Noggy05 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:33 am

Not mad. Just disappointed.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Noggy05 wrote:Not mad. Just disappointed.

Dats what my mom says...

...i'm going to cry in a hole now (jk just a joke)
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to General Discussion