"the further-further range"

Share your original Slimepedia entries

"the further-further range"

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 pm

an email appears from Hobson twillgers once Beatrix (you, the player.) has completed everything story based the game has to offer (you've beaten the game, got the highest 7zee corp level, and done all the quests for the npcs) he talks about his life with Thora and talks about how he wouldn't do anything to change it. but his email gets a bit serious as he asks for a favour, "Do the thing i didn't dare to do, go beyond, go further. further than the far far range. i hope you understand what this means."

if the player understands, they will go the the glass desert and find the warp pad at the end, shining brighter then ever before, it entrances Beatrix and lures her towards it before it pulls it inside of it.
the screen fades out.

once the screen has faded out, beatrix will awaken in a brand new location,

The Further Further Range

Somewhere lost between time and space.

The further further range is a strange place. it seems to be able to bypass time and space, every turn you make will always be diffrent. the continent is ever-shifting at a extremly fast rate. creating islands. and mountains.

Places able to be found/made in the further further range:
Salty springs
the shallow reef
mist-ical Rainforest
smoggy swamps
The shining cave
the foggy blanket.
Floating Fountains

The Shallow Reef

"a once grand reef belittled by time."

gadget sites: 76

unique resources:
saline seawater,
crusted coral

Unique foods:
frilly pad
saline seapod

A dying reef unaware of its impeding fate. Perhaps the dry reef before the mass drying event?

slimes:
Clam slime
salt slime
puddle slime
rock slime

Clam slime:

I dont think we want to be sticking any things in that.

Diet:
Vegetables and fruit

Favourite:
Frillypad

Slimelogy
With a thick outer casing, the clam slime is an impenetrable fortress. believed to be the hardiest slimes in all of existence! carbon dating of slime fossils containing clam slimes show that a few thousand years ago, during the great drying. All of the clam slimes evolved into a new terrestrial lifestyle. into the much more common pink slime.

Rancher Risks
Their thick shell doesnt only exist as a shield. it weighs the down the slime making it harder to suck into your vacpack.as well as using it as a mouth, crunching and furiously snapping down on anything that looks like food. if it locks onto you. its stuck on there for good.

Plortonomics
Clam plorts are practically indestinguishable from pink slime plorts. making them sell for very cheap on the market. however, slimeologists that live off the slime black-market will willingly take them off your hands for a very good price

price
market:

black market:

Salt Slime

one pinch of salt, and Voila!

Diet:
vegetables

Favourite:
Saline seapod

Slimeology:
you would think that with an excess amount of salt in the water. it would create inhospitable conditions for any creature to live in. but luckily you're wrong. strangely enough. the life has adapted to overcome the salty problem, with one species of fauna even deriving nutrients from the salt. strangely enough salt slimes are able to keep their rigid cubic shape. even in turbulent currents.

Rancher risks:
just being around salt slimes induces high blood pressure. their faces of disappointment and judgment is enough to stress out even the toughest of ranchers. this makes any rancher become alot more quick on their feet and jittery. this may seem like a good thing, but guess again. having your rancher run around while shaking like a lunatic would scare anyone, even slimes! (the slimes will have suprised facial expressions and try to run away. as if you were a tarr)

Plortonomics:
salt slimes are still used to this day, as a commercial way to produce heaps and heaps of salt,

Plort value:

frilly pad

Vegetable
Favoured by:
Clam slime

with elegant frills. clam slimes will eagerly try to leap into the surface of the water to eat some delicious frilly pads. however their heavy shells make this almost impossible. as they sink down to the bottom of the water. leaving frillypads with time to multiply until the next wave of clam slimes begin to feast.

Saline Seapod

Vegetable
Favoured by:
salt slime

despite their names, saline seapods are not a type of peapod, but instead a type of seaweed. their little bumps on the exterior are what give it its name. using its membrane. it sucks in salt into these bumps which act as little farms, growing bacteria which the seapod feeds on. if one of these bumps were popped. an extremly salty solution would come out, as well as billions of microbes.

im planning on doing some of the other locations later. so we'll just have to wait
Last edited by TurtleDuDe48 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: "the further-further range"

Postby Dragonslime » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 pm

THIS IS FRICKEN GREAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm

the salty springs:

"Natures soup."

Gadget sites: 35

unique resources:
jelly soup (pump)

unique foods:
Broth (Stored in your water tank)

a naturally occurring soup, made due to an excess of vegetables.

slimes:
broth slime
meatball slime
salt slime
pink slime
phosphor slime

Food:
carrots
oca oca
heat beets.
odd onion
henhen
roostro
silver parsnip

unique plot
Pot

Cost:

for cooking up some delicious broth

How to use:
the pot must be constantly filled with fresh vegetables and meat, while having rotten pieces taken out. it can be heated up to three stages. low, medium and high. low will keep your slimes happier for longer, however they will produce less plorts, and high is for faster broth and plorts.

Broth slime:

MOM! THE SOUP IS ALIVE!?!

Diet:
Broth

Favourite:
None

slimeology

a distant cousin of the puddle slime. it has adapted to using broth as a food source instead of water. over time, their already thin membrane has gotten weaker and weaker. to the point where anything remotely sharp/hard can pierce it. however, this isn't a problem to the broth slime because it lives in such a big area. this thin membrane has actually helped it get more nutrition in and more excretions out.

rancher risks:

aside from being a much more unstable version of the puddle slime. broth slimes need constant heat and broth to stay alive.

Plortonomics:

The plorts of these slimes are delicious and never go bad, making them a go too food for adventurous campers

Plort value:

meatball and spaghetti slime

I hear someone made a religion about this.

Diet:
Broth

Favourite:
None

Slimeology:
yes. it is the meatball And spaghetti slime. over a few million years. these two slimes have learned to co-exist and help one another. the meatball slime produces a sticky substance which allows the spaghetti slime to stick onto any surface and climb or swim anywhere.

Rancher risks:
with their great mobility. meatball slimes should not be put into a normal pot. with no lid it will easily escape into the slime sea.

plortonomics:
meatball and spaghetti slime plorts are almost always put into instant noodle packages.

plort value:

all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:50 am

Nice ideas.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Although I love the ideas, and that pixel art makes me way too happy, I must point out an issue - not just with your post, but with many in this forum.

The ending to the game is effective because the game builds up to what seems like a grand event but then the true moral of the story arises. To allow further contact with Hobson after the ending would break this device, lessening the effect of the ending.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:54 pm

This is awesome! I know you spent a lot of work on this, and good work, too!
TurtleDuDe48 wrote:Salty springs

SALTY SPRINGS.
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Postby Raxel920 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Although I love the ideas, and that pixel art makes me way too happy, I must point out an issue - not just with your post, but with many in this forum.

The ending to the game is effective because the game builds up to what seems like a grand event but then the true moral of the story arises. To allow further contact with Hobson after the ending would break this device, lessening the effect of the ending.

Lots of games have post-game content, and all the ones I've seen don't have this issue.

However, I can see how him talking about his life with Thora would mess it up, so perhaps it would have to be more to the point. Maybe he had been afraid that he couldn't go back, but he had been working on a device, a "lifeline", that would allow him to come back, that he never got to use because he got too old before finishing it.
Raxel920
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:29 pm

GoldenLucky99 wrote:This is awesome! I know you spent a lot of work on this, and good work, too!
TurtleDuDe48 wrote:Salty springs

SALTY SPRINGS.

"hey guys imma drop tilted towers, im gonna try to get that minigun"
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Dragonslime » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 pm

please dont
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 am

Fortnite dubs are the most important part of social status.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!