Simple Suggestion on Fire Slimes

Feedback and general discussion of Slime Rancher

Simple Suggestion on Fire Slimes

Postby Lhuna » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 am

I don't know if this has been addressed before (and I did look at a glance and found nothing), but here goes.

The Fire Slimes. Keeping them in the Ash Trough is a huge problem. I've had fire slimes (even with the toy removed) jump into the CEILING of the Cave area where I keep them and out of my trough all the time. I only have 5, which considering they're like puddles, is the right number of those to have (with duckie), so it seemed right.

And... they're constantly getting out. It feels like I can't leave them alone for one second!

So here is my suggestion: please make some walls similar to the other corrals for the Incinerator. An upgrade for them when you buy the Ash Trough, or after you do, or something, please. It would help tremendously. I don't want to lose my babies, and I don't think anyone else does either.
Lhuna
Plort

Re: Simple Suggestion on Fire Slimes

Postby GravityCat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:28 am

They've become more bouncy since I think 1.1.0 as well, so placing them back into the trough when vaccing them all up is a major pain now.

I keep 30+ (kind of have to with the amount of food I grow now) split between two incinerators. To save myself wasting too much time I vac up both the slimes and the plorts and shoot the slimes back after. I have developed a system to stand on top of the incinerator itself and shoot them back into the trough aiming for the corner so they don't fly too far, which means they often stay in the trough. But they're so bouncy they can still bounce out. Sometimes they shoot skywards when filling it, but not often.

Some kind of better habitat would be nice, even if it was just barrier-walls similar to corral walls. It's gotten to the point where now I don't even bother collecting their plorts since they're only the same value as puddles, and just splash them with water to just burst them just because putting them back is so fiddly.

Also side note, Fire Slimes don't despawn in water. It's weird.
Slime Rancher Wiki profile:
The1AndOnlyMike

Slime Rancher has a Community Discord!
GravityCat
Rancher

Postby Lhuna » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Yeah, it's really a problem. I'm only ranching 5 because I don't like to overcrowd my enclosures but somehow they still do things like jumping up to the ceiling and getting out constantly despite keeping them with lots of ash and removing their toy. (They lost toy privileges when they continually kept escaping. They are just too naughty.)

I really hope they fix this, because the puddle slimes are not nearly as bad. Sometimes they accidentally jump out, but it happens once in a blue moon, never as often as with the fire slimes.
Lhuna
Plort

Postby GravityCat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Lhuna wrote:(They lost toy privileges when they continually kept escaping. They are just too naughty.)

This was addressed in a recent update. 1.1.1 I believe. They no longer leap towards a toy.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby AnakhaSilver » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Unfortunately, I know this isn't true, because we have the latest version (1.1.2) and they still jump at the toy from my own observation.
AnakhaSilver
Plort

Postby GravityCat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 am

AnakhaSilver wrote:Unfortunately, I know this isn't true, because we have the latest version (1.1.2) and they still jump at the toy from my own observation.

Are you sure your game is actually up to date? I have the latest version and they don't do it at all, even with toys they don't favour.

The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Postby KitsuneRyo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:13 pm

My fire slimes will just randomly sort of.... slide??? One will suddenly be out of the trough, and I don't know why. I only have three, so it's not a crowding issue... maybe does filling the trough too much make it easier for them to fall out?
KitsuneRyo
Rancher

Postby Fishkeeper » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:45 pm

Mine don't seem to glitch, but they're a MAJOR pain to get back into the trough without them bouncing out and hitting me in the face.
Maybe just an upgrade that builds a corral-esque set of walls and roof around the trough, functioning as a normal corral and roof, to keep 'em in when you put 'em in?
Fishkeeper
Rancher

Postby GravityCat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:53 pm

KitsuneRyo wrote:My fire slimes will just randomly sort of.... slide??? One will suddenly be out of the trough, and I don't know why. I only have three, so it's not a crowding issue... maybe does filling the trough too much make it easier for them to fall out?

From time to time mine will get launched upwards when filling the trough, but not often.
The1AndOnlyMike

GravityCat
Rancher

Return to General Discussion