Can we all agree that plort collectors for ponds would be A+

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Can we all agree that plort collectors for ponds would be A+

Postby Kataztrophie » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:56 am

A plort collector for ponds (and also for incinerators) would be pretty neato.

Pros:

* No more having to suck up the slimes while trying to get plorts.
* This means fashion pods can stay on unless you deliberately vac your slimes, so puddle slimes can stay wearing their sun glasses at their pool party
* No more having to get into the ash tray with fire slimes to get their plorts. fire is hurty and this means not getting hurt.
* Also no more of your slimes bouncing out, doubling the amount of time it takes for you to collect their plorts, put them back in their thing, get them when they bounce out, and put them back where they belong (again)

Cons:
* The devs are very hard working people and this is probably a lot easier said than done
* In the time spent implementing a plort collector upgrade for these slimes, they could be working on actual content
* What about the built in pond at the docks? How would a plort collector go on that?
Kataztrophie
Chickadoo

Re: Can we all agree that plort collectors for ponds would b

Postby EmeraldPlay » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:49 am

It would make ponds require even less maintenance than they already do.
No.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Kataztrophie » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:21 pm

EmeraldPlay wrote:It would make ponds require even less maintenance than they already do.
No.

My proposal is that it be an upgrade, the same way corral plort collectors are. No one would be making you use it.

Also, it's annoying as all heck to have to suck up puddle slimes, taking off their fashion pods, and put them back (which, putting them back takes trying about three times because they bounce out). I just want my dampbois to keep their eyes safe.
Kataztrophie
Chickadoo

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:06 am

To keep them in when fired, try standing on the edge of the pond and firing them straight down. Also, puddle plorts can generally be collected without sucking up the slimes. Just have 3 vacpack slots full, carefully target a plort and suck it up, then stand in the middle of the pond to suck up the rest of the plorts. The slimes bounce off of you and back into the pond.

The trouble with plort collectors is puddle and fire slimes are already extremely low-maintenance, especially puddles. If ponds came with plort collectors, you could stock 20 upgraded ponds with puddle slimes and have a constant stream of plorts with no need to grow food or do anything other than collect the plorts.

I'd rather see walls around incinerators and ponds to keep the slimes in so they don't bounce so badly when put back in. It wouldn't make them any lower-maintenance, just less annoying to put 20+ fire slimes back.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:42 am

Fishkeeper wrote:I'd rather see walls around incinerators and ponds to keep the slimes in so they don't bounce so badly when put back in. It wouldn't make them any lower-maintenance, just less annoying to put 20+ fire slimes back.

All of my this.

The recent update to make them bouncier just made me not want to collect their plorts at all because they're such a pain in the tuchus to put back into the trough. Even when stood on top of the incinerator and shooting at the corner of the trough, they can still get out and it is just taxing.

Instead I just splash them with water to intentionally burst their plorts.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby PrismSlime » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:17 am

personally i really like needing to have a more delicate touch to gather the plorts of the sensitive little guys. i've gotten really good at getting only the plorts, and never had trouble getting them back in without them bouncing out. you just gotta aim for the inside edges where the water meets the wall, and where the ash meets the heating device. though puddle slimes i only keep in the spring at the docks anyway so a collector wouldn't really help me.
If you want a Gordo as big as possible before starting to tremble, feed it 21 of any food that isn't its favorite!

*I make a note to only post original ideas that I haven't seen others suggest.
PrismSlime
Keeper

Postby GravityCat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:08 am

PrismSlime wrote:you just gotta aim for the inside edges where the water meets the wall, and where the ash meets the heating device.

I do this and they can still bounce out even if only one is placed in the Incinerator.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 pm

The only way I can keep fire slimes inside with decent reliability (60%) is to stand on the corner of an empty trough and fire them straight down, getting hit in the face when they bounce, and /then/ fill the trough up with food.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby BlanketPI » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:25 pm

For Fire Slimes/Incinerators, I usually stand outside toward the middle of a side and aim for the not-quite bottom of the corner of the thing in the middle. Usually the the Fire Slimes just spin into the corner or each other, and I've done it for up to five, so you can probably use this to get 20 in there. Considering that the ash tray can only store 20 units of ash, I don't think there'd be a reason to keep more than 20 Fire Slimes there, so that should be sufficient (hopefully).
BlanketPI
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:03 pm

If you put a bunch of slimes into an empty tray that's been empty for awhile, they're hungry, and they eat immediately when you put food in. I can get 40+ plorts at a time by doing that.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:34 am

I need this, if I accidentally suck the puddle slimes into my vac-pak, They lose their crowns!
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Fore fire slimes I can see this being ok, since they already have the maintenance of feeding them, but puddles? That just breaks them
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby BlanketPI » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:52 am

Someone suggested having an option to not be able to pick up heavy stuff (Slimes, Tarr, nor Slime Toys) with your vacpack. I think that'd make more sense, frankly.
BlanketPI
Rancher

Return to General Discussion