idea for saber slimes

Share your original Slimepedia entries

idea for saber slimes

Postby Chrisn30 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:32 am

I know the saber slimes are supposed to be extinct and everything but maybe there could be a slime science machine that can take the DNA from the saber largos and split them apart cloning a normal saber slime. another idea I had was for a slime science machine that can make dinosaur slimes using slime fossils these dinosaur slimes would be unable to form largo slimes except with each other because their DNA is too different from the rest of the slimes and they would be able to follow you around like a pet this could also maybe be used with saber plorts to clone a normal saber slime
Chrisn30
Plort

Re: idea for saber slimes

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am

My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby GlaciumFracture » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 am

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:Image

taking that, thank you
We always need more crystal slimes. ALWAYS.
GlaciumFracture
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:16 pm

The idea is interesting, but fossils are dead organisms that have been replaced entirely by minerals. There's no DNA left in a fossil, it's just rock.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 am

Fishkeeper wrote:The idea is interesting, but fossils are dead organisms that have been replaced entirely by minerals. There's no DNA left in a fossil, it's just rock.

not entirely true there, but the issue here is that each slime has a concept or theme which if we made this a thing it would remove the entire theme of the saber slime... not only that it would also be pretty dang pointless
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 am

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
Fishkeeper wrote:The idea is interesting, but fossils are dead organisms that have been replaced entirely by minerals. There's no DNA left in a fossil, it's just rock.

not entirely true there...

What exactly do you mean by that? Most fossils are entirely sedimentary rock, particularly limestone.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby Fishkeeper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:23 pm

There have been some recent discoveries of what, by all evidence, is soft tissue (collagen) in dinosaur fossils, but no DNA has yet been found. Plus, it's inside the bones. Slimes have no bones. We have octopus fossils, and they're just flat imprints, there's never been an invertebrate fossil found with anything remotely resembling soft tissue. They sometimes retain pigment, and the octopus fossils above have ink in the rock around them, but nothing containing DNA.

A cool, if unrelated fact: Shark teeth are coated in enamel. Fossilized shark teeth still have that enamel. If you hold a fossilized shark tooth, you're holding a fossil (rock) coated in material from an animal that's been dead for up to 400 million years.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

TheGreciansHousehold wrote:
Purplecharmanderz wrote:

not entirely true there...

What exactly do you mean by that? Most fossils are entirely sedimentary rock, particularly limestone.

fish keeper covered it in more detail...
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm working on something like that. That is, if I'll find out how to make the game recognize it as an identifiable object...
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Noggy05 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 pm

This would kind of ruin the lore of the saber slime. Unless you have a choice, like with Emerald's mod, it would defeat the backstory of the slime.
Lionmeow made my avatar!

Thanks for three amazing years.
I'm not active here anymore, email me at thatsnosquirrel@gmail.com or add me on discord at Comically Overpowered Greela#5756 if you want to talk to me.
Noggy05
Keeper

Postby GoldenLucky99 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:08 am

I agree with Noggy.

I do like the idea of a fossil generator though. Maybe you could collect them?
GoldenLucky99
Treefox

Return to Slime Design