My slime's keep disappearing

Help for your technical issues with Slime Rancher

My slime's keep disappearing

Postby Darko » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:04 am

Xbox One Issue

My slime's keep disappearing whenever I come back from doing something. Like I'll have 8 largos in each of my pen's. when I leave there's 8 but when I come back there's some how 5, 4 or 3. Even If I replenish the number's it still happen's. This is obviously a bug that is game breaking. Anyone else have this problem?

2nd problem I've seen is Tabby slime's (normal or largo) activity ceases after a while and they'll just stand there. they wont even eat (unless the food is right next or under them) or play. has anyone notice that too?
Darko
Chickadoo

Re: My slime's keep disappearing

Postby BlanketPI » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:21 am

I tell a lot of people about my experience with this, but it may well not be your problem....

One time, I was looking at my Tangle Honey Largos playing with a Sol Mate (Slime Toy), and three of them pushed the Sol Mate further into the corner, where the fourth Largo was, and suddenly the fourth one disappeared, because it had been pushed inside something solid. Slime Toys may be a problem. I don't know if they fixed that one. It's also possible that other things can push Slimes into that corner, such as food, Plorts, or even other Slimes, though I haven't witnessed it.

Either way, having just 3 Largos in a Corral is usually safe, and 4 will last a while. 5 usually results in a disappearance every few days. I've never dared to go above that. I will note that I've never had that problem with Fire Slimes nor Puddle Slimes, so it may either specifically be with Largos, require more of the smaller Slimes, or not be part of those two's behavior.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby Obaba » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 am

I have never had issues with regular slimes, fire or puddles in enclosures.
My free range slimes don't seem to have an issue either, except jumping into the slime sea, which I can at least see.
I may remove my toys and see if that helps.
Obaba
Plort

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:51 pm

This actually has happened to me. I have your sympathy, but I don't know what causes this either.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Quantum1379 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:37 am

I’m dealing with the same issues as well! My largos have been disappearing left and right, and its really getting annoying. I’ve stopped playing the game until this bug is fixed.
Quantum1379
Plort

Postby treehugger0123 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 am

Been there, done that. It seems to be more likely to happen when I go through the teleporters to the Manor or Retreat, so I always have to do headcounts(though I recently set up separate teleporters to those areas, so I'll find out soon which is to blame). I only have four slimes per corral, so when one vanishes it's very noticeable. This happened long before I got slime toys, so I doubt that's the issue.

I also recall it happening more frequently in an older save before I moved my echoes from the Ranch to the Retreat, which led me to believe that it was a memory issue--slimes vanished if the comp had to load too much.

Doesn't help that I'm kinda sentimentally attached to my Pink slimes--they're the ones you find bouncing around your Ranch when you first start the game, so they've been with me literally since the beginning. As such, when one vanishes, I tend to be more inclined to revert to the previous save than just replace them.
treehugger0123
Rancher

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Sorry that I may be necroing, but this has really become a problem.

I used to have 3 Boom Phosphor, but one by one, they disappeared. Then out of my 3 Quantum Tabbies , 2 left the coral without a trace. My Pink Phosphors have gone away as well. I have noticed most of these are phosphors, and believe me, I have the Solar Shield.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 am

Major necro but did they by any chance have a slime you?
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Return to Technical Support