Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Tarr Puddle.png
Tarr Puddle.png (14.43 KiB) Viewed 8315 times

Tarr Blob Slime

"AUGH- wait, no, maybe this one's OK."

Diet:
Plorts

Favorite Food:
Plorts eaten while sitting in a pool of goop.

Slimeology:
Tarr Blob Slimes are similar in shape and motion to Puddle slimes. They sometimes appear when a Tarr eats a slime and then is immediately dispersed with water, and are assumed to be the semi-digested prey slime. They show no signs of distress, and will slide about on the ground until they eventually disperse. Due to their notable chromatic appearance and familiar scent, other slimes mistake them for Tarrs and flee.

Rancher Risks:
Tarr Blob Slimes, unlike most other slimes, feed on plorts. This is annoying, to say the least, when attempting to gather plorts in the wild. Also, their diet and their lack of self-awareness can make them unfortunate to encounter, as they often pursue fleeing slimes in search of plorts. This can easily cause a stampede of slimes fleeing the unwitting source of their fear.

Plortonomics:
Tarr Blob plorts, when they can be collected, are exceedingly useful for their incredible stickiness. The plorts can be mixed with various other substances to make either permanent glue, extremely long-lasting outdoor paint, roofing covers, or road pavement, and, unlike true Tarr substances, are nontoxic.

These would be considered fairly rare, since you generally have to intentionally create one by waiting for a Tarr to feed and then immediately killing it. Plorts would probably be at least in the 60-125 range. They could theoretically be found in any area, and would have a very small chance of resulting naturally from a Tarr that eats a slime and then runs out of time and poofs into nothingness right before it digests the slime.

They'd be housed in a new Gadget, which would be outwardly similar to an Incinerator and tray, but would have a fountain of what looks like Tarr goop instead of the column of fire. Plorts thrown into the fountain would be turned into a layer of goop in the tray, like how food into the Incinerator produces ash. To feed the Tarr Blobs housed inside, you give them plorts- the kind is unimportant. They wouldn't have a favorite food. Their toy could be something like a mammoth skull, a reference to IRL tar pits trapping animals.

They'd vanish eventually if not housed in the Tarr Pit, in a similar amount of time to actual Tarrs. While healthy, they'd slide around on the ground, following (and terrifying) other slimes in search of plorts. Like the Tarrs, they might be able to throw out tendrils and reel in nearby plorts, but plorts reeled in wouldn't cause the Tarr Blobs to produce plorts. They only produce plorts if fed the Tarr goop that comes out of the Tarr Pit fountain.

Actual Tarr probably wouldn't eat these guys, but there would be no risk of a Tarr Blob overpopulation, since they vanish pretty quickly unless artificially housed by a Rancher. They aren't really a species of slime, per se, they're what happens when a slime isn't fully digested and transformed by a Tarr.

I think these guys could potentially be really pretty, which would be great since Tarr are gorgeous but not exactly something you can display. They'd also be a good solution to the "combined a hard-to-feed slime with a Rock slime for easy feeding but now have too many Rock plorts" situation, as they could be fed lower-value plorts. And, being un-Largo-able and too scary to steal plorts from, they'd be safe to place near Tangle slimes.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Re: Tarr Blob Slime, AKA Tarr Junior, and Tarr Pit

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Nice idea.
Welcome to the forums!
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 am

IY LIEC DE IYDEEA
-Sam Vlasenko (real name)
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Location: stuck is in the glass desert, finding my 18 gilded ginger

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:05 am

Oh, My first post was about tarr pits.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:32 am

I hadn't seen that. Just looked it up, and it does sound cool.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:35 am

During my quest to make every slime a tarr largo (and the tarr a pink slime) I made something that resembles your idea.

Just so you know it still behaved like a regular puddle slime, but I could have made it behave like your slime idea too (except for the goop pool part and how it spawns).

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:45 am

How do you do this?
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 am

Modding.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Randomtangle wrote:How do you do this?

Magic.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Fishkeeper » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 am

That is really, really cool.

I've seen some of your modding work before, and it always amazes me. I'm surprised nobody's tried to hire you, for this or for something else.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am

Well, the stuff I have been modding was usually already in the game. Now, if I were to make something using my own assets, that would be something.

-----
Links:
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 pm

How would you get them in casual mode?
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby Fishkeeper » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Oh, that's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Maybe they could have a chance to appear out of crates, but only in Casual mode? Or they could be the first slime that you can get over the Ranch exchange, with Casual-exclusive trade offers that get you a Tarr Blob.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Return to Slime Design