[Feedback] FOV Adjustment Options / 3rd Person View

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

[Feedback] FOV Adjustment Options / 3rd Person View

Postby genericgirlname » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:47 am

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this as there is not a feedback only subforum, but I was wondering if there is a possibility of FOV adjustments/3rd person view options in the future?

The reason I think this addition would be valuable is that people who suffer from "VRMS" or "Videogame-Related Motion Sickness" would be better able to play this game. While I do experience motion sickness while playing Slime Rancher and other first person games, my motion sickness is more general than just video games (ie. it also occurs in cars when I'm not driving, also first person/wobbly cameras in movies cause this for me as well). That being said I have purchased Slime Rancher on steam and have played a few hours of it, and have found it to be very efficient at causing me to become nauseous and experience the other symptoms of motion sickness. (ooops!) This is unfortunate because I'm otherwise really enjoying Slime Rancher and am excited to experience the game as it is being developed, but I have had restrict playing to 20-25 minute blocks (which still cause me to become sick) and as the symptoms are very severe with this game (?? maybe because of gun bobbing?) I am unable to resume playing for many hours. :(

I think the addition of a FOV slider or 3rd person mode would help resolve this issue for me and any other people who experience this. However I recognize that a 3rd person mode is a much more difficult undertaking, namely because it requires that the targeting of the gun be tied to the player model instead of the camera and also the fact that a player model would have to be added to the game! With that in mind I think a FOV slider would be a good middle ground, even if during the early access period the arm/gun model was still floating/stretched in the air (yikes!) when the FOV is pulled back. This combined with the ability to toggle the gun bobbing motion would probably help make this game more accessible to those with difficulties playing first person games without clashing too badly with preexisting components of the game.
genericgirlname
Plort

Re: [Feedback] FOV Adjustment Options / 3rd Person View

Postby Heather » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:47 am

Welcome to our community genericgirlname, we hope you enjoy your time with us! Image

This is great feedback, you may find the topic linked below helpful as it addresses your questions, including insight from one of the game developers, Nick!
Third Person View?
Heather
Admin

Postby genericgirlname » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:55 am

Heather wrote:Welcome to our community genericgirlname, we hope you enjoy your time with us! Image

This is great feedback, you may find the topic linked below helpful as it addresses your questions, including insight from one of the game developers, Nick!
Third Person View?

Thank you! I don't know how I managed to miss that thread!
genericgirlname
Plort

Postby Heather » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:36 pm

genericgirlname wrote:Thank you! I don't know how I managed to miss that thread!

No worries you're new and there's a lot of activity lately to sort through... happy to help Image
Heather
Admin

Return to General Discussion