some ideas

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

some ideas

Postby windblade » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:01 am

not all are just ideas but also some fies that should have been implemented already
cocoa slime lamp should have the hunter slimer, and the silver parsnip should have its own slimepedia icon instead of a grey carrot
note: i wont request about things already planned or that everyone else is already asking for
ok aside that, here are the ideas

first, physical npcs,, for example, seeing mochi or ogden next to their respective "monitor" exchange machineswhatever they are called, also clicking on them maybe give random tips(of course related to their personalities or jobs or whatever) or even repeat some old conversations if one wants to hear them again(selectable option)
and when interacting on the range exchange, project a hologram of them or some of the other npcs
so one can feel like one is actually interacting with them

second, more face expresions for slimes, and eve combinations of mouts and eyes from the ones already available in game, also some more specific like, sleeping for example, finally, some slime specific faces, maybe some (chibi/anime) inspired faces and what not,

third, also some some new cute sounds for slimes, ok that on not that necesary, also, like for example when a hunter goes stealth or when one gets near a saber largo, why not a buzzing sound for the honey slimes, aside the other new cute sounds

fourth, some small particle effects, like, when pulling a vegetable getting dust pop up for a tiny bit, or feathers on the chickens and things like that, i have seen the dust effect appear when harfesting kookadobas but not the most obvious vegetables , so, there is that, small effects for things

finally a more useful map, how? for example, mark where the map icon was activated, or the H messages, or where does one have silos, corrals and so on, some specific markes without telling much information,just a simple icon so one gets to use better the map, also it doesnt even need to tell what does it contain what slime frout or what, (specially not on the areas out of the ranch, also only mark things one intract with, maybe where the icon of the map is, at least show some small information like what could probably grow there(only if one has interacted directly so it doesnt count having the fruit via the exchange or or an slime via other means, and so on) that way one could better plan a day ahead, where to go first, being inside or outside the ranch, if one needs really to move plot buildings or some information like that

so, wat do you people think about these ideas?
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Re: some ideas

Postby Braincoke » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:08 am

I really like your last idea! It would be very helpfull to add this (but everything toggle- able)
Braincoke
Plort

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:26 am

The first one wouldn't really make sense since the NPCs aren't in the same area. The hologram could work though.
The second, third and fourth ones aren't really needed?
The fifth one would be neat.

Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby windblade » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:47 pm

thanks, XD yes i know 2 and 3 are just weird options, but i though they would add a bit more of that "cute" flavour the game is already known for
4 is just because as i said, there are already some effects in the game and i found it weird that there were not always used in more common "areas"(like again, vegetables being picked and simmilar)
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Postby windblade » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:02 am

wanna add something, also, make the elder hen match the icon instead of just being a hen hen recolor, because well, the roostro is indeed a new model compared regular roostros but the hen hen is not
also, maybe finally use the top slot for slime accesories, i read they dont use them even if they are in the code, instead both hats and face accesories use the fornt slot)
also i dont know if a bug or a feature, but the crosshairs is sligly offset to the rigth top of where the vac actually shoots so amybe do something with that?
also, what about SOMETHING to prevent one from drowning in the ocean? SOMETHING, a floating device that costs both newbucks and plorts and resources but halves the time one is knocked out or something, that way it does something without completely making it completely avoidable, or even, emergency energy cells, who knows, something one can click on an emergency like those

mmm i just though, what about a FAKE tar, a grey or black, without the rainbow colors small slime that has a tarr face, and still scares other slimes(interestingly making them less likely to become a real tarr), also of course, carnivore, , and favorite roostros making them less easy to mantain because those are not easy to come by, also give most largos evil tarr faces, that would be so cute)also, they could be aggresive by default, like feral slimes just without the stomp attack, and also alwasy become feral when becoming largo, so a difficult slime that is only there to fill that need we have to domesticate a tarr XD
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Postby windblade » Mon May 07, 2018 5:02 pm

even more new ideas
XD
missions, weather, visual upgrades, new rewards, improved largos, INTERACTION

lets start with visual upgrades, i have noticed that even though most of the ranch is repaired and upgrade through the 7zee reward club, it still looks incomplete, also several other areas, well, what about being able to make the range look finished and polished, with specific tasks to do so, and finally get it to look PERFECT, even being able to paint it with the chromas already unlocked(and of course each area ould have to be ugraded itself to be able to unlock the new upgrades)

what about interacting more with slimes, since the main feature of the game is BEING CUTE, what about being able to interact with slimes other than transportinf them in the vacpack or feeding them(or not doing so), how?...honestly there are many ways, i just dont know wwhich ones could work here, but having options to TOUCH them, that would be so adorable, and make them feel more like pets instead boring cattle

weather, this would be more than just visuals, and no, no auto killing the tarr
i was doing my daily tasks and saw a random rotten fruit and realized, what if weather affected food types differently, that would make things less monotonous, but also give some urgency to the regular tasks, then i though, what if different weather affected slimes differently, hot dry days for example could keep fire slimes happy, but rainy days would make them easier to get stressed, and so on each weather could affect one or several slimes differently, even in the grotto, being too low or too hight the temperature affect them, largos as are only 2 types, could be even more interesting options, also this could reflect in the wild as well making tings a bit more difficult, weather could be toggled off or something and of course not have effects aside viually in casual mode

finally, MISSIONS, unlike range exchange, (through they would be randomly available trhough its communicator) woulr require to do sertain tasks in the wilds, for example, (yes some might seem like generic missions, but hear me out), feed x numer of wild slimes, creat certain types of largos in the wild, destroy number of super tarr or something like that, move x number of certain slimes form point a to point b, and rewards could be tied to the difficulty of the mission, now onto those rewards

curios, specially curios, also rememer i said use the unused feature of front and top slots for accesories? well it could finally be a reason to introduce that, face curios(also categorize old ones that fit there) and hat curios(same thing) give access to new ones, and sicne now one would want to give 2 curios to each slimes combined with new ones that would already be reason enough to get them as reqards or get resources, who knows, that opens a lot of new options for slime customization, so getting a single curio from missions would be incentive enough

well , improved largos is something i though when looking at some of them specially cat based slimes, then i though, what if each face had the mouth design :3 instead of a :D for every expression? then i though, some largos are effectively a mix between details of both slime types but most are just one slime with the colors and one characteristic of the other one, so, what about making them more, "combined" for example, dervish honey could be for the most part the same but instead have its ring still be purple (yeah that doesnt sound like much but hey , thats why these are just ideas and not features( YET), tabby pink, could be the same but with gret markings instead of the darker pink they currently have, things like that
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Postby EmeraldPlay » Tue May 08, 2018 4:39 am

Weather was once a feature, but it was removed.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby windblade » Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 am

EmeraldPlay wrote:Weather was once a feature, but it was removed.

i know but it was only cosmetic, i wanted to expand on it
there are still so many unused features that would be cool if they brought back
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Postby Randomtangle » Tue May 08, 2018 5:05 am

You know that gate that's unlock able? You should be able to close it.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Raxel920 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:40 am

Randomtangle wrote:You know that gate that's unlock able? You should be able to close it.

...Why?
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby windblade » Tue May 08, 2018 8:43 am

Randomtangle wrote:You know that gate that's unlock able? You should be able to close it.

what does that even have to do with anything in this post?
i am the "third" plort
windblade
Chickadoo

Return to General Discussion