The Little Big Storage Update Discussion Thread

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

The Little Big Storage Update Discussion Thread

Postby Kara » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:41 pm

The Little Big Storage Update is now live on PC!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6726

Please use this thread to discuss and offer feedback.
Kara
Developer

Re: The Little Big Storage Update Discussion Thread

Postby Noggy05 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:56 am

I would be glad for this, if it weren't for the fact that I tried to decorate my gold gordo with echoes and it just swallowed them all up. And for the fact that I like the way my door looks with all the ornaments, even if I can't quite get into the ranch house... At least I can put other things in it.

PS: Love the artwork for the update
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Raxel920 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:31 am

I don't really use silos, but I can see how this would be great for someone who likes to ride the plort market, or has a lot of echoes and ornaments. On the other hand, "Bursting at the seams" is now 3 times as hard to get.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:06 am

It definitely helps with the early game. I started a new file the other day partly because of this update to get the full experience using them. The additional space is a godsend. See, I'm one of those weirdos who has a specific layout in mind and refuses to use slimes and food until certain expansions are unlocked and storing them for later really helped.

Little bummed we can't store slimes still, but I never expected that to happen anyway. The update was very welcome. Thank you.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby treehugger0123 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am

The way my Ranch is set up, I only have room for one or two silos, so I never was able to go the "Wait until plorts are super expensive before selling them" route. Now that strategy might actually be viable, since two silos can store every plort type and have 8 leftover. Very happy about that. I'm also glad that we can store echoes now, since having two many of those in one area seemed to be what triggered the disappearing slimes bug for me.

I'm also glad that they fixed that annoying "jittering vacpack" bug XD

Raxel920 wrote:I don't really use silos, but I can see how this would be great for someone who likes to ride the plort market, or has a lot of echoes and ornaments. On the other hand, "Bursting at the seams" is now 3 times as hard to get.

Try 9 times, since not only does each silo have 3x the slots from before the update, but each slot has 3x the capacity. That said, I recall the changelog also saying that they revamped the achievement so you don't have to fill a silo with 3600 items to ping it--I'm assuming 400 would still be sufficent, but I have no way to test it as I've already pinged the achievement.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 am

it's actually 1.5x as hard. the details in-game says to fill each slot with 50 items. though now the title "bursting at the seams" hardly makes sense.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby BlanketPI » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 am

PrismSlime wrote:it's actually 1.5x as hard. the details in-game says to fill each slot with 50 items. though now the title "bursting at the seams" hardly makes sense.
Eh..., not quite. Do remember, especially early on, it's hard to carry 100 of a particular item, but you can definitely carry 3 at once. Sure, you need to bring more items, but it might still be fewer trips.
Also, yeah, it might make sense to rename it. Not sure what to, though. Hoarder, maybe?

I'm an Xbox One user, so I can't say what I think about it yet. But I'm sure it'll be soon.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:51 am

OH MY GOSH.

New update!
AWESOME
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Dragonslime » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:54 am

3,600 items can fit in a fully upgraded silo
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Dragonslime wrote:3,600 items can fit in a fully upgraded silo

Nice.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Drea74 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:31 am

GravityCat wrote:It definitely helps with the early game. I started a new file the other day partly because of this update to get the full experience using them. The additional space is a godsend. See, I'm one of those weirdos who has a specific layout in mind and refuses to use slimes and food until certain expansions are unlocked and storing them for later really helped.

Little bummed we can't store slimes still, but I never expected that to happen anyway. The update was very welcome. Thank you.

Not only can we not store slimes (makes sense that we can't as slimes have housing lol), but we can not store NOR plant Gilded Ginger. THAT last bit is the real bummer as Gilded Gingers are hard enough to find as it is. The reward for finding one should be the ability to plant it, even if the harvest is only 4 of the root veggies. We worked to find it, we should be able to store those very rare roots as well.
Drea74
Plort

Postby z0mbiesrock » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:13 am

10800 kookadobas are needed to max out a fully upgraded silo with nothing but tofu!

Drea74 wrote:
GravityCat wrote:It definitely helps with the early game. I started a new file the other day partly because of this update to get the full experience using them. The additional space is a godsend. See, I'm one of those weirdos who has a specific layout in mind and refuses to use slimes and food until certain expansions are unlocked and storing them for later really helped.

Not only can we not store slimes (makes sense that we can't as slimes have housing lol), but we can not store NOR plant Gilded Ginger. THAT last bit is the real bummer as Gilded Gingers are hard enough to find as it is. The reward for finding one should be the ability to plant it, even if the harvest is only 4 of the root veggies. We worked to find it, we should be able to store those very rare roots as well.

You can store gilded gingers in a silo or warp depot.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
z0mbiesrock
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Drea74 wrote:

Well, I mean, planting them sorta ruins the whole idea of exploring the glass desert from end to end to find it...
Also, Picture!
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/clans/11544764/22a06dae490db24f3ce889a5f581114ac2d2a601.png is the link.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Braincoke » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:25 am

I really love the silo update! I always wanted to store more and more items, but didn't want to use to many silos. It's so much easier now to complete Quests (you can store every food and plort 300 times to always have enough of them) and to store plorts to sell them later or use them for lab.
I also like the upgrade from 100 to 300 items for warp depots!
You did a really good job with this update, thanks!!
Braincoke
Plort

Postby Dragonslime » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:14 pm

can we get 150 slot in the vaccy boi please and more powerful succ
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Dragonslime wrote:can we get 150 slot in the vaccy boi please and more powerful succ

Yeah, it should be a 7Zee reward.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby DarkCreature97 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:
Dragonslime wrote:can we get 150 slot in the vaccy boi please and more powerful succ

That reward allows you to have a capacity of 100 items in one slot, not 150.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:53 pm

DarkCreature97 wrote:
GoldenLucky99 wrote:

GoldenLucky99 wrote:should
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby DarkCreature97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:49 am

GoldenLucky99 wrote:
DarkCreature97 wrote:
GoldenLucky99 wrote:

GoldenLucky99 wrote:should

Oh my bad.
I want more Slime Rancher tings fam.
DarkCreature97
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:04 am

GoldenLucky99 wrote:

That's 600 items, 1.5x the total capacity of the 100 Upgrade. What exactly are you trying to transport?
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:56 am

Or, maybe, in the vacpack, if one slot is full of, I dunno, cuberries, then you could fill the second slot with cuberries.

Basically, more than one slot could be filled with the same item.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Wed May 02, 2018 2:58 pm

thank you! that place in the nimble valley were you COULD get stuck, i got stuck in! I had to escape! there is also a place by the docks, and i got stuck there on my first day!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu May 03, 2018 4:39 am

In the retreat I had a silo made composing of completely Heart Beets, and now I can´t even fill one storage compartment! Jerry is gonna be happy!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!