Directed at Devs

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Directed at Devs

Postby Diablomaster761 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:51 am

The game you have made is great, ive been playing it since 0.6.0. Ive loved the game since i found its game preview on xbox. Ive still got the same world since 0.6.0. Although i do have an issue with the game. The gilded ginger is far too hard to find. Ive spent days searching every nook and cranny of the glass desert. Please please add a gadget you can get ingame which will beep kinda like a metal detector. Further away you are from the gilded ginger the fewer the beeps, the closer you are, the more the beeps. Ive seen this suggestion around this site and i would really like this added into the game. Ive spent too much time into trying to find it. Ive got other things i could be doing but all i want, is just a gilded ginger. Even if you implement the gadget into being something you get from the wilds or at the end ‘portal’ area at the back of the glass desert.

~your sincerely
Joshua
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Re: Directed at Devs

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:59 am

lol i have 16 gilded gingers
-Sam Vlasenko (real name)
if you see this, you cannot see the other one
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Location: stuck is in the glass desert, finding my 18 gilded ginger

Postby Diablomaster761 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:07 am

ILoveTurtles891 wrote:lol i have 16 gilded gingers

How tf do you have 16. Ive probably spent about 12 real life hours THIS WEEK just looking for one. You’re either really lucky or you’re a hacker
Im just some guy on the internet who has been playing slime rancher since about january 2017
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:18 am

Diablomaster761 wrote:

How tf do you have 16. Ive probably spent about 12 real life hours THIS WEEK just looking for one. You’re either really lucky or you’re a hacker

it really isnt that hard, just requires you to find a strategy that works first. i have a friend who has ground out at least 446 gilded ginger.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Diablomaster761 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:
Diablomaster761 wrote:

it really isnt that hard, just requires you to find a strategy that works first. i have a friend who has ground out at least 446 gilded ginger.

Im just tempted to ask one of my friends on xbox to do it for me. Ive been across the whole of the glass desert many times, watched many ways on youtube but never found one. And your friend must have over 500 days, coz it can only be 1 per day and by the time he got to the place, he was prob around 60 - 70 days
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Yeah he is well into the days, sleeping and teleporters help a lot. Though you can get to the glass desert day 2 without jumping gates or day 1 with jumping gates
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby rabbitslime » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:44 am

Try making a trail that passes through most gilded ginger spots in one search. You'll have a 1 in 2 chance of finding one along the way.
There are sites that map gilded gingers spots that were uncovered.
rabbitslime
Rancher

Postby ziulyx » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Gilded Gingers work by having multiple different exact spots it can grow and each day the game randomly chooses one of them. If you know all of the locations there should be a guaranteed chance of finding 1 per day.
ACAB
ziulyx
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:36 am

ziulyx wrote:Gilded Gingers work by having multiple different exact spots it can grow and each day the game randomly chooses one of them. If you know all of the locations there should be a guaranteed chance of finding 1 per day.

needs a bit more set up to that due to time, but a couple well placed teleporters and your good
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Diablomaster761 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:16 pm

rabbitslime wrote:Try making a trail that passes through most gilded ginger spots in one search. You'll have a 1 in 2 chance of finding one along the way.
There are sites that map gilded gingers spots that were uncovered.

Ive went onto google and even got a picture which shows all the locations, then I searched many game days around the map, going across most of them per day before it got to 18:00 in game. and then I still couldn't find it. Ive just given up on searching for it.
Diablomaster761
Rancher

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 am

Diablomaster761 wrote:

this is because I know almost all the locations of the gilded ginger
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 am

Diablomaster761 wrote:Ive went onto google and even got a picture which shows all the locations, then I searched many game days around the map, going across most of them per day before it got to 18:00 in game. and then I still couldn't find it. Ive just given up on searching for it.

here is the URL of the gilded ginger locations:

http://slimerancher.wikia.com/wiki/Gild ... /Locations
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:31 pm

I suggest restoring every oasis, that causes a bunch more veggie plots to appear.

One oasis, tucked under a bunch of stuff, has Hunter slimes and a lot of Tangle slimes, and there's a plot there that seems to spawn Gilded Gingers pretty often.

When you find a veggie plot, look for something that looks sorta like a carrot, but with thinner leaves, and has tiny sparkles around it. They don't pop out of the ground all sparkly, you have to find them and pull them out.

It takes some looking around and some luck, but you can get them. I've gotten 4 with just the occasional casual check.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby EmeraldPlay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:47 pm

The gilded gingers do not appear in spots where regular veggies grow.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:07 pm

I've found 3 of mine up next to other veggies, but that's good to know. My bad.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby ILoveTurtles891 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:07 pm

I just found my 18th gilded ginger today (2/22/18)
ILoveTurtles891
Rancher

Return to General Discussion