Question About the Slime Sea

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Question About the Slime Sea

Postby JCUnown » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:06 pm

A random question about the Slime Sea...

The other day, I was clearing out a corral which I had shortsightedly filled with Hunter-Saber largos (at the time of creating the corral I didn't know how irritating it would be trying to feed a pen of carnivorous slimes which could turn feral and murder me ant any moment), dealing with them by shooting them into the Slime Sea. I of course could have just dealt with them via a Tarr outbreak, but I fancy myself a better person than that. Besides, the Slimepedia says that slimes that enter the sea just swim away somewhere else anyway, so...

Anyway, I finished clearing them out by firing them all into the sea, all of them, and take note of the fact that I was in The Overgrowth, firing out towards the sea next to The Docks. I saw all of them become completely submerged, none of them escaped or anything, and I went on with what I was doing.

Either the same in-game day or the day after, I found myself walking through the Dry Reef, relatively close to the Ranch, yet on the other side of where I had released all of my largos. And there, near the bridge to the island with the first Pink Gordo, was a Hunter-Saber largo. It should go without saying that neither of those slime species appear anywhere near the Dry Reef, so it was unmistakably one of the ones I released... yet I had seen them all land in the sea, and on the opposite end of the area to boot. None of them had ever escaped, and even if one had without my knowing, there's no way it could've made its way all the way into the middle of the Reef from The Overgrowth.

I checked the wiki, didn't see anything to suggest that this kind of thing could happen, but I don't see any other way this could have occurred unless the Slimepedia page is serious- that slimes actually will return to land when shot into the sea.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm curious about what's going on. Also, if this is actually just a well-known thing that I wasn't aware of, then someone should really update the wiki with this info.
Remember kids, don't fall for Chick-fil-A's devious ad campaign. Don't support chicken genocide.

Don't be like BOb.
JCUnown
Chickadoo

Re: Question About the Slime Sea

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:33 pm

Never heard of it occurring but it makes sense lore wise if you read the slimepedia, may add it to the wiki if we can recreate it or more reports come in.
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby QuantumTangle23 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Odd, a similar thing happened to me too, except i had fallen in the sea when it happened.

I was collecting ornaments, when I had slipped into the slime sea. I had a tarr, hunter, and rad ornament at the time. Later, I went out to the Docks and guess what I saw? A tarr, hunter, and rad ornament!

I'm not sure, but perhaps it is a curious thing to look into.
Quantum tangles are the hardest slimes to ranch.

But who can say no to that cute little face?
QuantumTangle23
Keeper

Postby EmeraldPlay » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Items reappearing at the docks is an actual feature, however stuff reappearing in other areas isn't.
My avatar was taken from Miomilla's chart.

Not visiting this place as often so contact me on Discord if you want anything from me.
-----
Links:
The partnered Discord server for Slime Rancher I once moderated
Restored prototype features
EmeraldPlay
Treefox

Postby GravityCat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Funny you should mention this.

While testing Hunter Slime behaviours about a week ago, I threw a Pink Hunter Largo away into the slime sea. Warped back to the ranch, and it dropped from the sky near the plort market.

Same one.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Purplecharmanderz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:43 am

Really should look into replicating this then... it makes sense lore wise last I checked so might see if it is actually implemented
Same username as I have on discord. I do no damage challenges if you have ideas for those feel free to share
Purplecharmanderz
Keeper

Postby Crafter1300 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm

I Didn't Know Dis... I Have Had It happen With Mint Mangos Before

Once Upon A Time XD Just Kidding

While Transporting Mint Mangos To The Wilds (For A Cool Screenshot) I Fell Off The Side Right Behind It I Was Trying To Chat On Discord At The Same Time BTW (So Be Careful While Texting) But I Found The Mint Mangos At The Shore Of The Docks Weird Right?
Crafter Out (This was written 4 years ago but I'll keep it)
Crafter1300
Rancher

Postby TheGreciansHousehold » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Purplecharmanderz wrote:Really should look into replicating this then... it makes sense lore wise last I checked so might see if it is actually implemented

According to the lore, the slimes usually become different slimes once they reform, in which case all slimes in the game spawn when others "die".

Probably just a location error.
My Fanon-Lore Posts

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."
- Albert Einstein

Oceanus Out.

──────────────────────
I'm not really active here anymore. If you want to contact me, here's my Steam and my email is nala.korjo@gmail.com.
TheGreciansHousehold
Treefox

Postby SupaGamaBoi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:11 am

QuantumTangle23 wrote:Odd, a similar thing happened to me too, except i had fallen in the sea when it happened.

I was collecting ornaments, when I had slipped into the slime sea. I had a tarr, hunter, and rad ornament at the time. Later, I went out to the Docks and guess what I saw? A tarr, hunter, and rad ornament!

I'm not sure, but perhaps it is a curious thing to look into.

The docks automatically take some of the items you lost if you die in the sea. Then, you can recover them on shore. That’s just the hidden feature of the docks, and has nothing to do with the Slime Sea.
Dank SupaGamaBoi wrote:
I EAT THE MEMES
I DRINK THE MEMES
WITHOUT MEMES I WILL DIE

BEWARE THE MAN WHO SPEAKS IN HANDS
LOOK AT THAT NOOB GO
SupaGamaBoi
Rancher

Return to General Discussion