What should happen with the "Broken Ancient Portal"?

A place to show the Monomi Park community your fan art and other creations

What should happen with the "Broken Ancient Portal"?

Postby DeadlyPandaPoo » Wed May 02, 2018 11:41 am

Every time I went to the Glass Desert, at the End area, the Ancient portal looks so cool. but it needs to be more part of the plot, because the guy said in the last note that he had to choose between love and adventure, and it seemed like his adventure would be through the weird ancient portal!!! I mean at least make the portal somehow fixable enough so we can use it, like maybe its a portal to anywhere in the world, or it rolls the end credits. Either way I would love to see your ideas of what we need to fix the portal and where it would take us.
DeadlyPandaPoo
Plort

Re: What should happen with the "Broken Ancient Portal"?

Postby Noggy05 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:59 pm

I do admit that I was disappointed that it didn't work at first, but I eventually came to realise that it's too symbolic to actually fix. The game wouldn't have a moral if it worked. I think that Hobson actually broke it in order to stop Bea from forever leaving behind what she loved.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Noggy05 wrote:I do admit that I was disappointed that it didn't work at first, but I eventually came to realise that it's too symbolic to actually fix. The game wouldn't have a moral if it worked. I think that Hobson actually broke it in order to stop Bea from forever leaving behind what she loved.

That is very true. This is bringing tears to my eyes... ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)ʕ ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°ʔ
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 pm

DeadlyPandaPoo wrote:Every time I went to the Glass Desert, at the End area, the Ancient portal looks so cool. but it needs to be more part of the plot, because the guy said in the last note that he had to choose between love and adventure, and it seemed like his adventure would be through the weird ancient portal!!! I mean at least make the portal somehow fixable enough so we can use it, like maybe its a portal to anywhere in the world, or it rolls the end credits. Either way I would love to see your ideas of what we need to fix the portal and where it would take us.

The entire point of the plot is that not everything needs a dramatic ending, and sometimes you should be happy with what you've got. To remove this aspect of the plot would remove the moral of the story and the power of the final Hobson note.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Return to Creative