The Terrible Typhoon

Share your original Slimepedia entries

The Terrible Typhoon

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:59 pm

The Terrible Typhoon

"Dervish slimes love it."

The terrible typhoon is a new area connected to The Crazy Coast (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6406) via teleporter, and is essentially a huge hurricane in the middle of nowhere in the slime sea. However, the actual unique stuff about it is that the hurricane has never ended, and it has a set of floating islands in the eye of it. In addition, the eye is home to a small variety of slimes that have adapted to the floating islands, and is also home to new foods too. WARNING: A jetpack and at least 150 energy is REQUIRED to navigate this place. Slimes: Pink, Rock, Phosphor (Night,) Dervish (Rare,) Eagle Slime, Sound slime (Rare.) Resources: Pogofruit, Carrot, Hen-hen, Cuberry, Bold Hen (Eagle slime favorite,) Rockin' Radish (Sound slime favorite)

Eagle Slime
"AMERICA."
Diet: Meat
Favorite: Bold Hen.
Slimeology: Eagle slimes are a unique breed of slime, mainly because they have wings that allow them to fly, or rather glide. They also are more likely to steal food from other slimes by swooping down and stealing it via their beaks.
Rancher Risks: Eagle slimes do NOT like to be grounded and unable to fly, and will get grumpy. Install the "Updraft Floor" Upgrade in corrals to make the eagle slimes happy, but they WILL escape if the corral doesnt have high walls. In addition, eagle slimes largos become feral if they dont go gliding for too long.
Plortonomics: Eagle plorts are used to make wings of jets, planes, and other things stronger. How it works, scientists dont know.

Sound Slime
"TURN. UP. THE. BASS."
Diet: Vegetables
Favorite: Rockin Radish
Slimeology: Sound slimes are another unique slime, because they have the ability to produce loud burts of sound. They use this ability dubbed "Boomburst" to launch themselves across the gaps between islands in the terrible typhoon, and also use it to stun and weaken tarr in the area when threatened by one. Also, as a side note: They look like a purple slime with headphones on. Where has this been seen before? :^)
Rancher risks: A sound slime will get grumpy without a music box upgrade, and a grumpy sound slime is going to make more bursts of loud noise that agitate non-sound slimes and ruin your hearing for a moment. In addition, when all of their hope is lost without a music box, they will try to boomburst their way out of their corral, and escape.
Plortonomics: Sound plorts are used to create premium quality music discs so DJ's all over earth can turn up the bass to a new, cooler level.
Im good friends with emeraldplay, who's a Slime rancher modding god.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Re: The Terrible Typhoon

Postby JasontheBasin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm

Bold hen
"Bolder than a rock slime."
Resource type: Meat
Description: Bold hens are a hen that stand up for themselves, and have a special ability different from other hens, where they will stare boldly at the closest slime to them, scaring them away (unless its a slime that is REALLY hungry.)

Rockin' Radish
"Keeping the groove, one beet at a time."
Resource type: Vegetable
Description: The Rockin' radish is a vegetable favored by the sound slime, and is actually pretty... plain? Scientists have found nothing interesting about it, which is very sad...

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby Fishkeeper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Your idea is really interesting, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a chicken variant that doesn't let slimes eat unless they're starving. I like to keep my slimes well-fed and producing plorts as often as possible. Maybe Eagle slimes are immune to the stare?

Also, keep in mind that we know nothing about what Earth is like in Slime Rancher. America might not exist any longer. Maybe the Eagle slime's tagline can be "FREEEDOOOOOOM" instead?

How does the constant hurricane affect the area? Do you get blown around?
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby JasontheBasin » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Now that I think about it, eagle slimes SHOULD be immune to the stare, and their flavor text should indeed be freedom.
Also, No you dont get blown around. The floating islands are inside of the eye of the storm, which is calm.

HAIL HIM.
JasontheBasin
Keeper

Postby BobTheBuilderCARL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:33 am

I think it is a great idea! But I'm not so sure about the Bold Hen.
BobTheBuilderCARL
Rancher

Postby Dragonslime » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:48 pm

i like the bold hen idea i can just imagine a pink slime going to eat it and it turns around and just stares it down with the most serious face that would be amazing
The rare but elusive dragon slime

255 limit sucks
I am multitude of things
Rancher
Explorer deluxe
Half time terrarian
Half time inventor
Full time toa hero
1/4 book writer
Dragonslime
Rancher

Postby kenedy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Great to see that there is different suggestions for making it better.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
kenedy
Plort

Postby Randomtangle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:00 am

Bold hens should try to fly.
Choose!

Bulbasuar

Charmander

Squirtle

I choose Charmander.
THANK'S HACHI!
I like Matter-Eater Lad!
I am a HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP
I
AM
HUMMINGBIRD!
YIP!
BYE!

Are you still here?
This is tiny.
Randomtangle
Treefox

Postby Fishkeeper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 am

Flying hens would be a massive pain to try and contain, though.
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Return to Slime Design