[Slime Suggestion] Battery slime

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:02 pm

Plorts starting value: 55-60

Name: Battery slime

Habitat: indigo quarry

Diet: fruit

favourite: Jolt berry *a berry which holds some electricity*

rarity: They are somewhat around the rarity of a puddleslime

Appearance: a bright yellow slime with a strange mouth which is shaped like that of a cartoon styled lightning bolt which shines brighter depending on its mood

slimeology: Battery slimes are peculiar slimes since their bodies can store minor amounts of electricity which creates a vibrant yellow glow *in this case, it sucks up 10 stamina per slime from you* being able to store electricity is also a powerful tool for catching prey as they can release that electricity into water and shock any food in the water causing paralysis to anything closer than 4 meters.

Risk: Battery slimes are known for their energetic and crazy behaviour which can be a pain to deal with sometimes.

Plortonomics: the plorts of battery slimes is used as a conductor for wires and more.

This species can create largo

-hope you liked this idea gimme feedback.
Last edited by TurtleDuDe48 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
all credit for drawing the Crystal slime belongs to Hachiseiko.

And remember kids. Stay in school and don't do drugs.

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: Suggestion for a slime species

Postby Urby » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:11 pm

For fun, I looked up what 5000 watts would power, and long story short, "5000 watts" is not really a good indicator of anything, since it depends on what you're plugging it into as well as other factors like amps and volts and transfer per hour. Basically, electicity voodoo I haven't touched in several years. I'm sure that only excessively curious and picky people like me would mind, though P:

Also, I'm not sure about designing a slime whose primary risk associated with it is "it can beat the upgrade to a thing that should keep slimes out". Also super bouncy slimes would still beat high walls+airnet if you keep enough of them. Some people keep corrals of upwards of 15, which could totally break an airnet if you get bad bounce RNG!
3D modeler, doodler, and video game designer.
Mole Slime
Urby
Rancher

Postby Pigcatapult » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Your thread title isn't very helpful. Lots of folks have fan slimes, so just saying it's a slime suggestion doesn't tell us anything before we click. A title like "Battery Slime" or "[Slime Suggestion] Battery Slime" would let folks know what kind of slime it is, and make it easier to find your thread again.
Pigcatapult
Rancher

Postby DeltaStorm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:26 pm

TurtleDuDe48 wrote:Plorts starting value: 55-60

Name: Battery slime

Habitat: indigo quarry

Diet: Meat

favourite: roostros

rarity: The rarity of battery slimes are that of a puddle slime they are rare and are only found in the indigo quarry

Appearance: a bright yellow slime with a strange mouth which is shaped like that of a cartoon styled lightning bolt which shines brighter depending on its mood

slimeology: Battery slimes are peculiar slimes since their bodies can store minor amounts of electricity which creates a vibrant yellow glow *in this case, it sucks up 10 stamina per slime from you* being able to store electricity is also a powerful tool for catching prey as they can release that electricity into water and shock any food in the water causing paralysis to anything closer than 4 meters.

Risk: Battery slimes are known for their energetic and crazy behaviour they also can jump higher than ordinary slimes which can result in loose slimes which means tar But this is unlikly if you add higher walls to the coralls and a airnet. they are also more intelligent than ordinary slimes too once they escape they immediately go for the chicken pen eating most of your henhens/stonyhens/roostros ect which is an huge downfall. Also. what every you do. Do not ever let a battery slime into the pond with puddle slimes as they will immediately dissolve back into water

Plortonomics: the plorts of battery slimes are able to store electricity just like the slimes which allows us to use the plorts as batterys which store 5,000 watts each.

This species cannot create largo

-hope you liked this idea gimme feedback.
it probably sucks :l

It does suck good friend, please do not try to make me sympathize with your idea.

1. Why does it eat meat. Really stupid for an electrical being to use biomass as a fuel source when just resorting to more natural elements would be a better idea then biomass. Evolution would wipe these guys out in no time.

2. Puddle slimes appear 4 times a day, not rare.

3. The risks section is just a Tabby slime, but it can dissolve. Amazing. Also how does electricity make puddle slimes dissolve back into water? What the absolute hell is this idea?

4. Watts. WATTS. Excuse me, Watt is a what? Watt? What is a Watt? Well a Watt is a measurement to see how much kilojules are used per hour, not the actual power. So what you're telling me here is that this battery can hold 17'999'998 joules of energy. Kind of ridiculous considering this is pretty much a MegaJoule. This is one gud slime alright! Why would we need the Rad slime's batterys if we have this badass of a slime?

Terrible idea.
DeltaStorm
Rancher

Reply to all of you.

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Ok I will take all your suggestions thank you even if it was a bit rough to say the least I will try to edit this to fit your needs and I will try to make this better so thank you :)

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Re: [Slime Suggestion] Battery slime

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:46 pm

ok i have changed it please tell me if it is worse or better as i would really appreciate it. *and i know i need more work i will edit it time to time*

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Postby Wonda » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Human children would enjoy playing pranks on each other using battery plorts.

Three in a row, tic tac tarr!
Wonda
Rancher

Postby TurtleDuDe48 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Wonda YOU ARE AMAZING THAT IS THE PERFECT IMAGE FOR THE BATTERY SLIME :O

;)
TurtleDuDe48
Keeper

Return to Creative